Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:35   #76
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Seems like a legitimate question.

At the risk of siding with someone I really dislike, IndianaMatt's question is basically a classic - "if god is perfectly good and all powerful, why does he let bad things happen?"

This school shooting seem like a news topic for discussion, like any other, to me. I have to wonder if the people who keep saying it can't be discussed just lack a good answer. I read on the internet that people with no connection at all to this school are sitting home crying and traumatized about the shooting, but I don't know any people like that in the real world, so I have my doubts.
I agree with you. However asking it when he did shows almost a sociopathic lack of basic human decency and empathy.

You may also be partly right about the lack of a good answer on the part of the religious. I'm more of an atheist/agnostic, so I'm aware of the uncomfortable answer they want to avoid, however I'm just as thoroughly disgusted at the insensitivity of the OP. It's an exceedingly poor time to attempt to spike a football to win debating points.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:59   #77
jakebrake
cracker

well, so far in this thread, 2 users have announced that they are scumbags.

and , looking at who they are, who's really surprised?
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:14   #78
ticktwrter

I don't know what Indiana Matt's issues are. I KNOW God was in the school Friday. He was there when Victoria Soto, a 27 year old new teacher hid her kids and faced the gunman alone and thereby saved their lives. If this is not a true example of God's presence, I don't know what is.
ticktwrter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:20   #79
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
I hope you get ass cancer you insensitive prick
member of the religion of peace i see.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:34   #80
packsaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
Why aren't the religious folks happy that the little ones got a head start on Heaven?
i posted something on my facebook page a few hours after the incident alluding to just that.

i wrote that while the nation was weeping for 20 beautiful, innocent children, those same 20 beautiful, innocent children were weeping for us because WE are the ones still stuck on this sick, depraved planet while they are soaring with angels.

even my atheist friends on facebook were polite enough to "like" my wall post, which showed they have a little class, unlike the POS that started this thread.
packsaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:42   #81
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
member of the religion of peace i see.
I think it's more accurate to say this outraged person is a member of a society that believes poking fun at the religious beliefs of others by referencing a tragedy WHILE the dead children are still lying on the floor of the school is disgusting. Most people of any belief (including those that do not believe in a God) find that behavior disgusting. Perhaps you should read the details of what Matt posted and when he posted it before aligning yourself with such an individual.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:47   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
Lol! How very Christian of you.

This is the great joke of religious "tolerance" in this country.

You can have any view, so long as its white and Christian.

Maybe as an agnostic, I also have a right to say that god was nowhere to be seen today.

Respect it or leave my country.
It would appear your an "atheist"... So my question would be "why do you care" about something you don't even believe in?

Why does God always have to intervene in the bad things that happen in life; but gets no credit for any of the good things that happen with you people? Yes it's a question too you.
I know you have a confrontational mind set do to your lack of belief in a higher power... I'd bet as a child you had the same problem believing in your parents.... Sorry.

Your comments and demeanor here might make you feel good now, but later in life you'll find they'll haunt you as you grow closer to the death we all face in this life. There will be no comfort for you, for that I am truly sorry.

In parting there are two things I'd like to add; One: there's always an open door to salvation and hope; Two: God is spelled with a capital "G"
I hope you work it out... Merry Christmas

Last edited by 436; 12-17-2012 at 10:46..
436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45   #83
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgutie35 View Post
I don't think the post of a senseless atheist prick (OP) can be cancelled out with the post of a Holier than thou prick!

Don't you think?
Rather than directly answer your question I'm simply going to defer to those board members who, obviously, know a lot more about pricks and how to be one than I do.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 12-17-2012 at 07:48..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 14:22   #84
FCoulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by packsaddle View Post
i posted something on my facebook page a few hours after the incident alluding to just that.

i wrote that while the nation was weeping for 20 beautiful, innocent children, those same 20 beautiful, innocent children were weeping for us because WE are the ones still stuck on this sick, depraved planet while they are soaring with angels.

even my atheist friends on facebook were polite enough to "like" my wall post, which showed they have a little class, unlike the POS that started this thread.
I understand what you are trying to say, We must remember however, the Bible does not teach that anyone is getting wings and soaring with angels, nor does it teach anyone at death is anywhere other than the grave. We need to teach what the Bible actually teaches us. We must look at it this way, those that died there are merely asleep right now, they know nothing, they are awaiting their Savior to wake them up and teach them His ways. This is the true teachings of God and not fairy tales of men.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 14:23   #85
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 436 View Post
It would appear your an "atheist"... So my question would be "why do you care" about something you don't even believe in?

Why does God always have to intervene in the bad things that happen in life; but gets no credit for any of the good things that happen with you people? Yes it's a question too you.
I know you have a confrontational mind set do to your lack of belief in a higher power... I'd bet as a child you had the same problem believing in your parents.... Sorry.

Your comments and demeanor here might make you feel good now, but later in life you'll find they'll haunt you as you grow closer to the death we all face in this life. There will be no comfort for you, for that I am truly sorry.

In parting there are two things I'd like to add; One: there's always an open door to salvation and hope; Two: God is spelled with a capital "G"
I hope you work it out... Merry Christmas
this post is actually the best reaction to this thread i have seen.

credit to 436 for this...and, Merry Christmas, my friend!
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 16:33   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
this post is actually the best reaction to this thread i have seen.

credit to 436 for this...and, Merry Christmas, my friend!
Thank you.. and a very Merry Christmas to you as well... I hope the New Year brings you happiness.
436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05   #87
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Seems like a legitimate question.

At the risk of siding with someone I really dislike, IndianaMatt's question is basically a classic - "if god is perfectly good and all powerful, why does he let bad things happen?"

This school shooting seem like a news topic for discussion, like any other, to me. I have to wonder if the people who keep saying it can't be discussed just lack a good answer. I read on the internet that people with no connection at all to this school are sitting home crying and traumatized about the shooting, but I don't know any people like that in the real world, so I have my doubts.
It did hit the Mrs. hard, especially when she heard about the twins. We have twins in first grade and can't imagine the grief that one would feel if the other had been killed. Her empathy level is normally higher than most, you add some weepy pms and xmas stress on top of the idea of kids slaughtered and you get sobbing