Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:40   #1
beaversgs

Used 930...

Recently got a used 930 and it doesn't want to run. Have only tried birdshot so far. I put a different stock on it. Would the tightness of the stock bolt have any effect on function? If not, what could be some other issues to troubleshoot, before I take it to my local smith?

Thanks,

GregB
beaversgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:51   #2
GlockPride
Glock 23

If it is 'new' or near new, break it down and clean and oil it. Then run a couple hundred of high brass loads that are more stout. This should help break it in just fine and run better.
Run some buck, slugs, steel and heavier dove loads.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:53   #3
GlockPride
Glock 23

I don't think that the stock bolt is your problem, but you could always back it off a 1/2 or full turn and see if that helps. Cross bolts are more common problems prone to over-tightening.
Eph6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God
GlockPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 13:10   #4
KennyFSU
What to wear...

Mine never ran low brass bird shot well. It's meant for hotter loads and those work a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KennyFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 17:45   #5
MStarmer
In Jail...

The 930 isn't really sprung for birdshot but they seem to run it well enough after a thorough break-in. As long as it functions with full power loads as it was designed I wouldn't sweat it. Me and a friend both have them, keep them lubed and they run well.
Old 12-24-2012, 18:11   #6
Rustydude

Since you probably had to break it down to change stocks, break it down again, give it a good wipe down and reassemble, making sure all the parts are there and in the right place, check a schematic if you have any doubts. compare the new stock to the original, do they look the same? some composites might have some plastic "booger" in a place it shouldn't. was the stock bolt replaced too? it might be too long after tightening and the protrusion binding up part of the bolt. Darn Gremlins.......
Rustydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09   #7
beaversgs

Took it apart, cleaned and oiled it. Ran 25 rounds of birdshot without a malfunction. Hopefully that's all it needed.

GregB
beaversgs is offline   Reply With Quote