SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:24   #201
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's Dad View Post
Really? So no restrictions related to their release at all? No checking in with POs? No restrictions on where they can travel, who they can see, establishments they can enter?

Recidivism rates are over 60%. 6 out of 10 seem not to appreciate their newfound opportunity to be a non-criminal member of civil society.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You cannot punish them until they do a crime. What don't you understand? If they are deemed safe enough to be out of prison, they should be given all their rights back. If they are still considered to be a threat to society and need checking in on, or restrictions of any kind, why aren't they in prison where that can be monitored?

ETA:Until you can show me which 6 out of the 10 are going to commit additional crimes, they all should be treated the same. Either they should be free or the they should be in jail with all the rights and responsibilities of their location.

GTDS Certified Member #9

Last edited by whoflungdo; 12-20-2012 at 12:28..
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:27   #202
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Really? So no restrictions related to their release at all? No checking in with POs? No restrictions on where they can travel, who they can see, establishments they can enter?

Recidivism rates are over 60%. 6 out of 10 seem not to appreciate their newfound opportunity to be a non-criminal member of civil society.

Someone on parole has not yet satisfied their sentence.

As for the recidivism rate, what about the 40% who do appreciate their newfound opportunity?

And the 60% who repeat? Sounds like they got a gun from somewhere without regard for your nanny state laws and feel good measures. So what did you accomplish other than disarming law abiding citizens?

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 12-20-2012 at 12:28..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:28   #203
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
The NRA is suppose to have a press conference on Friday. I anxiously await what they have to say.
Probably to let everyone know "there's still time to give an NRA life membership for a Christmas gift".
Old 12-20-2012, 12:29   #204
pipedreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post

I consider you and those like you, the ever-fearful suburban types who would gladly trade freedom for safety, to be the #1 problem destroying this country.

NICS is no more accurate than the TSA fly list. If I recall correctly there were a couple congressmen put on the no fly list. Social Security numbers are stolen all the time by illegal aliens. It is not uncommon to find out more than one person is using the same SS number.

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:43   #205
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

You haven't answered my last question yet, Hip.., er, Hen.
gwalchmai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48   #206
Henry's Dad
woof, woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If that's not his position, it is sure as hell mine.

I have a combined 19 years working in law enforcement and corrections, as an officer and attorney for the departments. My opinion is, when a person leaves priosn, they should have 100% of the same rights as anyone else. If they haven't served enoutgh time, keep them in prison - if they are too dangerous to ever release, execute them. However, there is no justification for saying a person is safe to be free, living in the house beside me, but he's still too dangerous to possess a gun for self-defense.

I consider you and those like you, the ever-fearful suburban types who would gladly trade freedom for safety, to be the #1 problem destroying this country.
And I consider views like yours the reason we will lose miles instead of inches.

Keep pushing the narrative that convicted felons have a 100% right to firearms. The pubic just needs to hear it a few more times and we'll have won the argument.

Henry's Dad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:58   #207
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
And I consider views like yours the reason we will lose miles instead of inches.

Keep pushing the narrative that convicted felons have a 100% right to firearms. The pubic just needs to hear it a few more times and we'll have won the argument.

And views like yours are the reasons we have a defacto gun registry via the 4473 and an unconstitutional bureau enforcing laws that shouldn't exist. Sarah Brady sends her love.

On the other hand Thomas Jefferson agrees with Bren and myself.
Old 12-20-2012, 13:46   #208
mike from st pe

Many times

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Let me ask another way.

Has anyone every seen a private seller, with a table set-up inside a gunshow, selling firearms without NICS checks?
In the GunShine State we the people still have access to the free market. Rifles, shotguns, handguns of all ages and types.
Some will ask to see your concealed carry card but most just want to verify you are a resident.
mike from st pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 14:04   #209
curlysir

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Let me ask another way.

Has anyone every seen a private seller, with a table set-up inside a gunshow, selling firearms without NICS checks?
Yes, quiet common for private sales at the gunshows I have been to. Some even have signs saying private seller.
Old 12-20-2012, 14:50   #210
number1gun

Ok. My vote. Yes shut it down. Should have been done a long time ago. The BATF has not been doing their job. It used to work like this: you are either in the gun Busniess or not and the BATF would, on occasion go after "an unlicensed dealer". Then the anti- gun nuts applied pressure to govt. inspections and ball busting increased to the point the BATF made a lot of enemies and got themselves in trouble to the point that they were pressured to back off. The reality is those laws are still on he books. An occasional sale between two individuals does make a dealer. A person making a regular income of any amount from the sale and transfer makes you a dealer and unlicensed you should stop or get busted. Real Busniess people comply with the intent of the law which was to get a sane handle on the transfer of firearms to....whomever wants one and not to make transfers to persons that realy should not have them. I have no problem going to a gun shop or making a call if that's what comes. Shows started as general enthusiast and C&R collectors gatherings. Like most things human...the greedy have destroyed it.
number1gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 14:56   #211
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1gun View Post
Ok. My vote. Yes shut it down. Should have been done a long time ago. The BATF has not been doing their job. It used to work like this: you are either in the gun Busniess or not and the BATF would, on occasion go after "an unlicensed dealer". Then the anti- gun nuts applied pressure to govt. inspections and ball busting increased to the point the BATF made a lot of enemies and got themselves in trouble to the point that they were pressured to back off. The reality is those laws are still on he books. An occasional sale between two individuals does make a dealer. A person making a regular income of any amount from the sale and transfer makes you a dealer and unlicensed you should stop or get busted. Real Busniess people comply with the intent of the law which was to get a sane handle on the transfer of firearms to....whomever wants one and not to make transfers to persons that realy should not have them. I have no problem going to a gun shop or making a call if that's what comes. Shows started as general enthusiast and C&R collectors gatherings. Like most things human...the greedy have destroyed it.

Do what? I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you are saying other than you are anti-gun, anti-2A, and anti-business. Can you try again in English, please? Preferably Western English. Please and Thank You...

GTDS Certified Member #9
Old 12-20-2012, 15:01   #212
number1gun

Sorry don't know what happened.i missed it.
" The occasional sale between two people does not make you a dealer."

And..I think you can count on the BATF showing up at shows from now on. Making note of those tables and persons on the fringe of ...dealer or individual.
Old 12-20-2012, 15:10   #213
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoflungdo View Post
Do what? I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you are saying other than you are anti-gun, anti-2A, and anti-business. Can you try again in English, please? Preferably Western English. Please and Thank You...
He's just anti!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 15:31   #214
number1gun

Well you must be one of those fringe gunshow people without an FFL and a real store. You are the problem. I have no interest in supporting back door dealers. You do not have a god given right to do whatever you want. I have never bought a firearm from a table of yahoos.
Matter of fact could care less if there is ever another gun show. I will fight for licensed dealers to have the right but the rest of you that circumvent (skirt) the law. No way. If you have a collection you want to unload. I say ok. When you show up show after show with new stock...you should get busted for firearms dealing without a license.
Old 12-20-2012, 15:50   #215
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
Well you must be one of those fringe gunshow people without an FFL and a real store. You are the problem. I have no interest in supporting back door dealers. You do not have a god given right to do whatever you want. I have never bought a firearm from a table of yahoos.
Matter of fact could care less if there is ever another gun show. I will fight for licensed dealers to have the right but the rest of you that circumvent (skirt) the law. No way. If you have a collection you want to unload. I say ok. When you show up show after show with new stock...you should get busted for firearms dealing without a license.
Some of you leftist newbs are incredible.
gwalchmai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 15:55   #216
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
What's wrong with you people?
Old 12-20-2012, 15:57   #217
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
I have a God given right to buy a gun from whomever I damn well please and to sell a gun to whomever I please without the government getting involved. You gun grabbing BATFE lovin folks are too much b
Old 12-20-2012, 15:59   #218

Quote:

And..I think you can count on the BATF showing up at shows from now on. Making note of those tables and persons on the fringe of ...dealer or individual.
I'm a private seller. My table was set up right across from the ATF booth earlier this year. In fact, I sold them a few things and chatted between customers. They saw me buy and sell, and guess what? Nothing happened. And I live in a border state.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Last edited by 427; 12-20-2012 at 16:01..
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 16:26   #219
.45Super-Man

"Gunshow loophole" is another catch phrase, brought to the masses by the same ones responsible for "cop killer bullets", "assault weapons", "WMD's", etc. The saddest part is that by even acknowledging these invented terms, we inadvertantly perpetuate them. If the pro gun movement's going in a million directions, don't plan on it being effective.

Last edited by .45Super-Man; 12-20-2012 at 16:33..
.45Super-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 16:54   #220
tehan2
NRA & GOAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
And views like yours are the reasons we have a defacto gun registry via the 4473 and an unconstitutional bureau enforcing laws that shouldn't exist. Sarah Brady sends her love.

On the other hand Thomas Jefferson agrees with Bren and myself.
and me!
tehan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 17:00   #221
number1gun

Apparently many of can not read.
Old 12-20-2012, 17:05   #222
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
No. Read every word of that garbage you strung together in one big paragraph
Old 12-20-2012, 17:06   #223
whoflungdo

Quote:
And apparently you cannot type. Our reading capability is top notch. Don't blame others when you are unable to be coherent..

GTDS Certified Member #9
Old 12-20-2012, 17:09   #224
tehan2
NRA & GOAL

Quote:
in your "all knowing what is right" mind, how many guns should I be able to sell in a year?

I'll follow that with I've sold 2 motorcycles and 2 cars this year....does that make me a car/bike dealer
tehan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 17:14   #225
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehan2 View Post
in your "all knowing what is right" mind, how many guns should I be able to sell in a year?

I'll follow that with I've sold 2 motorcycles and 2 cars this year....does that make me a car/bike dealer
How ever the BATF say you are able to..Duh!

GTDS Certified Member #9