Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 17:38   #1
Special Reserve

Glock Warranty

What is Glock's warranty? What does it cost the owner for replacement or fixing? What if it's a total loss? Please only respond if you have done this. Not what you might think or what you might have read on the internet. I'm just looking for the facts. Thanks.

Last edited by Special Reserve; 12-03-2012 at 17:54..
Special Reserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:16   #2
Raleigh Glocker

Glock has no explicit warranty, but they do stand behind their pistols. They will fix anything that you didn't do yourself, and yes, they have even provided replacement pistols.

Depending on how long you've owned your pistol and what the problem is, you may or may not be responsible for the cost to ship your pistol to Glock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Raleigh Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:28   #3
Bruce M

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...ht=19+replaced
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:50   #4
Special Reserve

Last edited by Special Reserve; 12-26-2012 at 14:55..
Old 12-03-2012, 18:55   #5
Bruce M

Maybe I am the only one - but I am curious as to what happened.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:02   #6
Raleigh Glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Reserve View Post
Define didn't do it yourself? As in, it was all original and malfuntioned during normal use? I'm just trying to get an idea of how or when they replace a gun and or parts. And who pays for it.
You're going about his bass ackwards. There are way too many things that can go wrong for anyone to compile some master list like you're asking for. In the end, it is still a subjective call made by the warranty tech you're dealing with.

Man up and tell us what happened. Then, and only then, will you be able to get the answer you're REALLY looking for. At the moment, your evasiveness and the way you're asking your questions gives the impression that you've done something that won't be covered by warranty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Raleigh Glocker; 12-03-2012 at 19:03..
Raleigh Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:08   #7
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Maybe I am the only one - but I am curious as to what happened.
No Bruce I'm with you, I keep checking back to this thread Hoping to find out more about what happen to his Glock.
Old 12-03-2012, 19:50   #8
ADK_40GLKr

Quote:
Define didn't do it yourself? As in, it was all original and malfuntioned during normal use? I'm just trying to get an idea of how or when they replace a gun and or parts. And who pays for it.
I fired another round not realizing a Winchester white box squib had left a bullet lodged in my barrel.

Bulged the barrel.

Glock replaced the barrel, but charged me $125 for the new barrel. (My negligence).

OTOH Winchester reimbursed me for the cost of the barrel and the 2 boxes of ammo (mostly unfired) from the same lot that I had returned to them.
Old 12-03-2012, 20:11   #9
sciolist

Quote:
What is Glock's warranty? What does it cost the owner for replacement or fixing? What if it's a total loss? Please only respond if you have done this. Not what you might think or what you might have read on the internet. I'm just looking for the facts. Thanks.
If I've actually done what?

I had some problems with one of my Glocks, and called one of their rep’s. We discussed things on the phone. Then he came to my home and gave me a variety of free parts to try. He wanted to know all about USPSA and reloading, because he deals mostly with LE. Unfortunately time was limited, so I couldn’t take him out to the range that day.

He offered to expedite my gun to GA, but said I’d probably be better off diagnosing and fixing it myself – which I did. I sent him a write-up on my findings, which he was very thankful for.

Bear in mind though, this is just stuff you’re reading in the Internet.
sciolist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:35   #10
ken grant

Glock Service

Carried 3 Glocks in for service. A first Gen. 17 along with non-dropfree mags.

They put all new parts in it and swapped out the old mags for new ones.

A 3rd. Gen 27 and they rebuilt it and also the mags I carried with it.

A 2nd. Gen. 23 and they said it had a bad frame which would be replaced but it would take 2 weeks to get it.
They did rebuild the mags I took along with it and 2 weeks to the day, A Fed-X truck delivered my 23 to my home and now I have a Gen. 2/3 with mis-matched numbers.

ALL OF THE ABOVE AT NO COST TO ME!!!!
ken grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:48   #11
MikeG36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
Carried 3 Glocks in for service. A first Gen. 17 along with non-dropfree mags.

They put all new parts in it and swapped out the old mags for new ones.

A 3rd. Gen 27 and they rebuilt it and also the mags I carried with it.

A 2nd. Gen. 23 and they said it had a bad frame which would be replaced but it would take 2 weeks to get it.
They did rebuild the mags I took along with it and 2 weeks to the day, A Fed-X truck delivered my 23 to my home and now I have a Gen. 2/3 with mis-matched numbers.

ALL OF THE ABOVE AT NO COST TO ME!!!!
Those mags could have been worth a small fortune!
MikeG36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 15:01   #12
Special Reserve

Thanks to all who posted.

Last edited by Special Reserve; 12-26-2012 at 14:55..
Old 12-04-2012, 15:16   #13
tonyparson

Did you shoot reloads through it?
Old 12-04-2012, 15:17   #14
Wash-ar15

I have found that Glocks CS generosity only works on newer guns like the gen4's if you get the right person, they might send you a part every once in while, but something like a frame replacement, you are out of luck unless its one of the E series guns that had a habit of losing frame rails.

They though will usually do a full service on a Glock when they get it in for inspection, ususaly free of charge. Of course it up to you to get it to them which can cost $50 of more to ship. it not their fault for the high price, but the shipping companies and thier rules.THe other option would be for and FFL to ship it which will bring the price down quite a bit, but not sure what they would charge other than shipping cost.

From my years of reading the tea leaves, your experience is close to SOP for a frame replacement.
Wash-ar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 15:58   #15
ken grant

For anyone who doesn't know.
A dealer can mail USPS for much cheaper costs.
A LEO can do the same if you know one.

This for handguns.

You can mail a long gun yourself to a dealer or mgf.

Last edited by ken grant; 12-04-2012 at 15:59..
ken grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 17:18   #16
oldsoldier

One day I'd had it with the FTRTB problems with a generation 3 G30SF. I tossed gun only in a box and mailed it to Glock with a letter requesting a new G30 since I considered the G30SF a POS. UPS dropped off a NIB G30 10 days later. Hard to beat that for customer service.

Last edited by oldsoldier; 12-04-2012 at 17:19..
oldsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote