SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:39   #1
Green Dragoon

HK45 vs. USP mag springs???

Good afternoon folks;

I'm looking to change out the mag springs in my HK45; looking at the Wolff +10 pounders. (My slide isn't always locking back).

Does anyone know if the USP vs. HK45 mag springs are interchangable?

They only have USP springs listed on their site. When I called them, they couldn't answer the question.

Thanks in advance,
Roger
Green Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 13:38   #2
WayaX
Lifetime Membership

To my knowledge (and this is something that I haven't researched extensively), the HK45 magazine spring and the USP45 magazine springs would not be compatible due to size and capacity differences in the magazines. The HK45 and USP45C 10 round magazine spring should work though.

All this being said, check your grip first. Grip is the #1 cause of failure to lock back on HK pistols.
"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

-Haile Selassie I
WayaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 15:46   #3
Green Dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayaX View Post
To my knowledge (and this is something that I haven't researched extensively), the HK45 magazine spring and the USP45 magazine springs would not be compatible due to size and capacity differences in the magazines. The HK45 and USP45C 10 round magazine spring should work though.

All this being said, check your grip first. Grip is the #1 cause of failure to lock back on HK pistols.
thanks for the info. Grip..yes, checked that. I even went back to my old, 1980's style 1911 grip, which is curling my strong hand thumb down hard and placing my off-hand thumb on top of it.
Green Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote