GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 21:26   #201
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
I don't know about that. I think ole' coleslaw makes a good point. Maybe I got it all wrong about this high priced, fancy pants 1911 thing. Besides, I'm Glock2740! What am I doing throwing all this money away on these unproven 1911's, when I've got all these Glocks?!?
Yeah, Joe.

Do you know how many Glocks you could have bought with all the 1911 money you've spent this year?
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 21:27   #202
gjk5
Pinche Gringo
 
gjk5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grand Junction Colorado
Posts: 9,612
I just watched the "1911's suck" video (well, part of it), I had never heard of this guy before.

What a doosh. He needs a flat brimmed ballcap and white sunglasses to go with that gay ass shirt......maybe a "Tapout" sticker on his truck?
gjk5 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 21:30   #203
gjk5
Pinche Gringo
 
gjk5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grand Junction Colorado
Posts: 9,612




wait, he's a 14 year old with a beard!!!
gjk5 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 21:32   #204
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Yeah, Joe.

Do you know how many Glocks you could have bought with all the 1911 money you've spent this year?
Oh I know! It makes me soooo mad! I could have every model that Glock's ever made! Even the 45GAP models! That does it! I'm ditching these pretty paper weights!

glock2740 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 21:36   #205
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,468
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 21:52   #206
gjk5
Pinche Gringo
 
gjk5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grand Junction Colorado
Posts: 9,612
I officially hate you guys. I just wasted a portion of my life watching this turd knuckle spout idiocy.
gjk5 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 21:54   #207
Wyoming
Senior Member
 
Wyoming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Posts: 1,946
Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Sounds like you need to gain some real world knowledge before posting. Why post when you're obviously clueless of the subject matter?

Yeager is a moron and I've sent him some choice words on a few occasions.
If you got a dollar for every post I read and just go on to the next one because of stupid you could double your collection!

"a 1911 that works is as rare as a Glock that don't" in it's post just isn't worth my time.

If I lose $1000 I can always work and earn it back but time is too valuable to waste. Time lost is lost forever.

That time can be better used shooting 1911s. Of the 17 handguns I own in 45 ACP 8 are 1911s and they all work.
__________________
Wyoming
Wyoming is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 21:55   #208
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?
 
Rooster Rugburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hopefully, on your ignore list
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
James Yeager is a Coward? - YouTube




wait, he's a 14 year old with a beard!!!

I doubt he'll get many takers on his offer. The reference to 'living in their mom's basement' is pretty typical of the internet, but he has a point. As far as I can tell, most of the people on the net calling him a coward will NOT do it to his face, and they have the protection of internet anonymity.

Before Iraq, Yeager was an easy going, fun, and funny guy to train with. And a damn good trainer. Iraq and all the crap after it from the anonymous people on the internet seem to have changed his personality a bit. I guess the whole situation is the elephant in the room, and he probably never knows when someone who is cool to his face is going to turn around and start trashing him on the net.
__________________
Sent from American Standard low flow using Crappertalk.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 21:56   #209
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
James Yeager is a Coward? - YouTube




wait, he's a 14 year old with a beard!!!
See I know those tricks those Tennessee boys play. They get you down in the woods with tricks like this "come call me that to my face" crap and then BLAM!

General Firearms Forum

Ned Beatty time. I swear I heard some banjo music in that Youtube video....

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-10-2012 at 21:58..
Ruggles is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 22:01   #210
jeremy1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Armed In Alberta
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
I don't know about that. I think ole' coleslaw makes a good point. Maybe I got it all wrong about this high priced, fancy pants 1911 thing. Besides, I'm Glock2740! What am I doing throwing all this money away on these unproven 1911's, when I've got all these Glocks?!?
Well now I can't decide. Its too bad there isn't a pistol design that has proven itself in combat service for over a century in every conflict on every continent and is still being used by elite special forces.

Oh yeah, you need to change your user name because .40 cal's suck too! Real men use 9mm's, have crappy goaties and wear t shirts with skulls. Just sayin
__________________
G17 gen 1, G19, G20 OD, G22 gen 4, G37 and lots of other Non Glocks
jeremy1 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 22:02   #211
MinervaDoe
Senior Member
 
MinervaDoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Way out in left field
Posts: 6,976
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
I hate the generic "trainer" term. Worked alongside a lot of "trainers" who were frankly a waste of space.
I overheard one such trainer at the range one day. He told his customer, "Shoot the gun within four seconds of beginning your exhale or your shot will be effected by oxygen deprivation."

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 12-10-2012 at 22:03..
MinervaDoe is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 22:37   #212
gjk5
Pinche Gringo
 
gjk5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grand Junction Colorado
Posts: 9,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
I doubt he'll get many takers on his offer. The reference to 'living in their mom's basement' is pretty typical of the internet, but he has a point. As far as I can tell, most of the people on the net calling him a coward will NOT do it to his face, and they have the protection of internet anonymity.

Before Iraq, Yeager was an easy going, fun, and funny guy to train with. And a damn good trainer. Iraq and all the crap after it from the anonymous people on the internet seem to have changed his personality a bit. I guess the whole situation is the elephant in the room, and he probably never knows when someone who is cool to his face is going to turn around and start trashing him on the net.

Yeah, he seems like a great guy, just misunderstood......
gjk5 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 22:42   #213
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
James Yeager is a Coward? - YouTube




wait, he's a 14 year old with a beard!!!
Yeah, that is funny.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 12-10-2012 at 22:43..
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38   #214
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?
 
Rooster Rugburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hopefully, on your ignore list
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
Yeah, he seems like a great guy, just misunderstood......
Not really, which was my point. Before the Iraq thing, he was different. He was a fun guy to train with. He was funny and had a great personality.

I don't know if he thinks the hard ass route is good for his business, or if his personality is affected by the Iraq thing and all the internet tough guys since. These guys with training businesses seem to want to push the envelope to the point that going to Wal-Mart is a combat situation where you need cover and team tactics. They just seem to be "out there". So maybe it's not the Iraq thing after all, but more of a persona he thinks is good for his business.

I'm a civilian. I am not going to Iraq as a "high risk contractor". I don't want to be in a carbine class with a bunch of 400 pounders that you can see their navel printing through their shirt, running around in whatever the latest military surplus store is selling, trying to play soldier.
__________________
Sent from American Standard low flow using Crappertalk.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Rooster Rugburn is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49   #215
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
Not really, which was my point. Before the Iraq thing, he was different. He was a fun guy to train with. He was funny and had a great personality.

I don't know if he thinks the hard ass route is good for his business, or if his personality is affected by the Iraq thing and all the internet tough guys since. These guys with training businesses seem to want to push the envelope to the point that going to Wal-Mart is a combat situation where you need cover and team tactics. They just seem to be "out there". So maybe it's not the Iraq thing after all, but more of a persona he thinks is good for his business.

I'm a civilian. I am not going to Iraq as a "high risk contractor". I don't want to be in a carbine class with a bunch of 400 pounders that you can see their navel printing through their shirt, running around in whatever the latest military surplus store is selling, trying to play soldier.
Great points, I agree
Ruggles is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15   #216
CajunBass
Senior Member
 
CajunBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chancelorsville, Virginia
Posts: 3,636
Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Geez. I see your ego really is invested in your 1911. I'm quoting a guy with a proven track record... What is your track record? How many people have you trained?

Super sensitive Forum warrior says a well renown proffesional is a moron... Yea I'm really gonna take your word.
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but anyone who would make this statement to the person it was aimed at doesn't know beans from apple butter (Ok, I cleaned that up a bit). Sort of like saying Jessie James didn't know anything about robbing trains.

Lemmie go back and laugh some more.
__________________
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
CajunBass is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48   #217
P99er
AKA PPQ'er
 
P99er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: My own little world
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
Yeah, he seems like a great guy, just misunderstood......
Not misunderstood at all. If someone calls him a coward to his face, which they won't, he'll administer a serious ass kicking.

That's why 'yeagerisscum.com' was anonymous, they were afraid to put their names on it. People will call him coward all day long...... on the internet. They won't do it to his face but once.

So, anonymous tough guys talking on the internet never having to back it up, or a guy who lives with mistakes every day. Who is the coward?

People living far away from his range who want to train with him, can take him up on his offer, and take a class after you get your ass beat.
__________________
.
"I cannot sit and watch a lady diminish her qualities to the lowest common denominator. I just can't do that" - Jerry Lewis on female comics


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by P99er; 12-11-2012 at 11:49..
P99er is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25   #218
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
Not misunderstood at all. If someone calls him a coward to his face, which they won't, he'll administer a serious ass kicking.

That's why 'yeagerisscum.com' was anonymous, they were afraid to put their names on it. People will call him coward all day long...... on the internet. They won't do it to his face but once.

So, anonymous tough guys talking on the internet never having to back it up, or a guy who lives with mistakes every day. Who is the coward?

People living far away from his range who want to train with him, can take him up on his offer, and take a class after you get your ass beat.
I don't know if the man is or isn't. That being said, what makes him such a billy bad ass that you are putting you kneepads on over him? He doesn't appear to be chuck norris last I checked.

Lay off the kool aid.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.

Last edited by JohnnyReb; 12-11-2012 at 12:25..
JohnnyReb is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36   #219
Green Dragoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
Not misunderstood at all. If someone calls him a coward to his face, which they won't, he'll administer a serious ass kicking.

That's why 'yeagerisscum.com' was anonymous, they were afraid to put their names on it. People will call him coward all day long...... on the internet. They won't do it to his face but once.

So, anonymous tough guys talking on the internet never having to back it up, or a guy who lives with mistakes every day. Who is the coward?

People living far away from his range who want to train with him, can take him up on his offer, and take a class after you get your ass beat.
I'd never call him a coward as I don't know him. After watching that video though, I certainly think he is infantile.
Green Dragoon is offline  
Old 12-11-2012, 14:19   #220
LawScholar
Senior Member
 
LawScholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
Not misunderstood at all. If someone calls him a coward to his face, which they won't, he'll administer a serious ass kicking.

That's why 'yeagerisscum.com' was anonymous, they were afraid to put their names on it. People will call him coward all day long...... on the internet. They won't do it to his face but once.

So, anonymous tough guys talking on the internet never having to back it up, or a guy who lives with mistakes every day. Who is the coward?

People living far away from his range who want to train with him, can take him up on his offer, and take a class after you get your ass beat.
James Yeager's courage or lack thereof, or character or lack thereof, bears absolutely 0% on his competence or knowledge. You can be honorable and brave and wrong all day.
__________________
Beretta PX4 .40 - Colt 1968 Detective Special .38 Spc.- Ruger LCP .380 - Daniel Defense M4V1 Carbine 5.56 - Ruger 10/22 .22LR - Remington Express Tactical 870 12GA
LawScholar is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 928
238 Members
690 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42