Surprise, surprise...

Report here
http://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb...dex-Report.pdf

The Okie Corral
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:58   #2
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Well, now at least we know why progtards are always defending and apologizing for Islamists.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

That can't be. GOP President Bush had declared that Islam is a religion of peace.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28   #4
Random
AtticRat

Gotta love statistics.
Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 13:01   #5
nmk

I read their definition of terrorist attack and I still don't know exactly what they mean. Did anyone read the whole report to get a better idea?
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 13:06   #6
220-9er

How many wars or conflicts in the last 20 years have not had Muslims on one or both sides?
220-9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 13:13   #7
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
That can't be. GOP President Bush had declared that Islam is a religion of peace.
At least Dubya had the balls to fight the ROP-ers. Obama is apologizing to them.
Old 12-13-2012, 13:15   #8
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
At least Dubya had the balls to fight the ROP-ers. Obama is apologizing to them.
Didn't Obama kill Osama?
Old 12-13-2012, 13:27   #9
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:
Didn't Obama kill Osama?
Nope - SEALs
Old 12-13-2012, 13:29   #10
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEC-Memphis View Post
Nope - SEALs
Don't the kills always go to the guy that made the call? After all, didn't various people claim that Dubya killed Saddam Hussein?
Old 12-13-2012, 13:48   #11
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

According to a 2005 Pew Research Center report, suicide bombings and violence against civilian population was supported by the following percentages* in the following countries:
Jordan: 88%
Lebanon: 58%
Pakistan: 44%
Indonesia: 33%
Turkey: 20%
Morocco: 18%
*Based upon muslim respondents, except Morocco where religion was not referenced.

========================

A 2011 Pew Research Center report indicates 33% of muslims in the US support suicide bombing and al-qaeda.

=========================

Some religion of peace.
Old 12-13-2012, 13:58   #12
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:
Don't the kills always go to the guy that made the call? After all, didn't various people claim that Dubya killed Saddam Hussein?
Who says barry made the call, I mean other than barry and friends?

Here's excerpts from barry's (Bin Laden) speech:
Quote:
“Tonight, I can report . . . And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta . . . I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden . . . I met repeatedly with my national security team . . . I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action. . . . Today, at my direction . . . I’ve made clear . . . Over the years, I’ve repeatedly made clear . . . Tonight, I called President Zardari . . . and my team has also spoken. . .These efforts weigh on me every time I, as Commander-in-Chief . . . Finally, let me say to the families . . . I know that it has, at times, frayed. . . .”
Let's compare this to GW Bush's (Hussein) speech:
Quote:
Good afternoon. Yesterday, December the 13th, at around 8:30 p.m. Baghdad time, United States military forces captured Saddam Hussein alive. He was found near a farmhouse outside the city of Tikrit, in a swift raid conducted without casualties. And now the former dictator of Iraq will face the justice he denied to millions.

The capture of this man was crucial to the rise of a free Iraq. It marks the end of the road for him, and for all who bullied and killed in his name. For the Baathist holdouts largely responsible for the current violence, there will be no return to the corrupt power and privilege they once held. For the vast majority of Iraqi citizens who wish to live as free men and women, this event brings further assurance that the torture chambers and the secret police are gone forever.

And this afternoon, I have a message for the Iraqi people: You will not have to fear the rule of Saddam Hussein ever again. All Iraqis who take the side of freedom have taken the winning side. The goals of our coalition are the same as your goals -- sovereignty for your country, dignity for your great culture, and for every Iraqi citizen, the opportunity for a better life.

In the history of Iraq, a dark and painful era is over. A hopeful day has arrived. All Iraqis can now come together and reject violence and build a new Iraq.

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts who found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em.

I also have a message for all Americans: The capture of Saddam Hussein does not mean the end of violence in Iraq. We still face terrorists who would rather go on killing the innocent than accept the rise of liberty in the heart of the Middle East. Such men are a direct threat to the American people, and they will be defeated.

We've come to this moment through patience and resolve and focused action. And that is our strategy moving forward. The war on terror is a different kind of war, waged capture by capture, cell by cell, and victory by victory. Our security is assured by our perseverance and by our sure belief in the success of liberty. And the United States of America will not relent until this war is won.

May God bless the people of Iraq, and may God bless America.

Thank you.
Some people may have 'credited' GW Bush for capturing Hussien, but GW didn't - he credited the US Military Forces. No one remotely familiar with history credits GW Bush for killing Hussien, as the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal convicted Hussien for crimes against humanity and sentenced him to death.

Last edited by PEC-Memphis; 12-13-2012 at 14:29..
PEC-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 14:13   #13
Rustin

What about al-CIA-da?
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 15:25   #14
The Maggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEC-Memphis View Post
According to a 2005 Pew Research Center report, suicide bombings and violence against civilian population was supported by the following percentages* in the following countries:
Jordan: 88%
Lebanon: 58%
Pakistan: 44%
Indonesia: 33%
Turkey: 20%
Morocco: 18%
*Based upon muslim respondents, except Morocco where religion was not referenced.

========================

A 2011 Pew Research Center report indicates 33% of muslims in the US support suicide bombing and al-qaeda.

=========================

Some religion of peace.
Most of your post is genuinely dishonest; but you are quoting Debbie Shlussel so it's expected.

Your first numbers combine the "Often/Sometimes" numbers with the "Rarely" numbers.

The second claim is just overwhelmingly and absolutely false. At most, 5% of American Muslims said that Alquaeda was at least somewhat favorable. (Pulled from the same report that Schlussel twisted her info from.)

Quote:
Suicide bombing/other violence against civilians is
justified to defend Islam from its enemies…
Often Sometimes Rarely Never DK
U.S. Muslims % % % % %
2011 1 7 5 81 6=100
2007 1 7 5 78 9=100
Can you elaborate on this 33% claim?

The Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 15:28   #15
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Didn't Obama kill Osama?
After 6 consecutive delays and after Paneta told him he's going to kill Osama whether Obama approves or not?
Old 12-13-2012, 15:36   #16
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
Most of your post is genuinely dishonest; but you are quoting Debbie Shlussel so it's expected.

Your first numbers combine the "Often/Sometimes" numbers with the "Rarely" numbers.

The second claim is just overwhelmingly and absolutely false. At most, 5% of American Muslims said that Alquaeda was at least somewhat favorable. (Pulled from the same report that Schlussel twisted her info from.)

Even if I would believe you 5% is still a huge number.
In 2009 there were 2,595,000 muslims in the US.
5% of that number means 129,750.
129,750 moslems who live in the US and support Al-Quaeda. This is an astonishingly large number, don't you think?
OK, that was a rhetorical question. Of course you don't - you are a leftist and apologizing for Islamists is part of your daily routine. Anyway, thank you for making my point.

Last edited by Zombie Surgeon; 12-13-2012 at 15:38..
Old 12-13-2012, 16:11   #17
The Maggy

Quote:
Even if I would believe you 5% is still a huge number.
In 2009 there were 2,595,000 muslims in the US.
5% of that number means 129,750.
129,750 moslems who live in the US and support Al-Quaeda. This is an astonishingly large number, don't you think?
OK, that was a rhetorical question. Of course you don't - you are a leftist and apologizing for Islamists is part of your daily routine. Anyway, thank you for making my point.
If you wish to discuss the claims as an adult, I will. If you simply wish to hurl insults like a simple minded child, I'll understand.

The Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 16:35   #18
PEC-Memphis
Scottish Member

Quote:

Stating that the sum of the "often/sometimes" and "rarely" supports the killing of innocent civilians is not "genuinely dishonest" because this group does believe that the killing of innocent persons is acceptable, at least under certain circumstances.

Ok - does it sound better to say that that percentage of muslims that do not believe that terrorism against civilian populations is ever acceptable is:

(Directly from the Pew report)
Jordan: 12%
Lebanon: 42%
Pakistan: 56%
Indonesia: 67%
Turkey: 80%
Morocco: 82%
In all but one case (Indonesia) the percentage who responded that terrorism against civilians is "often/sometimes acceptable" is greater than "rarely acceptable".

The "often/sometimes' numbers are:
Jordan: 57%
Lebanon: 39%
Pakistan: 25%
Indonesia: 15%
Turkey: 14%
Morocco: 13%
The "rarely" numbers are:
Jordan: 31%
Lebanon: 19%
Pakistan: 19%
Indonesia: 18%
Turkey: 6%
Morocco: 5%
So you believe that someone who answers that killing a completely innocent person is "rarely" acceptable should be considered with the "never" group? under what circumstances is it acceptable to kill a completely innocent person?

If you asked a person how often would be Ok to kill a honest policeman having picnic with his family and they said "rarely" (which means, by definition, that it should happen "infrequently"); would you think "now there's a nice guy and pillar of the community, or would you think "hmm, something isn't quite right about this guy"?

==========

I'll admit that referred to Debbie Schlussel's report, and not the actual Pew report and accepted the information; but referring directly to the 2007 Pew report:
Quote:
In fact, about threequarters (76%) say they are very or somewhat concerned about the rise of Islamic extremism around the world, and 61% say they are concerned about the possible rise of Islamic extremism in the U.S. Similarly, more than three-in-four say that suicide bombing in defense of Islam is never justified,.....
Even muslims are concerned about the rise of extremism. While approximately 3 in 4 US muslims say that suicide bombing is never justified - that leaves ~25% that do believe that, at some level, it is justified. And that is just the percentage who admitted that it would be acceptable. It seems reasonable, although probably not provable, that some people filling out the questionnaire would be extremely hesitant to admit that terrorist activity is acceptable; and therefore the data is skewed toward terrorism not being justified.

The 33% may be suspect, but is not necessarily blatantly false, what is blatantly false is the 5% claim - at least according to the Pew report of 2007.

You can have a "grey" view about some things (is Subway better than Lenny's), but it is difficult to accept a "grey" area about killing groups of innocent people in public areas; but that's just me, apparently you are different.

Last edited by PEC-Memphis; 12-13-2012 at 19:52..
PEC-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 16:36   #19
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
I read their definition of terrorist attack and I still don't know exactly what they mean. Did anyone read the whole report to get a better idea?
I guess this doesn't matter. That's cool.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 16:38   #20
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
If you wish to discuss the claims as an adult, I will. If you simply wish to hurl insults like a simple minded child, I'll understand.
Best of luck.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 17:09   #21
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
In the future, the public will ask, "Why didn't we know this was happening?".

It takes those who know the media will burry these facts, to bring them into the light.

Thank you for keeping the light shinning on this.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 17:09   #22
RyanBDawg

Tell me something I didn't already know!

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 17:23   #23
hogfish
Señor Member

So, just to be clear: Nobody here is saying that Islamists are Leftists, correct? Because the way I see this, the right is way ahead, then the left, then maybe everyone else caught in the middle (honorary mention).

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 17:27   #24
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Is truth insulting for you? It certainly looks like.
Old 12-13-2012, 17:34   #25
dpadams6

But, obama Said islam Is A Peaceful Religion??????????
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote