SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-03-2013, 19:52   #201
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
Well the writing is on the wall, you see more liberal states jumping into ammo & mag bans. It wouldn't take much to get something passed in the Congress, the Rep don't hold that strong a majority. Again, PBO can do a lot of damage thru exec order, they are working on it trust me...

Now for a little rational thought:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/21...-for-democrats
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 21:36   #202
Lugi

To answer the OP question.....NOPE!, I have more then enough standard mags for my 9mm's!!!!
Lugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47   #203
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
To answer the OP question.....NOPE!, I have more then enough standard mags for my 9mm's!!!!
So do I. I have seven standard-capacity magazines for my Glock 17 pistol.
Old 01-04-2013, 18:01   #204
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
So do I. I have seven standard-capacity magazines for my Glock 17 pistol.

That's it!?!?!?

Get more when you can. I think I have 15 for each of my 3 glocks....and only 3 glock 18 mags.
Old 01-04-2013, 21:13   #205
xsam138

Just bought a Glock 23 Gen 4 .. and no regrets.

Why:

1. More lead moving fast.
2. Recoil is not bad, the internet makes it worse.
3. I carry in the woods.

Biggest reason being the woods. I know my 23 wont stop a bear, but I do know it will penetrate bone and fur more than a 9mm, and that gives me confidence. I have come across Cougars more than once, and feel 100% more confident with the .40 than a 9mm against smaller 4 legged creatures.

If I was strictly a city boy, it would be 100% 9mm with modern Hollow points. But that I am not ...
xsam138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 23:42   #206
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsam138 View Post
Just bought a Glock 23 Gen 4 .. and no regrets.

Why:

1. More lead moving fast.
2. Recoil is not bad, the internet makes it worse.
3. I carry in the woods.

Biggest reason being the woods. I know my 23 wont stop a bear, but I do know it will penetrate bone and fur more than a 9mm, and that gives me confidence. I have come across Cougars more than once, and feel 100% more confident with the .40 than a 9mm against smaller 4 legged creatures.

If I was strictly a city boy, it would be 100% 9mm with modern Hollow points. But that I am not ...
Penetrate bone....I'm sure you'll find that out first hand, went that 23 KA.................................BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMS!!!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:39   #207
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldMyHat View Post
So, a majority of the debate in 9mm vs 45acp comes to capacity vs power. I know there are other arguments, but that's what I hear the most. So my question is, if a 10 round magazine limit is instated, will you switch to 40sw or 45acp or stay with 9mm in handguns that can hold 10 in either caliber?

I am kind of leaning that, if I can only have 10, I might as well have the biggest 10 I can.
I'd switch to the .45 ACP and carry the meanest 230gr JHP on the market.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:44   #208
4949shooter

Quote:
I like that.

Some Black talons for Scmasterblaster!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51   #209
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

I followed Tom Gresham's advice a long time ago and made sure I have plenty of standard capacity magazines for everything I have that accepts them.

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22   #210
SCmasterblaster

I am hoping that NH and VT will not pass a mag limit bill.
Old 01-06-2013, 00:30   #211
fredj338

Quote:
I am hoping that NH and VT will not pass a mag limit bill.
Well, if it's Federal ban, then they are all gone. What happens when people do not pay attention & vote, or don't vote, their own rights away. SHould Obama get his Dem house, Katie bar the door, a lot more than an AWB will come down the road. As it is, the min will be a ban on 10+ mags, min. BTW, buying more won't do you much good if they make possesion a crime.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 13:16   #212
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Well, if it's Federal ban, then they are all gone. What happens when people do not pay attention & vote, or don't vote, their own rights away...
Yes & no. I am a little worried now because the House of Rep. caved on the "Fiscal Cliff". I hope my worry is unfounded. We can vote them in & out but we have no control over how they vote ultimately.

Last edited by Tiro Fijo; 01-06-2013 at 13:17..
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 15:37   #213
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
Yes & no. I am a little worried now because the House of Rep. caved on the "Fiscal Cliff". I hope my worry is unfounded. We can vote them in & out but we have no control over how they vote ultimately.
HA! Do NOT expect the house to save this. They want their jobs ultimately. So if they think it gets them re elected, they'll whore out & vote. Besides, I still say PBO does NOT need congressional approval for some issues like banning 10+ mags. It could & may be done thru EO. The DOJ, I believe, can manipulate current laws & "regulate" mags. Maybe not ban, but restrict. The ban can come later if the libertarian weenies out there allow the Rep to lose congress in 2014. Thanks those who did not vote or voted their hear failed to throw the liberal clowns out of office. This current admin is far worse than Carter & Carter got the boot. Gee, I wonder why?
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
Old 01-06-2013, 17:53   #214
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
HA! Do NOT expect the house to save this. They want their jobs ultimately. So if they think it gets them re elected, they'll whore out & vote. Besides, I still say PBO does NOT need congressional approval for some issues like banning 10+ mags. It could & may be done thru EO. The DOJ, I believe, can manipulate current laws & "regulate" mags. Maybe not ban, but restrict. The ban can come later if the libertarian weenies out there allow the Rep to lose congress in 2014. Thanks those who did not vote or voted their hear failed to throw the liberal clowns out of office. This current admin is far worse than Carter & Carter got the boot. Gee, I wonder why?
...but it WON'T get them re-elected

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:38   #215
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
...but it WON'T get them re-elected
In some states it will. They are only going to be bluedog dems if it gets them elected.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:02   #216
jetflier1989

Quote:

Ditto for me! While evrybody was buying up AR mags I bought 10 Wilson Combat 8 rd 1911 mags. (I don't own an AR lol!) Only decison I'd have to make will be 230gr Rangers or HST's. But will it really matter?
jetflier1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:59   #217
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetflier1989 View Post

Ditto for me! While evrybody was buying up AR mags I bought 10 Wilson Combat 8 rd 1911 mags. (I don't own an AR lol!) Only decison I'd have to make will be 230gr Rangers or HST's. But will it really matter?
I was a long time SXT fan, but found them to be a little finicky when I was experimenting with 1911 carry. They didn't feed in my Kimberly, and in my Kobra Carry, the brass came back to my face. Switched to Gold Dots with no issues in either.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 19:52   #218
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Quote:
Well, if it's Federal ban, then they are all gone. What happens when people do not pay attention & vote, or don't vote, their own rights away. SHould Obama get his Dem house, Katie bar the door, a lot more than an AWB will come down the road. As it is, the min will be a ban on 10+ mags, min. BTW, buying more won't do you much good if they make possesion a crime.
I'm stocking up on 10 rounders now before they get harder to find as well. if they ban regular capacity mags there will be a rush on 10 rounders. I'm not waiting and holding out hope that the house heads things off. My gut tells me to know better. Sell outs a plenty will surface.

But on the off chance nothing happens (cough, cough) the 10 rounders can be range mags and save wear on my regular ones . I agree a ban is probably coming. Dumb and useless but probably one of a number of dumb and useless measures in the months to come. All else fails I'm packing dual steel J- Frame .357 Magnums.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 20:28   #219
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKLovingIT View Post
I'm stocking up on 10 rounders now before they get harder to find as well. if they ban regular capacity mags there will be a rush on 10 rounders. I'm not waiting and holding out hope that the house heads things off. My gut tells me to know better. Sell outs a plenty will surface.

But on the off chance nothing happens (cough, cough) the 10 rounders can be range mags and save wear on my regular ones . I agree a ban is probably coming. Dumb and useless but probably one of a number of dumb and useless measures in the months to come. All else fails I'm packing dual steel J- Frame .357 Magnums.
Politicians who are up for election every 2 years cannot afford to piss off their constituency in some kind of 'sell out' to, well, I don't know who

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 21:29   #220
eagle3929

I have both covered-9mm and .45
eagle3929 is offline   Reply With Quote