Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:16   #126
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreRider View Post
Ask and answer ONE simple question about the liberal desire for "gun control".

AT WHAT POINT WILL THEY BE SATISFIED?

You all know good and d*mned well that that point is when they have seen every gun they can lay hands on crushed or melted.

And I for one do not believe that even THAT is the end game.

Total control is the end game. Those standing in the way, ignored if harmless, destroyed if dangerous to them.

History is filled with examples of governments amassing total control then killing thousands or millions of their own citizens. From the "disappeared" of Argentina at the small end to the millions purposely starved, gassed, shot, enslaved and worked to death.

Notice the Fudds that think they don't have a dog in the fight and support "reasonable restrictions". They will be next. Or maybe the handgunners are next up, who knows?

What I do know is that it will not stop with the next restriction or the one after that. It will go on and on, spurred on by the fact that law after law will fail to hold in check the horrendous acts of those who act on evil or insanity. With each atrocity so sickening that it elicits an unreasoned emotional response to do something to try to make those feeling helpless feel safe.

Almost all of the people who read this are going to give up with nothing more than some righteous anger at losing their guns and maybe an email to their elected representative. And because they will not cross the line and go to an actual war to keep the means to keep their freedom, they will not keep their freedom.

Greetings, Government Slaves.
Yuuuup...another that doesn't "get it". You're worrying aout the wrong people.

Read here:http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1458663
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:19   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
Again, ya'll aren't getting the point, the issue at hand.

Read here:
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1458663
I get the point. I just don't agree with yours.

You don't seem to understand that compromise will not work with these people. They want it all.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28   #128
Chonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
What the hell is wrong with you?

I am a law abiding gun owner who prefers to buy his guns without the government's blessing or knowledge. 4473 is a defacto gun registry.

If you think that will somehow stop the trafficking of guns to felons intent on using them to commit crimes, you haven't studied black markets well enough.

Good God. With friends like you we certainly don't need enemies like the Brady Bunch.
The 2nd amendment right doesn't include the gun show loop hole.

Regardless of my views, thats a fact.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:28   #129
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
I get the point. I just don't agree with yours.

You don't seem to understand that compromise will not work with these people. They want it all.
Did you read what I linked to?

Never mind, you either didn't read it, or couldn't understand it.

You are worried about the wrong people. Which is obvious when you write "these people".

Last edited by M&P15T; 12-19-2012 at 11:29..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31   #130
smokin762

Don’t worry, an Assault Weapon Ban bill will probably be attached to the economic bill Obama wants to get passed. Nobody will read it like always and you will wake up the next morning to find out what gun laws were passed in the middle of the night.

Did anybody consider this one?
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32   #131

Quote:
Did you read what I linked to?

Never mind, you either didn't read it, or couldn't understand it.

You are worried about the wrong people. Which is obvious when you write "these people".
Yeah, I don't agree with you. Period.

What else?

Old 12-19-2012, 11:35   #132
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Yeah, I don't agree with you. Period.

What else?
Oh...nothing.

At this point we're just sorting the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. Looking to see who "gets it", and who doesn't.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:38   #133

Quote:
Oh...nothing.

At this point we're just sorting the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. Looking to see who "gets it", and who doesn't.
Explain what compromise/appeasement will get us. Be brief, please.

I'll be back to respond. I have to ship out an EBR and magazines.

Last edited by 427; 12-19-2012 at 11:40..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:41   #134
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

Quote:
Yuuuup...another that doesn't "get it". You're worrying aout the wrong people.

Read here:http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1458663
M&P15T,

I read every word in your linked post. AND I AGREE WITH EVERY WORD OF IT. (Shocked me, I can tell you.)

I disagree with the conclusion that it is better to give a little to appease what you yourself term "an innate, normal, natural and massive emotional over-reaction in basically everyone".

Not an inch can we back off. This is ultimately a fight over whether you keep your freedom and possibly your life. It is not a fight over magazine capacity or semi-auto centerfire.

I have not heard one liberal propose a requirement that gun owners be mandated to have a secure place to lock up their guns. Not one. And yet that could have been the roadblock stopping this latest tragedy.

I ocassionaly see a safe for sale labled as compliant with California state requirements, so the concept is already in use. I even kind of like the idea as it would help to stem the stream of legally owned and used guns flowing into the shadow world through burglary and other criminal means.

But no. The goal is taking the guns not curbing the tragic acts of evil.

Last edited by SpectreRider; 12-19-2012 at 11:43..
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:46   #135
Chonny

Guns need evil and evil need guns. Its a yin and yang type thing.

Also. Closing the loop hole for the sake of taking it off antis menu is the best idea Ive read on this forum since Friday.

I thought everyone had a gun safe? Do you guys leave your **** lying out?

Its so white trash to mount a gun on a wall unless that gun has a lot of walnut on it.

Love you.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50   #136
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Explain what compromise/appeasement will get us. Be brief, please.

I'll be back to respond. I have to ship out an EBR and magazines.
Space and time.

Space and time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreRider View Post
M&P15T,

I read every word in your linked post. AND I AGREE WITH EVERY WORD OF IT. (Shocked me, I can tell you.)

I disagree with the conclusion that it is better to give a little to appease what you yourself term "an innate, normal, natural and massive emotional over-reaction in basically everyone".

Not an inch can we back off. This is ultimately a fight over whether you keep your freedom and possibly your life. It is not a fight over magazine capacity or semi-auto centerfire.

I have not heard one liberal propose a requirement that gun owners be mandated to have a secure place to lock up their guns. Not one. And yet that could have been the roadblock stopping this latest tragedy.

I ocassionaly see a safe for sale labled as compliant with California state requirements, so the concept is already in use. I even kind of like the idea as it would help to stem the stream of legally owned and used guns flowing into the shadow world through burglary and other criminal means.

But no. The goal is taking the guns not curbing the tragic acts of evil.
It is not the rabid anti-gunners like Feinstein and her ilk that we need to be concerned about. They represent a tiny, but very loud minority. They are also not the folks worth trying to reach a "compromise" with, because there is no compromise to be had with them.

Once again, it is the millions of normal, everyday, "couldn't care less about guns one way or another" people that we need to pacify with some sort of meaningless compromise. Once they calm down, things will settle, and Finestein will go back to being a raving lunatic, instead of someone that speaks for a great portion of the country.

If we offer some little olive branch to pacify the millions and millions of people that are spasing out over the Newton CT shootings, they will calm down and go back to not caring about guns.

I'm guessing 2-3 months, and people will stop being so freaked out about the Newton shootings, and Feinsten and Obummer will have lost their political momentum on passing more gun legislation. Stuff like this has a political "shelf-life", and it's best to try and pass something on gun control right after something like the Newton shootings has occured.

We need to appease the large group of every day folks that are screaming about this, for it to quietly go away and be forgotten.

The 2nd possible positive outcome is that debate and concerns of the "Fiscal Cliff" will kill any opportunity for gun control legislation to be brought to the floor.

Or, like another poster already mentioned, new gun control legislation could be part of the compromise "fiscal cliff" legislation, and snuck in without many people taking notice.

Last edited by M&P15T; 12-19-2012 at 12:00..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53   #137
1-2man
Part Time

Gun shows are great for paying full MSRP + for guns (at least the three that I've ever been to.)
1-2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07   #138
RussP

Quote:
You're completely wrong, and you can't see the forrest for the trees.

Hell, if we as firearms owners, working through the NRA, were REALLY SMART, would could even come out ahead in this game. We could close the "gun-show loop-hole" as I have suggested, but in return for our "compromise", the legislative folks need to get to crackin' on Nation-wide CCW, helping our brother and sisters in anti-gun states get their rights back.

Of course, you and others REFUSE to see this as a political game that must be played, so you want to stay off the field pouting and throwing tantrums, instead of getting on the field with a sound strategy and WINNING.

****, I sound like Charlie Sheen.
Compromise to this administration is defined as getting everything they want and giving nothing in return.

Are you really that naive?

And you want to play a game? This isn't a frigging game.

Do you carry for self defense?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12   #139
Psychman
NRA Life Member

The NRA is suppose to have a press conference on Friday. I anxiously await what they have to say.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12   #140
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Compromise to this administration is defined as getting everything they want and giving nothing in return.

Are you really that naive?

And you want to play a game? This isn't a frigging game.

Do you carry for self defense?
Oh Good Christ....

Another one that doesn't "get it".

Sorry son, but read ALL of the posts, and the link to another thread I posted. THEN you can comment with something knowledgable to say.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:13   #141
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
The NRA is suppose to have a press conference on Friday. I anxiously await what they have to say.
Me too.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16   #142
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Oh Good Christ....

Sorry son, but read ALL of the posts, and the link to another thread I posted. THEN you can comment with something knowledgable to say.
After reading the thread, I think you struggle with not coping with someone who doesn't agree with you.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:18   #143
G36's Rule

Quote:
Oh Good Christ....

You are the one that doesn't get it. That is the only thing this thread has proven.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:21   #144
Chonny

The best news Ive gotten out of this is that the NRA will be holding a press conference on Friday.

I bet Fox news is the only channel that broadcasts that presser.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22   #145
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonny View Post
A seller can setup a table of used Glocks or whatever and sell them to anyone without a background check.

This loophole should be closed and no law abiding gun owner should think otherwise. People that attain guns via this loophole and use them to commit crimes are endangering all our gun rights. Because apparently the right to bear arms is selective.

You should have data to back this up then...

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:23   #146
whoflungdo

Quote:
Let me ask another way.

Has anyone every seen a private seller, with a table set-up inside a gunshow, selling firearms without NICS checks?

Yes. I have. The loophole also references the deals between patrons of the gun shows that happen inside the gun show or in the parking lot. It does happen, but it's a private transaction between private individuals. Some states require all transfers to involve an FFL holder and a back ground check. Most do not.

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:35   #147
RussP

Quote:
It is not the rabid anti-gunners like Feinstein and her ilk that we need to be concerned about. They represent a tiny, but very loud minority. They are also not the folks worth trying to reach a "compromise" with, because there is no compromise to be had with them.
You are naive.

Feinstein, Bloomberg, Brady, they are male lions who wait in the grass for their pride to go out and kill the prey. They roar the loudest. They dominate. The people bring them their food.

Like lions, the need to feed returns. So their minions go out and get more, and more, and more...
Quote:
Once again, it is the millions of normal, everyday, "couldn't care less about guns one way or another" people that we need to pacify with some sort of meaningless compromise.
what are you willing to compromise on next time? Seriously, when they have NICS checks on all gunshow transactions, mag restrictions, semi-auto firearms restricted, what are you willing to compromise on next?
Quote:
Once they calm down, things will settle, and Finestein will go back to being a raving lunatic, instead of someone that speaks for a great portion of the country.
You underestimate the impact of what happened and is going to happen.

Any achievement on restricting firearms will be touted as responding to the people's mandate. You have four more years of him fulfilling his original promise of hope and change. "Hope something happens, hope something happens, hope something happens..." Rahm Emmauel said don't waste a good crisis... Now comes the change on the back of a horrendous, tragic event.
Quote:
If we offer some little olive branch to pacify the millions and millions of people that are spasing out over the Newton CT shootings, they will calm down and go back to not caring about guns.
The alpha lions will not let them not care about guns.
Quote:
I'm guessing 2-3 months, and people will stop being so freaked out about the Newton shootings, and Feinsten and Obummer will have lost their political momentum on passing more gun legislation. Stuff like this has a political "shelf-life", and it's best to try and pass something on gun control right after something like the Newton shootings has occured.
Give us some history to back up your belief.

We need to appease the large group of every day folks that are screaming about this, for it to quietly go away and be forgotten.

The 2nd possible positive outcome is that debate and concerns of the "Fiscal Cliff" will kill any opportunity for gun control legislation to be brought to the floor.

Or, like another poster already mentioned, new gun control legislation could be part of the compromise "fiscal cliff" legislation, and snuck in without many people taking notice.[/QUOTE]

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:44   #148
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You are naive.

Feinstein, Bloomberg, Brady, they are male lions who wait in the grass for their pride to go out and kill the prey. They roar the loudest. They dominate. The people bring them their food.

Like lions, the need to feed returns. So their minions go out and get more, and more, and more...what are you willing to compromise on next time? Seriously, when they have NICS checks on all gunshow transactions, mag restrictions, semi-auto firearms restricted, what are you willing to compromise on next?You underestimate the impact of what happened and is going to happen.

Any achievement on restricting firearms will be touted as responding to the people's mandate. You have four more years of him fulfilling his original promise of hope and change. "Hope something happens, hope something happens, hope something happens..." Rahm Emmauel said don't waste a good crisis... Now comes the change on the back of a horrendous, tragic event.The alpha lions will not let them not care about guns.Give us some history to back up your belief.

Or, like another poster already mentioned, new gun control legislation could be part of the compromise "fiscal cliff" legislation, and snuck in without many people taking notice.
[/QUOTE]

Russ, your trying to equate Finestein, Bloomburg et al with "lions" clearly show you do not grasp the basic principals of how politics work in this country.

Please read this thread. And reply there, since the topic has certainly changed here.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49   #149
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Russ, your trying to equate Finestein, Bloomburg et al with "lions" clearly show you do not grasp the basic principals of how politics work in this country.

Please read this thread. And reply there, since the topic has certainly changed here.[/QUOTE]

certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 13:12   #150
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

Please read this thread. And reply there, since the topic has certainly changed here.[/QUOTE]

Russ, I had not noticed your feeble-mindedness before.
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote