Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 21:26   #201
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
I don't know about that. I think ole' coleslaw makes a good point. Maybe I got it all wrong about this high priced, fancy pants 1911 thing. Besides, I'm Glock2740! What am I doing throwing all this money away on these unproven 1911's, when I've got all these Glocks?!?
Yeah, Joe.

Do you know how many Glocks you could have bought with all the 1911 money you've spent this year?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-10-2012, 21:27   #202
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

I just watched the "1911's suck" video (well, part of it), I had never heard of this guy before.

What a doosh. He needs a flat brimmed ballcap and white sunglasses to go with that gay ass shirt......maybe a "Tapout" sticker on his truck?
Old 12-10-2012, 21:30   #203
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

wait, he's a 14 year old with a beard!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 21:32   #204
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Yeah, Joe.

Do you know how many Glocks you could have bought with all the 1911 money you've spent this year?
Oh I know! It makes me soooo mad! I could have every model that Glock's ever made! Even the 45GAP models! That does it! I'm ditching these pretty paper weights!

Old 12-10-2012, 21:36   #205
bac1023

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-10-2012, 21:52   #206
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

I officially hate you guys. I just wasted a portion of my life watching this turd knuckle spout idiocy.
Old 12-10-2012, 21:54   #207
Wyoming

Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Sounds like you need to gain some real world knowledge before posting. Why post when you're obviously clueless of the subject matter?

Yeager is a moron and I've sent him some choice words on a few occasions.
If you got a dollar for every post I read and just go on to the next one because of stupid you could double your collection!

"a 1911 that works is as rare as a Glock that don't" in it's post just isn't worth my time.

If I lose $1000 I can always work and earn it back but time is too valuable to waste. Time lost is lost forever.

That time can be better used shooting 1911s. Of the 17 handguns I own in 45 ACP 8 are 1911s and they all work.
Old 12-10-2012, 21:55   #208
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
James Yeager is a Coward? - YouTube

I doubt he'll get many takers on his offer. The reference to 'living in their mom's basement' is pretty typical of the internet, but he has a point. As far as I can tell, most of the people on the net calling him a coward will NOT do it to his face, and they have the protection of internet anonymity.

Before Iraq, Yeager was an easy going, fun, and funny guy to train with. And a damn good trainer. Iraq and all the crap after it from the anonymous people on the internet seem to have changed his personality a bit. I guess the whole situation is the elephant in the room, and he probably never knows when someone who is cool to his face is going to turn around and start trashing him on the net.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Old 12-10-2012, 21:56   #209
Ruggles

Quote:

See I know those tricks those Tennessee boys play. They get you down in the woods with tricks like this "come call me that to my face" crap and then BLAM!

General Firearms Forum

Ned Beatty time. I swear I heard some banjo music in that Youtube video....

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-10-2012 at 21:58..
Old 12-10-2012, 22:01   #210
jeremy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
I don't know about that. I think ole' coleslaw makes a good point. Maybe I got it all wrong about this high priced, fancy pants 1911 thing. Besides, I'm Glock2740! What am I doing throwing all this money away on these unproven 1911's, when I've got all these Glocks?!?
Well now I can't decide. Its too bad there isn't a pistol design that has proven itself in combat service for over a century in every conflict on every continent and is still being used by elite special forces.

Oh yeah, you need to change your user name because .40 cal's suck too! Real men use 9mm's, have crappy goaties and wear t shirts with skulls. Just sayin
Old 12-10-2012, 22:02   #211
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
I hate the generic "trainer" term. Worked alongside a lot of "trainers" who were frankly a waste of space.
I overheard one such trainer at the range one day. He told his customer, "Shoot the gun within four seconds of beginning your exhale or your shot will be effected by oxygen deprivation."

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 12-10-2012 at 22:03..
Old 12-10-2012, 22:37   #212
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
I doubt he'll get many takers on his offer. The reference to 'living in their mom's basement' is pretty typical of the internet, but he has a point. As far as I can tell, most of the people on the net calling him a coward will NOT do it to his face, and they have the protection of internet anonymity.

Before Iraq, Yeager was an easy going, fun, and funny guy to train with. And a damn good trainer. Iraq and all the crap after it from the anonymous people on the internet seem to have changed his personality a bit. I guess the whole situation is the elephant in the room, and he probably never knows when someone who is cool to his face is going to turn around and start trashing him on the net.

Yeah, he seems like a great guy, just misunderstood......
Old 12-10-2012, 22:42   #213
bac1023

Quote:

Yeah, that is funny.

Last edited by bac1023; 12-10-2012 at 22:43..
Old 12-11-2012, 05:38   #214
Rooster Rugburn
Got Pignose?

Quote:
Not really, which was my point. Before the Iraq thing, he was different. He was a fun guy to train with. He was funny and had a great personality.

I don't know if he thinks the hard ass route is good for his business, or if his personality is affected by the Iraq thing and all the internet tough guys since. These guys with training businesses seem to want to push the envelope to the point that going to Wal-Mart is a combat situation where you need cover and team tactics. They just seem to be "out there". So maybe it's not the Iraq thing after all, but more of a persona he thinks is good for his business.

I'm a civilian. I am not going to Iraq as a "high risk contractor". I don't want to be in a carbine class with a bunch of 400 pounders that you can see their navel printing through their shirt, running around in whatever the latest military surplus store is selling, trying to play soldier.

Ever notice that people who say "There is no I in TEAM" are the ones always riding your coattails?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49   #215
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn View Post
Not really, which was my point. Before the Iraq thing, he was different. He was a fun guy to train with. He was funny and had a great personality.

I don't know if he thinks the hard ass route is good for his business, or if his personality is affected by the Iraq thing and all the internet tough guys since. These guys with training businesses seem to want to push the envelope to the point that going to Wal-Mart is a combat situation where you need cover and team tactics. They just seem to be "out there". So maybe it's not the Iraq thing after all, but more of a persona he thinks is good for his business.

I'm a civilian. I am not going to Iraq as a "high risk contractor". I don't want to be in a carbine class with a bunch of 400 pounders that you can see their navel printing through their shirt, running around in whatever the latest military surplus store is selling, trying to play soldier.
Great points, I agree
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15   #216
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Geez. I see your ego really is invested in your 1911. I'm quoting a guy with a proven track record... What is your track record? How many people have you trained?

Super sensitive Forum warrior says a well renown proffesional is a moron... Yea I'm really gonna take your word.
Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread, but anyone who would make this statement to the person it was aimed at doesn't know beans from apple butter (Ok, I cleaned that up a bit). Sort of like saying Jessie James didn't know anything about robbing trains.

Lemmie go back and laugh some more.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old 12-11-2012, 11:48   #217
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Quote:
Not misunderstood at all. If someone calls him a coward to his face, which they won't, he'll administer a serious ass kicking.

That's why 'yeagerisscum.com' was anonymous, they were afraid to put their names on it. People will call him coward all day long...... on the internet. They won't do it to his face but once.

So, anonymous tough guys talking on the internet never having to back it up, or a guy who lives with mistakes every day. Who is the coward?

People living far away from his range who want to train with him, can take him up on his offer, and take a class after you get your ass beat.

Last edited by P99er; 12-11-2012 at 11:49..
Old 12-11-2012, 12:25   #218
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
Not misunderstood at all. If someone calls him a coward to his face, which they won't, he'll administer a serious ass kicking.

That's why 'yeagerisscum.com' was anonymous, they were afraid to put their names on it. People will call him coward all day long...... on the internet. They won't do it to his face but once.

So, anonymous tough guys talking on the internet never having to back it up, or a guy who lives with mistakes every day. Who is the coward?

People living far away from his range who want to train with him, can take him up on his offer, and take a class after you get your ass beat.
I don't know if the man is or isn't. That being said, what makes him such a billy bad ass that you are putting you kneepads on over him? He doesn't appear to be chuck norris last I checked.

Lay off the kool aid.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by JohnnyReb; 12-11-2012 at 12:25..
Old 12-11-2012, 12:36   #219
Green Dragoon

Quote:

I'd never call him a coward as I don't know him. After watching that video though, I certainly think he is infantile.
Old 12-11-2012, 14:19   #220
LawScholar

Quote:

James Yeager's courage or lack thereof, or character or lack thereof, bears absolutely 0% on his competence or knowledge. You can be honorable and brave and wrong all day.

Closed Thread