Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 16:39   #141
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
First off bad training is just that. Bad training. Is Yeager your hero? Do you have a poster of him on the ceiling above your bed? And since I only speak English, please translate what "well renown proffesional" means in English. Thanks.

I wonder if he has that Yeager poster with him on a bear skin rug posing nude with nothing but a Glock 19 shielding his junk from view, or is it a Glock 26?
Old 12-09-2012, 17:40   #142
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post

I wonder if he has that Yeager poster with him on a bear skin rug posing nude with nothing but a Glock 19 shielding his junk from view, or is it a Glock 26?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-09-2012, 17:44   #143
LawScholar

Quote:

Please tell me that's not a real thing, so I don't have to do my best to destroy this planet.
Old 12-09-2012, 17:45   #144
RJ's Guns

[quote=glock2740;19717351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
RJ, another great post, which I've noticed, has been the norm for you. Why don't you check out 1911 Addicts some time? I think you'd feel right at home there.

Thank you, I appreciate the complement.
RJ
Old 12-09-2012, 17:48   #145
Deaf Smith

I've owned dozens of 1911s made by Colt, Kimber, Dan Wesson, and other lesser known manufactures. Mostly I've owned Colts. Overall they have not been as reliable as my Glocks (owned maybe 10 of them.)

Back when IPSC was a 'walk-n-draw' organization I say many a 1911 jam. So I went to P-35 High Powers and virtually never and jam in the matches. Many of my trophies were not so much my shooting prowess than the fact my gun worked.

That led me to Glocks and IDPA. Been in mucho number of local and state matches. Unless you pay $$ for a high end 1911 you do see many of them fail. Glocks? Well unless you tinker with them adding non-Glock parts and sub-power loads then you virtually never see them jam!

The problem is so many no-standard 1911 parts, mags, and many gun manufactures that make clones. That leads to problems with out-of-spec parts. Glock for the most part does not have that problem.

Does that mean 1911s are jam-a-matics? No. I've seen some very good ones but overall they don't do as well as Glocks.

Hence I pack Glocks for social purposes.

Deaf
Old 12-09-2012, 17:51   #146
RJ's Guns

[quote=bac1023;19717358]
Quote:

Thank you. Someone with your frame of reference, knowledge and experience is a valuable asset to this forum. A reasonable person would heed your advice and give serious consideration to what you have to say.

RJ
Old 12-09-2012, 18:19   #147
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermzzzzzzz View Post
Honestly as a new Glock owner I am surprised by the attitudes here in GT, I thought it'd be full of Gkocktards with the "if it ain't Glock it aint shiet" mentality. Y'all proved me wrong. Glock Talk rocks.

Sent from my DROIDX
Any educated gun owner from Glock to HK knows that their pistol wouldn't be here if not for John Browning and his tilting barrel design.

The M1911 was a revolutionary gun for the time.
Glock on the other hand incorporated ideas from other makers and marketed it well.

The tilting barrel has been around for 100 years.
The polymer frame from HK.
The striker fired system is about 100 years old too.

We may never see another revolutionary design our lifetimes, unless someone comes out with a phaser or plasma rifle.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Old 12-09-2012, 18:43   #148
glock2740
Gun lover.

I will say this. The 1911 and the Glock are my two favorite pistol platforms. I've got one or the other, in a wide variety of makes, models and calibers, on my hip every single day.
Old 12-09-2012, 19:27   #149
jeremy1

I don't hate Yeager even though he spews opinion more than fact. The reality is that we are here talking about him or reading about him and he is getting free advertising so long as he creates a stir on youtube GT and other sights.

A real fighter would say something like a gun is a tool and as long as it works, is tough, effective, I dont care which one I have.

1911's are good and I think that the majority of issues are user related in one way or another. I have owned a few low-mid range 1911's, and did have problems with the first one I bought. I am certain that the problems were the user. I don't have one now because I just wouldn't use it.

To the OP, if you are serious about a 1911 watch this video.

Old 12-09-2012, 19:37   #150
SigFTW

Quote:

Thanks for the mental image and scarring!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 19:43   #151
joecoastie

Quote:
I will say this. The 1911 and the Glock are my two favorite pistol platforms. I've got one or the other, in a wide variety of makes, models and calibers, on my hip every single day.

I don't understand why so many people on both sides act like the two platforms are mutually exclusive. I have a couple of 1911s and also have a S&W Shield and yet a black hole has not formed in my apartment. I'm sure that the CZ P-07 that I am hopefully picking up tomorrow will also peacefully exist with my 1911s.
Old 12-09-2012, 19:47   #152
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoastie View Post

I don't understand why so many people on both sides act like the two platforms are mutually exclusive. I have a couple of 1911s and also have a S&W Shield and yet a black hole has not formed in my apartment. I'm sure that the CZ P-07 that I am hopefully picking up tomorrow will also peacefully exist with my 1911s.
Congrats on the CZ. You'll love it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-09-2012, 20:23   #153
Magus
Deo Vindice

To the OP....who I'm sure is probably long gone and having a good laugh....

The moment you mentioned Yeager your post lost any and all credibility among 1911 fans and honestly anyone who knows anything about firearms in general.

Yeager has no ability to be objective and is a flat out 1911 hater no matter what he want's to say. His "credentials" are sketchy at best. I'd put more stock in Nutnfancy than I would Yeager and that's saying quite a lot.

Yeager is a bomb thrower. He likes attention for the sake of attention.

He reminds me of Dean Speir...much like Yeager....Speir talked out of both sides of his mouth. Dean hated Glocks and pretty much said they might explode. He spun and spun and spun and on one hand tried to pretend he was okay with them(because he owned a few) while on the other trashing them. You can't have it both ways. Google that name and see if it doesn't get your blood boiling about Glocks. Dean and I both got banned from a high profile forum nearly 10 years ago when I called him out on his BS. I'm not proud of that...but it happened.

It's ignorant comments made by someone truly ignorant to the platform..Dean is and was ignorant about Glocks...same as Yeager is about 1911's. Neither have any ability to be objective. That's what any gun forum is supposed to be about.....objectivity. Everyone has an opinion...God knows I do and my opinion is just that...opinion....NOT FACT.

I've been guilty of being biased. But as time has gone on and as I've gotten older and had the opportunity to shoot/own many of the major brand handguns on the market....I've become more objective. Pick your poison in terms of a handgun. No matter what you pick will be a trade off one way or another. The important part is that you choose something that you're comfortable with and shoot well and not concern yourself with all the nitpicking.

At one time I owned both Glocks and 1911's....oh my God!! How's that possible?! Maybe because they're both a viable option? What works for you is what matters.

Last edited by Magus; 12-09-2012 at 20:26..
Old 12-09-2012, 20:55   #154
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
To the OP....who I'm sure is probably long gone and having a good laugh....

The moment you mentioned Yeager your post lost any and all credibility among 1911 fans and honestly anyone who knows anything about firearms in general.

Yeager has no ability to be objective and is a flat out 1911 hater no matter what he want's to say. His "credentials" are sketchy at best. I'd put more stock in Nutnfancy than I would Yeager and that's saying quite a lot.

Yeager is a bomb thrower. He likes attention for the sake of attention.

He reminds me of Dean Speir...much like Yeager....Speir talked out of both sides of his mouth. Dean hated Glocks and pretty much said they might explode. He spun and spun and spun and on one hand tried to pretend he was okay with them(because he owned a few) while on the other trashing them. You can't have it both ways. Google that name and see if it doesn't get your blood boiling about Glocks. Dean and I both got banned from a high profile forum nearly 10 years ago when I called him out on his BS. I'm not proud of that...but it happened.

It's ignorant comments made by someone truly ignorant to the platform..Dean is and was ignorant about Glocks...same as Yeager is about 1911's. Neither have any ability to be objective. That's what any gun forum is supposed to be about.....objectivity. Everyone has an opinion...God knows I do and my opinion is just that...opinion....NOT FACT.

I've been guilty of being biased. But as time has gone on and as I've gotten older and had the opportunity to shoot/own many of the major brand handguns on the market....I've become more objective. Pick your poison in terms of a handgun. No matter what you pick will be a trade off one way or another. The important part is that you choose something that you're comfortable with and shoot well and not concern yourself with all the nitpicking.

At one time I owned both Glocks and 1911's....oh my God!! How's that possible?! Maybe because they're both a viable option? What works for you is what matters.
Good post.
Old 12-09-2012, 22:48   #155
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1 View Post
I don't hate Yeager even though he spews opinion more than fact. The reality is that we are here talking about him or reading about him and he is getting free advertising so long as he creates a stir on youtube GT and other sights.

A real fighter would say something like a gun is a tool and as long as it works, is tough, effective, I dont care which one I have.

1911's are good and I think that the majority of issues are user related in one way or another. I have owned a few low-mid range 1911's, and did have problems with the first one I bought. I am certain that the problems were the user. I don't have one now because I just wouldn't use it.

To the OP, if you are serious about a 1911 watch this video.

ParaOrdnance 1000 rounds test - YouTube
The funny thing about that test is that Paras are supposed to be crap.

That's why I take everything with a grain of salt.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 12-09-2012, 22:51   #156
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post

They are. That's why no top shelf 'smith will touch one.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46   #157
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post

I woudn't say they're crap, but I certainly put them below average.

The Taurus is crap.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:14   #158
byf43
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Hell, I've never even heard of Recoil magazine. Maybe there's a reason for that.

Hell, I've never heard of this "Yeager" that everyone is alluding to!!!!!

The ONLY "Yeager" that I have ever heard of, is CHUCK!!!!!

"Live Free. Practice democracy. Make a difference. Love your family and your country." H.N.K. (My Dad) 09/02/1924 - 05/11/2012
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53   #159
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
Hell, I've never heard of this "Yeager" that everyone is alluding to!!!!!

The ONLY "Yeager" that I have ever heard of, is CHUCK!!!!!
What about that stuff in the green bottle?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-10-2012, 10:26   #160
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
What about that stuff in the green bottle?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
That's "jaeger".

Closed Thread