Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 18:50   #176
seed

A fight between someone who often pretended to fight vs. someone who actually fought (a lot...of other tough and talented fighters) is a no-brainer. Couture would absolutely destroy him.
Old 12-05-2012, 18:54   #177
Dubble-Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
They will fight in a bar with who talks the most trash. I don't see either one of them as being in "prime shape" anymore. Maybe Seagal is going to have him in one of his movies.
dont get it twisted, randy is still near the shape of a worldclass combat athlete.
Old 12-05-2012, 19:03   #178
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble-Tapper View Post
dont get it twisted, randy is still near the shape of a worldclass combat athlete.
No doubt. When people say "freak of nature", Couture fits in that category. Not only is he in better shape at almost 50 than most guys are in their 20's, he's got the experience to back it up. He's not a man to mess with.
Old 12-05-2012, 19:07   #179
Keoking

You are all asking the wrong questions.
The correct question is:
"Who would win: Randy on Meth or Steven on PCP?"
I think we all know the answer.
Springfield Loaded (Black SS)
Sig P220 Stainless Elite
Old 12-05-2012, 19:31   #180
Never Nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
But what if we throw in TBO vs Tantrix as a main event?
In that case, I would have to sit on the back porch with a pitcher of sweet tea and watch. Heck, Kimbo is punch drunk, he probably wont find the place.

NN
Old 12-06-2012, 08:06   #181
NEVRL8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
MMA is a joke! Take out a knee, or collar bone, or floating rib and it's over.

Alrighty then.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:10   #182
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I would not bet on him now but in his prime Segal was pretty freaking fierce and talented so who knows he might have won this fight at that point.

I would bet on Segal today against anybody on this forum sight unseen. I could take his ass at Tekken though
Well, since we are talking about fights with no witnesses, I guess I can let it out that I have fought both of them, and won, with no witnesses, though.

They were both so embarrassed that I am sure both will claim it didn't happen.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:24   #183
spcwes

Well from a non-mma thought process this would mean that attacking the other guy to destroy is different than a having a guy stop the fight because you stuck your thumb into another mans eye socket and tried to dig for gold.

If it is allowed to be a "mma ring fight" will probably go to Randy but not sure what Steve will do. Might just get his ass kicked, might put a mma fighter into a final retirement due to injury. I doubt this ever happens but I would watch.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06   #184
JuneyBooney

Quote:
But didn't he get beaten on tv? I would never tell you that an athlete should be dissed but I can also tell you for a fact that I have known Golden Gloves boxers to be as capable of killing at 65 as a twenty year old. So if Steve would connect it may be bad for Randy. I don't expect them to fight at all but this would make great promotion for a movie.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14   #185
DoubleWide

Take a look at how MMA fighters stand up to eye poke, groin shot or knee to the head.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44   #186
Tango 1Zero

The Okie Corral
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46   #187
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWide View Post
Take a look at how MMA fighters stand up to eye poke, groin shot or knee to the head.
And that's the same reaction Seagal would have if Randy did it to him. What, Randy doesn't know how to poke eyes or kick groins?

Couture abides by MMA rules when he's in the cage because he has to, just like any other person participating in a sanctioned bout.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14   #188
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
MMA is a joke! Take out a knee, or collar bone, or floating rib and it's over.
I agree. Most street fights are over in less than three minutes.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48   #189
Dubble-Tapper

Quote:
But didn't he get beaten on tv? I would never tell you that an athlete should be dissed but I can also tell you for a fact that I have known Golden Gloves boxers to be as capable of killing at 65 as a twenty year old. So if Steve would connect it may be bad for Randy. I don't expect them to fight at all but this would make great promotion for a movie.
first off, yeah he lost his last fight to Lyoto Machida, a top tier martial artist nearly half his age. that doesnt make him any less an athlete.

i almost guarantee that Couture could take any power punch Steve could give hi, hes not known for knockout power.

although i know this is mostly a novelty idea, i am surprised that any of you believe that Segal would have a chance in hell. He hasnt competed in a long time, if ever, and probably isnt all that conditioned. Akido demonstrations are far different than actual competition with guys that arent going to do a flip for you when you grab their wrists.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54   #190
Ralff

Seagal's main art is AKIDO for cripes sake ... Randy would kill him.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:02   #191
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
first off, yeah he lost his last fight to Lyoto Machida, a top tier martial artist nearly half his age. that doesnt make him any less an athlete.

i almost guarantee that Couture could take any power punch Steve could give hi, hes not known for knockout power.

although i know this is mostly a novelty idea, i am surprised that any of you believe that Segal would have a chance in hell. He hasnt competed in a long time, if ever, and probably isnt all that conditioned. Akido demonstrations are far different than actual competition with guys that arent going to do a flip for you when you grab their wrists.
Pretty much spot-on. For some reason people think Steven could knock Randy out if he landed even 1 punch. Randy has taken heavier hits than Seagal is even capable of dishing out, multiple times to the face over the years and shaken them off. He's not glass-jawed by any means.

I'd be willing to bet (just about anything I own) that if Randy managed to connect his right hand with Seagal's face...he'd either be KTFO right then, or fall immediately and Randy would win by TKO and Seagal would need a lot of stitches and recovery time.

Last edited by tantrix; 12-06-2012 at 11:09..
Old 12-06-2012, 11:04   #192
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Btw, Randy has answered some people about Seagal's remarks.

http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive-...tch-challenge/

Quote:
Im the one that started the joke as an off-handed comment I made to Jay Glazer that Id only come out of retirement if it were to fight Seagal. Obviously now somebody has talked to him about it and it has gotten some legs, Couture chuckled to us over the phone today.

Im not surprised that he wants to do it in private, remote location where nobody could see it happen. Obviously I intended it as a joke. I dont think it would really happen.

Quote:
Couture is clearly bemused by the actors ominous-sounding statements. Asked if he was intimidated by Seagals claim that the fight would be truly no holds barred, Couture neatly replied, I dont think that changes the nature of the fight at all.
Randy really sounds worried...
Old 12-06-2012, 11:25   #193
JuneyBooney

Quote:

Well, size matters and I would not diss Steven at all. MMA was fun to watch years ago when you looked at idiots fighting but it does not impress me at all. I still think it would be the luck of the draw. Just my opinion.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41   #194
Dubble-Tapper

Quote:
Well, size matters and I would not diss Steven at all. MMA was fun to watch years ago when you looked at idiots fighting but it does not impress me at all. I still think it would be the luck of the draw. Just my opinion.
well, you are entitled to your opinion, although i can tell yours is uneducated. i mean no disrespect by this, it just doesnt sound like you have a clue about actual combat sports or MMA.

go watch some Couture highlights,

then go watch Seagal's Akido demonstrations and tell me with a straight face that technique will be effective against a world class wrestler/dirty boxer in vastly better shape.

in his Akido training he has never had to sprawl on a TD, defend and offend in the clench, or work from his back. nor has he taken a XXXL 4 oz. glove to the face repeatedly.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:46   #195
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far. You know how many military guys we have come into our gym wanting to go pro from day 1? At least 4 a month. Want to know how many are currently sponsored and fighting pro out of my gym? One.

At least 4 military types come in a month wanting to get into MMA, than after they get smacked around in full contact sparring...they take their gloves off, sit in the corner the rest of that night, and we never see them again.

One Marine even came in and started trash talking to one of our guys that's currently 12-3 and contracted with Bellator Fighting Championships. He went home with a bloody mouth that night and never returned.

I suggest you visit the best local MMA gym near you and see what the pro fighters do.

Last edited by tantrix; 12-06-2012 at 13:27..
Old 12-06-2012, 12:05   #196
Happypuppy

I really don't this ever happens. Sounds a lot like a agent garnering publicity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 12-06-2012, 12:06   #197
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWide View Post
Oops.. A MMA Fouls Highlight Video - YouTube
Can't tell an MMA guy that, it's like arguing with a liberal. I train those strikes, and better, train to defend against them. Cage fighters train for the rules, and that'll hold them against 90% or better of the population.

Problem is, you fight like you train, like this guy in the vid below. Christ, a flurry of punches, kicks, and knees, and nary a one landed. The other guy is still standing and even telling the cameraman how he won that scrap

And for you guys wondering how he'd hold up for real. Look up a guy name "Judo" Gene Lebell.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/03/...pooped-himself

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08   #198
JuneyBooney

Quote:
well, you are entitled to your opinion, although i can tell yours is uneducated. i mean no disrespect by this, it just doesnt sound like you have a clue about actual combat sports or MMA.

go watch some Couture highlights,

then go watch Seagal's Akido demonstrations and tell me with a straight face that technique will be effective against a world class wrestler/dirty boxer in vastly better shape.

in his Akido training he has never had to sprawl on a TD, defend and offend in the clench, or work from his back. nor has he taken a XXXL 4 oz. glove to the face repeatedly.
No, I am just bored with the same ole stuff. Young guys like to watch that stuff and think it is "a;; that" but have you ever heard of the old joke about the young bull and old bull at the top of the hill...then the young bull says.."dad..let's run down and hum a cow and the old bull says, Let's walk down and hump 'em all". That is how I am. I have watched a ton of MMA and ot now bores me. It is like shooting..I don't stand there all day and waste my time with drudgery.

Now I would bet that I could win a no witnesses and no rules event because I would have ten huge Black dudes there with sticks to whip butt while I was drinking a Dr pepper.

I understand what you are talking about but as I have gotten older and wiser I have found that most events are "scripted". I remember when Tito Ortiz was the man and that has faded. But look at how we are talking about it..great press for them.
Old 12-06-2012, 13:05   #199
jhmayhem

I think the problem all started when argubly greatest MMA fighter of al time Anderson Silva brought Steven Seagal back into the martial arts spotlight for whatever reason. I think it's nostalgia on Anderson's part or maybe Seagal is paying him to hang around and get his face back on the tube. Either way, after Seagal began to shoot his mouth off about how he taught Anderson his "secret techniques," that's when other MMA fighters like Randy Couture began to call him out on his BS. At this point I wish he would just go away.
Old 12-06-2012, 13:07   #200
Hauptmann6

Send a message via AIM to Hauptmann6 Send a message via MSN to Hauptmann6 Send a message via Yahoo to Hauptmann6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxterriermom View Post
Hmmm. That would be like me entering a bathing suit contest with a bunch of 20 year olds.
Just like Randy and Steve, it may not be a fair fight, but I still wanna see it!!!!
The only things that last forever
Are memories and sorrow
Closed Thread