SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-24-2012, 14:35   #151
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
How do you hear out of the corner of your eye?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 14:58   #152
vart

I think some fo the responses here are due to a misunderstanding of the OP's statement.

He was only going a few miles over the limit in a fairly rural area when some mentally unstable person tried to do a "citizen's arrest"...

The OP was not going 20mph over the limit in a residential area with small children playing nearby...

However, I think the subject of the gradual breakdown in society and the resultant inability of the police to respond and what citizens responsibities should be is worthy of another thread...

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 15:48   #153
MAC702

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
So you're going to send the cops a picture of YOUR GPS screen showing YOU speeding? Not to mention the whole thing would be your word against his even with said pictures...
Plus, a still photo won't show a rate of closure and provides no evidence that the other vehicle is going the same speed. You would need video.

The photo could only be used as evidence against the vehicle doing the stalking.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:18   #154
singularity35

Tried having someone tailgate me. I turned on my tail lights, heard his brakes screech. Went serenely on my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
So what makes all human life so valuable? Who said? A cooky religion?
singularity35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:11   #155
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post

what kind of special retard is this?
Not special at all...pretty run of the mill if you ask me.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

P.S. Glad it ended well and he was just a weirdo and not psychotic or something.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:19   #156
Z71bill

My guess

The guy was secretly taking a video so he could put it on YouTube -- trying to get a reaction out of someone that would give him 15 minutes of fame.

It is difficult for an old guy like me to accept - but the fact is - every time you are out in public - there is about a 30% chance you are being filmed.
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:20   #157
EKUJustice

Break check for the win. Get a new bumper in the process. Stupid animals running into the road lol
EKUJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:46   #158
Gwalk

He is without a doubt a village idiot. I would let the local authorities know about him. I will bet you aren't the first one he's done that too. He broke numerous laws doing this, including speeding and following to closely.
Gwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:31   #159
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKUJustice View Post
Break check for the win. Get a new bumper in the process. Stupid animals running into the road lol
So believable around here that I would have wrote the guy in back for following too closely when I worked the wreck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA

Last edited by Bullman; 12-25-2012 at 11:31..
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:20   #160
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
I think you'd feel pretty stupid when you have to replace your trash can, pick up your now scattered refuse, and get a ticket. Because I'm pretty sure your trash can is a lesser race than my steel bumper.
true, Rhinolined Buckstop on mine, short of a dumpster no trash can is even going to scratch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKUJustice View Post
yes, but I typically have no desire to waste the cop's time, stand there yelling with tailgating nimrod, deal with an insurance claim, etc.

I have narrowed it down to two "houses" that the TJ/JK came from, have not seen anyone outside or in the Jeep so cannot confirm.

There was a guy with a same description Jeep and fitting the same physical description arrested 2 miles away for road rage and brandishing two days after my "pullover".......
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:29   #161
writwing

Starting an argument with you gun in your hands is not a good idea.

I would call the locals to get your side of the story in before the nut-job escalates this.
Old 12-26-2012, 15:56   #162
JACKSON1

[QUOTE=writwing;19781406]Starting an argument with you gun in your hands is not a good idea.

Agreed, but that idiot started it with his car...
JACKSON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 15:59   #163
NEVRL8T

Interesting. I have taken two classes since buying my Glock last month. A handgun class and a CCW class and in both classes they specifically instructed us to avoid this type of thing at all costs and if you can't avoid it then the first thing you do is call the police. We were taught that you sure as heck don't pullover in this type of situation and confront someone or even see what they want. We were instructed to keep moving or drive to the police station but DO NOT STOP.

Last edited by NEVRL8T; 12-26-2012 at 15:59..
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 16:55   #164
RPVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8T View Post
"... (T)hey specifically instructed us to avoid this type of thing at all costs and if you can't avoid it then the first thing you do is call the police. We were taught that you sure as heck don't pullover in this type of situation and confront someone or even see what they want. We were instructed to keep moving or drive to the police station but DO NOT STOP."
Sure sounds like damned good advice to me. The sooner LE knows what's going on, the better for you.
Old 12-26-2012, 17:26   #165
icelandicstud

special ed
icelandicstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 17:34   #166
xArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCave View Post
round here, cars flying down the neighborhood roads get pelted with footballs, basketballs or whatever kind of ball might be in reach.

"whoops, our bad, missed the catch, sorry bout that huge dent in the side of your ride. I bet if you had been doing the speed limit, you couldn't have caught it".

Usually doesn't take more than once.
So ... daddy is playing catch with the kids. Throws ball at a "speeding" vehicle in the street. Kid chases ball into street and is struck by the same or other vehicle. Who is at fault? Who has evidence? Daddy has several problems to deal with. My residential neighborhood was able to do it legally slow the traffic down with speed bumps.
xArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 17:52   #167
NEVRL8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPVG View Post
Sure sounds like damned good advice to me. The sooner LE knows what's going on, the better for you.
Exactly as they taught us. It's better for you, as a concealed weapon carrier, to be the first one to contact the police. Not the second one because sometimes you become "the bad guy with a gun" whether your at fault or not.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 18:04   #168
NOGIBJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
I was on my way home and admittedly probably going a little fast, turned onto my next to last road and this Jeep is up my ass.....

I do not get bent about road manners much so I just ignore it, get to final turn and he is UP my ass, cannot even see his headlights.

Mind you; I drive a 3/4 ton diesel with a big ass bumper, I slow to almost a stop and turn onto my street, he is giving me a colonoscopy at this point, I pull over and slam on brakes and roll down window. This is a pretty rural area, I lean out the window and say "Is there an issue here?". I have a revolver and cell phone in hands.

This little retard starts yelling "I saw you speeding down my road dammit!!!" "I got your plates!!!"

I calmly say "are you a Law Enforcement Officer?" "what if I am", OK, so you are not, turn around and go home. "NO!, I saw you speeding!".

"Why don't you get out of your Jeep and come to my truck window and talk about this?" "NO!" "I got yo plates!"

OK, I have yours too, get out and say what you have to say or turn your ass around and go home.

"NO!" "I am turning you in for speeding!"

Great, I have 911 dialing right now, what's your name?

"You are calling the cops?"

Yep. Now turn around and go HOME jackass.

"I seen you, I seen your truck and plates, you're a SPEEDER!"

whips a u turn and goes home.

what kind of special retard is this?
I would have pulled over slowly and stopped and put on my emergency blinkers.

Leave window up. Watch his every move... but no conversation. Turn on Kodak PlaySport and sit on dash pointed towards his truck.

My next move will be in response to where he wants this to go. Hopefully he'll leave... If gets out, gets close to my window and menaces me, I might tell him one time to backoff... before he received his complementary Bear Guard bath.

Then I'd call 911.. still recording and watching his every move.

^

Last edited by NOGIBJJ; 12-26-2012 at 18:13..
NOGIBJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 19:18   #169
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

I have decided to get a Personal Video Camera. It can't hurt to have one, it's just another layer of self defense.

http://www.digitalallyinc.com/personal-camera.html
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 20:44   #170
ohsnapzombies

i hate when people speed through my neighborhood.
ohsnapzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 21:36   #171
NOGIBJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
I have decided to get a Personal Video Camera. It can't hurt to have one, it's just another layer of self defense.

http://www.digitalallyinc.com/personal-camera.html

Thinking about front and rear dash cams... one of the the many cheapos on the market... need to do a little more research first.

I had an 8GB internal memory FLIP pocket VCR that I lost. Loved it. Durable, simple, 2 hrs of incredible 1080P.

They no longer make the FLIP, so I replaced it with a Kodak Playsport has the advantage of an SD slot. I'm now running a 16GB High-Speed card.

I know phones have video... but its nice having a dedicated VCR with a great lens... in your shirt pocket.

^

Last edited by NOGIBJJ; 12-26-2012 at 21:38..
NOGIBJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:25   #172
Averageman

Was that David Gregory in the other car and did he have an illeagle AR magazine in his hand at the time?
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:27   #173
purrrfect 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Wow, the temptation to slam on the brakes would have been almost unbearable.
Agree at that point I would have hit them full until impact Got out of the truck rolling around on the ground holding my neck screeming why did you hit me. He then says why did you hit your brakes I wasn't going to run over that dog Why the hell did you hit me OH MY NECK
I'm in the best condition I possibly can be ~ being in this condition...
purrrfect 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:22   #174
Vultite

Feinstein's brother??
Vultite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 19:34   #175
dhoomonyou

+1
Go bang his wife.
Smith & Wesson Club # 711
Do not demand accomplishment from those with no talent.
dhoomonyou is offline   Reply With Quote