Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-14-2012, 20:14   #41
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
Lol! How very Christian of you.

This is the great joke of religious "tolerance" in this country.

You can have any view, so long as its white and Christian.

Maybe as an agnostic, I also have a right to say that god was nowhere to be seen today.

Respect it or leave my country.
Are you seriously going to play your little "cool and edgy internet athiest" game the DAY this happens? I'm not that religious and could care less about the topic on any other day. Today though, you're acting like a pretty decent sized prick.

Sent from the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 12-14-2012 at 20:32..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 20:22   #42
packsaddle

Hey OP, the real question is "why do you care?".

evolution is what evolution does.

we're just the lucky products of chance and happenstance anyway.

everything that happens is just the product of a bunch of atoms bouncing off of each other.

if you're an atheist/evolutionist/materialist and you feel even the smallest hint of sadness, grief, or sympathy for the children killed, you're borrowing from the Christian worldview and are not a true atheist/evolutionist/materialist.

if you do not feel even the smallest hint of sadness, grief, or sympathy for the children killed, then you are not only a true atheist/evolutionist/materialist, you are just as big a POS as the shooter.
packsaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 20:31   #43
engineer151515

Good and evil. You can't have one without the other.

Perhaps the dear Lord intended for us to recognize the difference.

Perhaps the Lord wanted to shield us from this knowledge, but mankind's free will insisted on knowing, in the attempt to be God-like.

Either way, on occasions like these I fall back to the words of Abraham Lincoln.

"... I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost ...."

We parents are the keepers of our children's trust for such a short time in life as it is.

Last edited by engineer151515; 12-14-2012 at 20:38..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 20:45   #44
Sarge1400

Quote:
Originally Posted by packsaddle View Post
if you're an atheist/evolutionist/materialist and you feel even the smallest hint of sadness, grief, or sympathy for the children killed, you're borrowing from the Christian worldview and are not a true atheist/evolutionist/materialist.
Really?? I didn't know Christians had a monopoly on empathy.

Quote:
if you do not feel even the smallest hint of sadness, grief, or sympathy for the children killed, then you are not only a true atheist/evolutionist/materialist, you are just as big a POS as the shooter.
This is such a stupid statement, I don't even know where to start with it.
Sarge1400 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 21:44   #45
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Hey OP, the real question is "why do you care?".

evolution is what evolution does.

we're just the lucky products of chance and happenstance anyway.

everything that happens is just the product of a bunch of atoms bouncing off of each other.

Empathy is not unique to humans, and certainly not unique to Christians, so your post is, well, ridiculous.

Furthermore, Christians believe that these children (and adults) are now in a better place, and many will claim that this is all part of God's Plan. This minimizes how truly tragic this attack was. As an atheist I accept that these people are not in a better place, there will be no happy reunions. These people only live on in the memories of those that they touched, and in any legacy they may have left behind. This allows me to deeply relate to what a loss this really was.

It's time to grow up beyond ancient mythology and a Consoling Proposition and recognize how tragic today's events truly were.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 22:39   #46
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
Or 6.

Bad call, Matt
Make that 7. OP should refrain from posting while HUA.

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:01   #47
hogfish
Señor Member

There was a guy on FNC, just now, who tried to give an answer to the o.p.. He sounded pretty good. His name was Father John or Jonathan Morris or Morrison (IIRC). It was mentioned he wrote a book where he talks about this stuff (I think).

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538

Last edited by hogfish; 12-15-2012 at 06:02..
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:23   #48
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

What a laugh!

How dare you! First, you godless heathens: foster, aid, and abet an impossible-to-govern social situation; and, then, you dare to complain about the results.

With this sort of, 'higher reasoning' rampant among the general public, that crocodile I watched crying on TV, last night, is sure to end up effectively disarming 300 million people because of a few madmen's sins.

Look at it this way: Those of us who are left are going to have to deal with: Obamacare, continued congressional raids on Social Security assets, more and more godless atheists, and the very serious social problems these unbelieving heathens create. You shouldn't be complaining about a societal defect of which you are more a part of the problem than part of the solution.

I have to wonder: Who, the Hell, are you to criticize the Superior Being and Majesty of that, 'Creative and Creating Power' which you so very clearly fail to understand? Don't you know that, sooner or later, a man MUST stand-to-answer for his every single: word, thought, and deed!

(Adam Lanza is - according to the recorded teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ - finding this out, right now, as I type! Only a completely asinine and godless fool imagines that he can sin ever so despicably, shoot himself in the head, and escape all of the moral consequences. 5,000 years of recorded spiritual history state exactly the opposite result.)

You people shame yourselves with this sort of rhetoric; and, someday, you're going to have to answer to a Higher Power for this blasphemy, too. (Perhaps, even while you're still here!)

Smart men - even disbelieving smart men - would remain silent. So, how about doing those of us who are (and remain) Christian believers a favor and putting a lid on your smug self-righteous indignation. I'm sure you're, 'no particular prize' yourself; and, be patient: Undoubtedly God, in His infinite creative wisdom, will be getting around to you and your problems with divine comprehension sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 12-15-2012 at 08:28..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:33   #49
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
What a laugh!

How dare you! First, you godless heathens: foster, aid, and abet an impossible-to-govern social situation; and, then, you dare to complain about the results.

With this sort of, 'higher reasoning' rampant among the general public, that crocodile I watched crying on TV, last night, is sure to end up effectively disarming 300 million people because of a few madmen's sins.

Look at it this way: Those of us who are left are going to have to deal with: Obamacare, continued congressional raids on Social Security assets, more and more godless atheists, and the very serious social problems these unbelieving heathens create. You shouldn't be complaining about a societal defect of which you are more a part of the problem than part of the solution.

I have to wonder: Who, the Hell, are you to criticize the Superior Being and Majesty of that, 'Creative and Creating Power' which you so very clearly fail to understand? Don't you know that, sooner or later, a man MUST stand-to-answer for his every single: word, thought, and deed!

(Adam Lanza is - according to the recorded teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ - finding this out, right now, as I type! Only a completely asinine and godless fool imagines that he can sin ever so despicably, shoot himself in the head, and escape all of the moral consequences. 5,000 years of recorded spiritual history state exactly the opposite result.)

You people shame yourselves with this sort of rhetoric; and, someday, you're going to have to answer to a Higher Power for this blasphemy, too. (Perhaps, even while you're still here!)

Smart men - even disbelieving smart men - would remain silent. So, how about doing those of us who are (and remain) Christian believers a favor and putting a lid on your smug self-righteous indignation. I'm sure you're, 'no particular prize' yourself; and, be patient: Undoubtedly God, in His infinite creative wisdom, will be getting around to you and your problems with divine comprehension sooner rather than later.

Well Said!!!.....
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:36   #50
steveksux
Massive Member

You two are as bad as the OP.

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:56   #51
ArmoryDoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
What a laugh!

Spoken with great wisdom. Unfortunately for some, it'll have the same effect on them as a gold nose ring on a pig.

Last edited by ArmoryDoc; 12-15-2012 at 08:57..
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:32   #52
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Indiana Matt is a troll who revels in our disgust of his moronic comments. Better to just ignore him and deny him his sadistic pleasure.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 14:09   #53
IndianaMatt

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"

Applies to all the comments above.

Last edited by IndianaMatt; 12-15-2012 at 14:10..
IndianaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 14:28   #54
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

THERE IS ALWAYS EVIDENCE!

(You just have to be willing to consider it.)

'The first sign of intellectual tyranny, of dogma, is an unwillingness to stand still and listen.' - Hubert H. Humphrey
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 14:31   #55
IndianaMatt

Funny thing is, I didn't attack anyone personally in this thread, but all the christians came out with blistering personal attacks against me.

Its always a sign of victory when your opponent has nothing left to say but ad hominem.

Last edited by IndianaMatt; 12-15-2012 at 14:33..
Old 12-15-2012, 14:45   #56
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Quote:
Funny thing is, I didn't attack anyone personally in this thread, but all the christians came out with blistering personal attacks against me.

Its always a sign of victory when your opponent has nothing left to say but ad hominem.
There is no "Victory" here Matt for anyone.

Your thread stinks. You reap what you sow.
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 14:48   #57
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Lol! How very Christian of you.

This is the great joke of religious "tolerance" in this country.

You can have any view, so long as its white and Christian.

Maybe as an agnostic, I also have a right to say that god was nowhere to be seen today.

Respect it or leave my country.
you picked a great time to pull this one genius. wait 48 hours after a tragedy to show what a mistake your parents made next time.
Old 12-15-2012, 15:00   #58
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766

Religious Issues
Quote:
Oh brother. I'll delete this before someone has a baby about it.
Old 12-15-2012, 15:23   #59
IndianaMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpig View Post
Religious Issues
Yep, we need more prayer.

All these school massacres can be attributed to not enough prayer in schools.

So your god, when not honored with enough "prayer," sends a psychopath to mow down 20 kindergarteners with a gun?

Nice god you got there.

Keep him.

Last edited by IndianaMatt; 12-15-2012 at 15:23..
Old 12-15-2012, 15:28   #60
dbcooper

Well according to the good Reverend Pelps and his merry band of lunatics God was watching with glee because of the fags.

Here's hoping they one day decide to take the road traveled by Jim Jones his wackjobs.