Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-26-2012, 13:26   #181
Kirishiac

Federally I doubt an AWB gets passed, but state level for me (Oregon) more laws are coming with a more democratic state legislature that was elected. If they don't grandfather anything than my full size gun will become a .45. (outside chance of a 8 shot .357) My carry is in 9mm and under 10rounds already. The 9mm as others have said is very capable, but I won't keep a full size G17 that only holds 10 rounds.
Kirishiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 13:37   #182
Noles26
Made in Texas

Send a message via AIM to Noles26
Stick to Sig 938 as EDC

Occasionally carry G20 and P30 in 9mm

WWW.GTXGUNS.COM
Noles26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 14:21   #183
Cambo

I am thinking of switching because 9mm is getting impossible to find and I might as well go bigger and preserve my current magazines. Possibilities:
1. Sig Sauer P220(in some flavor)
2. CZ 75B in .40sw
3. 1911 in .45acp
Old 12-26-2012, 14:23   #184
sharkbait22

IF it comes down to that, which I really hope it doesn't. I would probably finally just give into the single stack 9mm craze and pickup a shield for the comfort and slim profile. But still keep the 9mm platform as I am heavily invested in it.
sharkbait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 21:59   #185
carbuncle
is not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisc1024 View Post
Soon we will be saying "ah for the good old days".
Only if we roll over and keep saying crap like that to ourselves and each other. Stand tall and stay strong, this is a culture war: is the best we can do to run and hide, expecting defeat when the first shot is fired?

I think not.
Old 12-26-2012, 22:31   #186
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuncle View Post
Only if we roll over and keep saying crap like that to ourselves and each other. Stand tall and stay strong, this is a culture war: is the best we can do to run and hide, expecting defeat when the first shot is fired?

I think not.
YES!! +1,000,000

I said it before (in this thread). The defeatism I'm witnessing is stunning and disappointing. I never expected my gun-brethren to turn tail and run like this.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" – Samuel Adams

"From my cold dead hands...." - Charlton Heston

Last edited by racer88; 12-26-2012 at 22:35..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 22:38   #187
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
YES!! +1,000,000

I said it before (in this thread). The defeatism I'm witnessing is stunning and disappointing. I never expected my gun-brethren to turn tail and run like this.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" – Samuel Adams

"From my cold dead hands...." - Charlton Heston
No one is running, but sticking ones head in the sand & saying it won't happen is just that, sticking your head in the sand. I think the best single thing we can do is join the NRA, then buy as much stuff as you can going forward. The one thing OBAMA has been good for is the gun & ammo industry. He is ironicly, solely responsible for almost doubling guns sales in the last 4yrs.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-27-2012 at 02:01..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 23:01   #188
carbuncle
is not cool.

I think the best we can do is contact all of our representatives and the leaders of the house and senate, renew our NRA memberships and remind them that caving is not an option, join 2AF and GOA if you're comfortable with them, and be excellent ambassadors of our sport, hobby and right as citizens. Debate logically and politely, provide facts where illogical arguments present themselves, and stand up and let non-shooters know we are not the faceless, demonized, ignorant masses the banners want to characterize us as.

We all have a part in this, it started last week and it is not to run and hide.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:45   #189
cadillacguns

Already carry the .40, but if limited to just ten rounds the G-23 would be my choice as it is for many in already restricted states and areas.
GLOCKS #1 FAN!!!

"IN GLOCK WE TRUST"
cadillacguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55   #190
LawScholar

This thread made me go ahead and back order a 17-rounder for my PX4 .40 and a pair of Gen 3 Pmags with windows. I'm going to fight the ban by writing/donating etc., but it'll be nice to have those on hand whether or not it passes.

I should note that I ordered from MidwayUSA, and though their shipping is always a touch steep, they are not participating at all in price gouging. I back ordered my Gen 3 Pmags for $17.50 each and my Beretta factory 17-rounder for $39 or so, both totally normal non-panic prices.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:10   #191
clarkz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacguns View Post
Already carry the .40, but if limited to just ten rounds the G-23 would be my choice as it is for many in already restricted states and areas.
Same here, 10 rounds of .40 or .357 Sig out
of my G23 is better then 10 rounds out of my G19.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
clarkz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:45   #192
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
No one is running, but sticking ones head in the sand & saying it won't happen is just that, sticking your head in the sand. I think the best single thing we can do is join the NRA, then buy as much stuff as you can going forward. The one thing OBAMA has been good for is the gun & ammo industry. He is ironicly, solely responsible for almost doubling guns sales in the last 4yrs.
I have not seen ANY posts calling for standing UP (and doing something like joining the NRA, SAF, et al) until your brief mention of the NRA there. All of the posts have amounted to lamentations and hand-wringing over the "inevitable."

I do agree with joining organizations dedicated to our rights. I am a member of both the NRA and SAF. I have been buying "stuff" for the last few years, and I'm SO glad I did. I'm "good-to-go" for quite a while. I still have my "wish list," but it will have to wait, I guess. It's ALL GONE for now.

My prediction: Nothing will happen (in the way of bans), because of the republican majority in the house and the actions of our organizations (NRA, SAF). Things will settle down. And all the naive speculators will be selling "stuff" at a major loss.

I hope I'm right!

PS... I also agree with the comments about making logical arguments to anyone and everyone willing to listen (and maybe even those not willing to listen). Over the past few years, I've actually been successful in converting some antis to our side. It works!

Last edited by racer88; 12-27-2012 at 08:47..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:46   #193
dukeblue91

I usually only carry a .45 anyway and it holds 9+1 so it won't worry me too much anyway.
However I just bought a Ruger P95 9mm that came with 5 15rnd magazines just because of thinking that they may ban them and I wanted to have some before it happened.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 13:31   #194
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer88 View Post
My prediction: Nothing will happen (in the way of bans), because of the republican majority in the house and the actions of our organizations (NRA, SAF). Things will settle down. And all the naive speculators will be selling "stuff" at a major loss.

I hope I'm right!

PS... I also agree with the comments about making logical arguments to anyone and everyone willing to listen (and maybe even those not willing to listen). Over the past few years, I've actually been successful in converting some antis to our side. It works!
Well the writing is on the wall, you see more liberal states jumping into ammo & mag bans. It wouldn't take much to get something passed in the Congress, the Rep don't hold that strong a majority. Again, PBO can do a lot of damage thru exec order, they are working on it trust me. They have wanted this since the first AWB & except for the sunset provision, it was working for them. They'll try again, wait & see.
Most people in this country that are not gun owners have no idea what laws are on the books. The media always gets it wrong & people tend to believe what they see on tv or read on the net. Reality, guns were far easier to get in the 1950-1968 period. The same style semiauto/ high cap guns were available then; M1 carbine & 30rd mags, 1911s have been around since 1910, BHP since 1936, etc, we never had mass shootings & such random violence, but for the 1920s & prohibition crime.
No, it's the total breakdown of society. Kids w/o fathers. Lack of discipline at all levels, lack of responsibilty at all levels. Look, the Feds can run guns to criminals in Mexico & no one even loses their job! That is the real tragedy, the loss of our society. It isn't getting better folks, only worse. So yeah, I am not a huge fan of the NRA, but the are our best voice. LaPierre should step down & someone like Tom Selleck should be put into that position. We need a better voice. It just doesn't help when the propaganda like media lies & covers up the real issues in our society.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-27-2012 at 13:33..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09   #195
LarryNC

I know not what course others may take; but as for me...

First, let me say that I have not read every reply in this thread. I haven't even read all the replies on page one. I have been a big fan of the 9mm Glock for more than two decades. I have everything from a 2nd generation 17 long slide to a 4th generation model 26. And I am pretty sure that I am set on magazines as well. I will continue to rely on my tested and proven polymer friends.

Remember that famous quote by Patrick Henry, at the Virginia convention. That is pretty much how I am feeling right now. But who knows, it could just be my meds talking

I think of how this country was formed or born. They found that a few percent tax was unbearable and so they took up arms and defeated the most powerful empire on the face of the earth. Compare that with todays average american male whose standard reply when told that the government is going to take away the 2nd amendment and confiscate his personal firearms: he lowers his head, slumps his shoulders and says something like: "oh man, now look at what we have to do."

Houston, we have a problem
Old 12-28-2012, 18:47   #196
captcurly

I am not changing a damn thing. I will continue to use what I am using now and say screw any ban. I am now an old guy and do not give a crap anymore.

It is all about shot placement.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:05   #197
Blast
'nuff said

Nah. Not changing. Have three 9mm weapons and lots of ammo.
Old 12-29-2012, 15:34   #198
dannym
Kill 'Em All

I have a G26 Gen 4, G17 Gen 4, Sig MK25, and a Colt 6951 9mm carbine as my primary SD/HD weapons. I wont be switching.
dannym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 15:37   #199
SCmasterblaster

I may stay with my G17 throughout the Winter.
Old 01-03-2013, 15:20   #200
Reissman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
I'm an (old) girl. Women's fashions don't allow for huge handguns like Glocks, plus I live in FL where we wear less than many most of the year. My EDC is a Kahr PM-9 (6+1). Face it... all you mall ninjas are more inclined to go your entire life without EVER needing to pull your gun in self, or other's defense and your carry piece will never get a practical workout in your lifetimes. For this reason I am prepared, but not uncomfortably prepared, and having an EDC that I will carry under all conditions is more important to me than one I would leave at home because it was too big or otherwise inconvenient on any given day.

No, no changes expected for me whatsoever. BTW, today, Florida went over 1 million CWPs issued statewide - 1,000,645.
Awesome response. Any gun you can carry comfortable all day is better than the one you leave at home cause its not.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Reissman is offline   Reply With Quote