Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 15:12   #226
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
Not misunderstood at all. If someone calls him a coward to his face, which they won't, he'll administer a serious ass kicking.

That's why 'yeagerisscum.com' was anonymous, they were afraid to put their names on it. People will call him coward all day long...... on the internet. They won't do it to his face but once.

So, anonymous tough guys talking on the internet never having to back it up, or a guy who lives with mistakes every day. Who is the coward?

People living far away from his range who want to train with him, can take him up on his offer, and take a class after you get your ass beat.
There are lots of different types of fanboys...after all, I'm currently posting on what's often been described as a fanboy website. I'm admittedly a fanboy of many things, though I draw the line at imagining "tactical" trainers as superheroes who can kick every challenger's ass over a simple insult.

Yeager fanboys are the worst of all. His classes are nothing but ballistic ************; all quantity and no quality.

-Edward Conlon

Last edited by rockapede; 12-11-2012 at 15:15.. Reason: apparently the word for "self pleasing" that starts with "m" is naughty now.
Old 12-11-2012, 15:21   #227
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
I just watched the "1911's suck" video (well, part of it), I had never heard of this guy before.

What a doosh. He needs a flat brimmed ballcap and white sunglasses to go with that gay ass shirt......maybe a "Tapout" sticker on his truck?

i managed to endure 1:12 of his expert opinion. think i'd have rather have spent it on fire.
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
Old 12-11-2012, 15:53   #228
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
By the way, is he some sort of buddy of yours? That would be my guess by all the assumptions you just made.
No. Not at all. I took two of his classes at Rangemaster in Memphis years ago. I don't even know if he would be able to call me by name if he ever saw me. I went through the TN instructor certification course with his brother and a couple other OPS guys. That's back when it was OPS.

I never understood why he went to Iraq, unless it was to get some credibility for his business, or maybe some start up capital. But going into that situation, knowing the danger, is not the action of a coward. How many cowards volunteer to go into a battlezone like that?

My interaction with Yeager is limited to having taken 2 of his classes in Memphis. I thought I knew one of the fallen, I think he was part of the group for one of the classes. But you don't have to be his best friend to try to be fair. When I watched the video of the Iraq shootout, I couldn't make enough out of it to form an opinion of whether his actions were correct or not. Not being there, knowing exactly what was going on and when, I am in no position to judge. But others can sit at their keyboard and make those judgments.

FWIW, I never aimed any comments at anyone or you in particular. I was speaking generally.

But, judge a person by their enemies. Just me lightly chiming in has resulted in a lowlife attacks in me. Just because I don't jump on the bandwagon, you are ass-u-ming I am a buddy of his. I'm not. He probably wouldn't like me because I always shot a P99, a clearly superior weapon to his beloved Glock. One jerk implies I am bending over for Yeager. And why? Because I offer a differing opinion. Does that seem fair to you? Now see, there is your REAL COWARD. A bunch of tough guys engaging in adhoms when they are anonymous on the internet, is about as cowardly as it gets.

You think the JohnnyReb has the courage to say any of it to Yeagers face? HELL NO. Neither will the rest of them. Yeager knew that when he offered the challenge. I'm not saying anything about the guy behind the anonymity of the internet, that I wouldn't say to his face. But I am in no position make judgements.

I'm not a buddy of his, but I enjoyed the classes I took

JohnnyReb: why don't you reregister under your real name, and put your city and state as your location? Then start spewing about Yeager. Why don't you let your real name back up your posts?

So, if it came down to Yeager or his enemies, I would probably choose Yeager, because his enemies aren't much. I won't go to the point of saying 'mom's basement', but I think it's close. Anybody can sit around talking tough on the internet, hiding behind a screen name. Yeagers disadvantage is that he doesn't hide, he takes the fire. His identity is known pretty much to everyone, and he doesn't hide it. He puts himself out there for attacks. That tells me he has more guts than his detractors.

ETA: I was a member here when Yeager was active on this board. in fact, he added a LOT to the tactics and training forum. It was him in one of his classes that told me about GT.

"I cannot sit and watch a lady diminish her qualities to the lowest common denominator. I just can't do that" - Jerry Lewis on female comics

Last edited by P99er; 12-11-2012 at 15:55..
Old 12-11-2012, 15:57   #229
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
His classes are nothing but ballistic ************; all quantity and no quality.
I would bet you've never even been to one. But that's just my guess.

"I cannot sit and watch a lady diminish her qualities to the lowest common denominator. I just can't do that" - Jerry Lewis on female comics
Old 12-11-2012, 16:00   #230
jakebrake
cracker

has coleslaw posted since opening this can of bulls***?

guess he's too busy cleaning his 6mm airsoft collection.

Last edited by jakebrake; 12-11-2012 at 16:02..
Old 12-11-2012, 16:12   #231
rockapede

Quote:
I would bet you've never even been to one. But that's just my guess.
Nope. Two of my co-workers went to a pistol class of his last year, though. They found it less informative than the firearms training they had at the academy, and that's saying something. Lots and lots of shooting and dubious "drills" with little to no emphasis on fundamentals and correcting bad habits. One look at the round counts for many of his classes is enlightening.

With so many proven trainers out there with real, quantifiable track records, why anyone would choose Yeager is beyond me. The juvenile behavior is just fuel to the fire. I've never taken a Suarez class either but I know enough to stay away.

-Edward Conlon
Old 12-11-2012, 16:17   #232
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
You think the JohnnyReb has the courage to say any of it to Yeagers face? HELL NO. Neither will the rest of them. Yeager knew that when he offered the challenge. I'm not saying anything about the guy behind the anonymity of the internet, that I wouldn't say to his face. But I am in no position make judgements.

JohnnyReb: why don't you reregister under your real name, and put your city and state as your location? Then start spewing about Yeager. Why don't you let your real name back up your posts?
WTF are you even talking about? I clearly said I didn't know if he is or isn't a coward.

To be frank, I personally don't care.

I did however say, what makes him this billy bad ass that you are making him out to be? Is he superman or something? I guess he can just kick anyone's ass that disagrees with him.
Old 12-11-2012, 16:18   #233
bac1023

Quote:
No. Not at all. I took two of his classes at Rangemaster in Memphis years ago. I don't even know if he would be able to call me by name if he ever saw me. I went through the TN instructor certification course with his brother and a couple other OPS guys. That's back when it was OPS.

I never understood why he went to Iraq, unless it was to get some credibility for his business, or maybe some start up capital. But going into that situation, knowing the danger, is not the action of a coward. How many cowards volunteer to go into a battlezone like that?

My interaction with Yeager is limited to having taken 2 of his classes in Memphis. I thought I knew one of the fallen, I think he was part of the group for one of the classes. But you don't have to be his best friend to try to be fair. When I watched the video of the Iraq shootout, I couldn't make enough out of it to form an opinion of whether his actions were correct or not. Not being there, knowing exactly what was going on and when, I am in no position to judge. But others can sit at their keyboard and make those judgments.

FWIW, I never aimed any comments at anyone or you in particular. I was speaking generally.

But, judge a person by their enemies. Just me lightly chiming in has resulted in a lowlife attacks in me. Just because I don't jump on the bandwagon, you are ass-u-ming I am a buddy of his. I'm not. He probably wouldn't like me because I always shot a P99, a clearly superior weapon to his beloved Glock. One jerk implies I am bending over for Yeager. And why? Because I offer a differing opinion. Does that seem fair to you? Now see, there is your REAL COWARD. A bunch of tough guys engaging in adhoms when they are anonymous on the internet, is about as cowardly as it gets.

So, if it came down to Yeager or his enemies, I would probably choose Yeager, because his enemies aren't much. I won't go to the point of saying 'mom's basement', but I think it's close. Anybody can sit around talking tough on the internet, hiding behind a screen name. Yeagers disadvantage is that he doesn't hide, he takes the fire. His identity is known pretty much to everyone, and he doesn't hide it. He puts himself out there for attacks. That tells me he has more guts than his detractors.

ETA: I was a member here when Yeager was active on this board. in fact, he added a LOT to the tactics and training forum. It was him in one of his classes that told me about GT.
Fair enough. I never called the man a coward.

That said, I have no regrets of my impressions of him after seeing some of the nonsense he spews on Youtube. I didn't say the man doesn't know what he's doing, nor did I say I thought his classes weren't good.

However, he mostly comes off as a buffoon in his Youtube rants. That's my opinion and it won't be changing anytime soon. If I ever met him personally, my opinion of him might change. I don't know.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 12-11-2012, 16:21   #234
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Fair enough. I never called the man a coward.

That said, I have no regrets of my impressions of him after seeing some of the nonsense he spews on Youtube. I didn't say the man doesn't know what he's doing, nor did I say I thought his classes weren't good.

However, he mostly comes off as a buffoon in his Youtube rants. That's my opinion and it won't be changing anytime soon. If I ever met him personally, my opinion of him might change. I don't know.
That's only if he doesn't kick your ass first bac. Yeager is more badass then Ken Shamrock ever was.

Just ask P99 after he takes off his Yeager kneepads and wipes his mouth.

Last edited by JohnnyReb; 12-11-2012 at 16:23..
Old 12-11-2012, 16:21   #235
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
has coleslaw posted since opening this can of bulls***?
Nope

It doesn't surprise me either.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 12-11-2012, 16:21   #236
LawScholar

Quote:

To me, the difference between James Yeager and a true professional is the difference between Phillip Rivers and Peyton Manning. Phillip is frequently brash, a poor sport. and disrespectful. His conduct sours the talent that's there. Peyton, an objectively superior quarterback, gets it done quietly with respect. An expert like Yeager that needs to be that disrespectful and sophomoric to people with other opinions is not a true expert.

I'm not saying he's a coward, In fact, let's just assume he's the bravest man in world history who makes Chesty Puller look like a French diplomat. Doesn't change that his conduct is childish, he is frequently factually incorrect, and he treats people who disagree like garbage. To use my generation's most commonly used term for unbearable people, Yeager is a huge *********. A brave, brave *********.

Last edited by LawScholar; 12-11-2012 at 16:22..
Old 12-11-2012, 16:31   #237
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
So I don't know if RECOIL is still popular with Glocktalk folks after the Jerry Tsai comments, but I still like to read it.

Anyway the last issue of the year came out and there is a article title "Kicking Tires On A 1911 Pistol" in which the author helps potential buyers of a 1911 pistol what to be weary of when buying used. I think the article was supposed to excite the reader about buying/owning a 1911 but all it did for me was scare me out of a 1911.

The problems/issues that the 1911 is plagued with has made me realize how blessed I am that I own Glocks and HK's. It made me realize truly how much the polymer pistols have changed the game. The author listed problems such as cracked frames, cracked grip panels, loose plunger tubes, barrel bushing cracks, and even damaged extractors and slide stops are the norm. The author mentioned that these are all common problems with 1911's... Things that should be expected with the 1911 pistol. And this is too throw on top of the more vigorous maintenence you must do to a 1911 to keep it running as effecient as a dirty Glock. I've never owned a 1911, but I've always wanted too just because the cool factor, beauty and history but I think I'll stick with my low maintenence polymer guns.

I know the 1911 guys can get real butt hurt about any bad talk about the 1911 so I'll just apologize now and get it out of the way. I think James Yeager said it best with 1911 guys... "A 1911 that works correctly is just as rare as a Glock that doesn't"... Now let the hate speech rain down on me.
You obviously have zero experience on the topic, hence your ridiculous post. Go shoot a 1911 and then come back and post your opinion. I would go into more detail, but I am getting to the party late and there are now over 10 pages of people explaining why your views are skewed.
Old 12-11-2012, 16:36   #238
jakebrake
cracker

roger, i think the only guns coleslaw has ever fired are airsoft.

he's not even a mall ninja...he's a wannabe mall ninja. he's gone from "ready to buy" a 357 sig, a 357 magnum, a 10mm, an 870, a lock, a 1911....
Old 12-11-2012, 16:44   #239
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1079 View Post
You obviously have zero experience on the topic, hence your ridiculous post. Go shoot a 1911 and then come back and post your opinion. I would go into more detail, but I am getting to the party late and there are now over 10 pages of people explaining why your views are skewed.
Yeah, its still hard to grasp the idiocy of that opening post.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 12-11-2012, 16:47   #240
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Yeah, its still hard to grasp the idiocy of that opening post.
it was done to troll, and/or to look cool. so far, he's accomplished one of the two.
Old 12-11-2012, 16:53   #241
SigFTW

I'm surprised this thread has not been locked
Old 12-11-2012, 17:15   #242
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
it was done to troll, and/or to look cool. so far, he's accomplished one of the two.
Yes he did

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 12-11-2012, 17:16   #243
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
I'm surprised this thread has not been locked
I was just saying that to another member, actually.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 12-11-2012, 17:24   #244
deadite
Groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawScholar View Post
Yeager is a huge *********. A brave, brave *********.
:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-11-2012, 17:33   #245
kazecap0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
I've owned many 1911s since the 1970s. I carried one by choice on duty. I built them into competition guns in the 1980s. I was a devotee of Jeff Cooper. I love 1911s.

I do not agree with Recoil magazine's assessment of the 1911 but when it comes down to it and with all due respect to the 1911, I don't think you can find a better service pistol than a Glock.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
"Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Last edited by kazecap0ne; 12-11-2012 at 17:34..
Old 12-11-2012, 17:43   #246
Ruggles

My input would be that I would guess (and take that for what it is worth) that Yeager would say he could care less about others internet forum opinions about him. And on that I would agree with him like I think most of us would. Yet he post a video offering to pay for their travel to his home so they can fight? Seems like you can't have it both ways to me.

Also the whole fight challenge things detracts from his credibility as a professional trainer to me. I would think as a trainer he would preach and teach calmness and reason in a stressful situation. To react off of training and logic, not macho emotion. Yet that is what he is doing with this "say it to my face" mentality IMO.

And the whole "a working 1911 is a rare as a Glock not working" is just utter crap no matter who says it. Unless JMB rises from the grave Zombie style and says it I am not respecting whoever says it when it comes to their opinion about handguns.

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-11-2012 at 17:48..
Old 12-11-2012, 17:44   #247
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

So how about those Mets?

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Old 12-11-2012, 17:46   #248
Ruggles

"I do not agree with Recoil magazine's assessment of the 1911 but when it comes down to it and with all due respect to the 1911, I don't think you can find a better service pistol than a Glock."

Better? No. But equal, yes. The 1911 (and many others) is IMO.

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-11-2012 at 17:47..
Old 12-11-2012, 18:14   #249
RyanSBHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Geez. I see your ego really is invested in your 1911. I'm quoting a guy with a proven track record... What is your track record? How many people have you trained?

Bac has forgotten more about 20th century handguns than most people will ever know.

A Monarch leads a Monarchy.

Hillary Clinton leads a Country.
Old 12-11-2012, 18:21   #250
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
So how about those Mets?
meh...they'll never catch up with us, and we all know it