Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-08-2012, 19:33   #1
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

What Tablet to buy for my ebay business??

Hello all! I own a few online retail business sites. I sell mainly on ebay. I'm looking to buy a tablet and was wondering which would serve me best. I don't know a whole lot about them. I would need it to work with my wireless HP printer too. Not looking to spend a fortune and I don't need it to drive a car for me, just a good basic tablet for selling on ebay (& checking email, etc..)... ***I would also like it to view more like a PC view than an app view (if possible).***

Any help is appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Joshhtn; 12-08-2012 at 19:37..
Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 20:09   #2
Happypuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhtn View Post
Hello all! I own a few online retail business sites. I sell mainly on ebay. I'm looking to buy a tablet and was wondering which would serve me best. I don't know a whole lot about them. I would need it to work with my wireless HP printer too. Not looking to spend a fortune and I don't need it to drive a car for me, just a good basic tablet for selling on ebay (& checking email, etc..)... ***I would also like it to view more like a PC view than an app view (if possible).***

Any help is appreciated!
At this point the ipad is the best bet due to the abundance of apps. I print to my HP wireless from mine using AirPrint. One of the advantages I liked was remote control of a PC as well and the ability to run apps on it , or troubleshoot the system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:04   #3
soulxfer

Best work tablet is the Microsoft Surface, no other tablet has a more complete OS and device and printer support. It also comes with office and usable keyboard, don't follow the crowd make your own opinion after using it.
soulxfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:45   #4
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
If you want to look at a Surface, I highly recommend getting your hands on one and trying it out before you spend the money. I've heard a lot of hate for Windows 8....

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 inch and I love it. It feels like a larger version of my phone and there's almost no learning curve if you've used an Android OS phone....
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by jpa; 12-08-2012 at 21:45..
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26   #5
Joshhtn
The eBay Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa View Post
If you want to look at a Surface, I highly recommend getting your hands on one and trying it out before you spend the money. I've heard a lot of hate for Windows 8....

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 inch and I love it. It feels like a larger version of my phone and there's almost no learning curve if you've used an Android OS phone....

Thanks for all the responses folks!... I was thinking the Galaxy may be my best bet, as I've had the original Galaxy Phone and now have the S3, so there would be no real learning curve. Going to take a good look at the Surface too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04   #6
JoeInKS

Can not beat the Apple platform iPads due to the tremendous app market present. The iOS employed is very mature and refined. The Android platform is getting much better thankfully and the current 4.2.1 Jelly Bean version is getting very good.

Sorry but you will pay a little more for the iPad but it is stills worth it. Especially consider getting one with a built-in cellular capability. Can't tell you the number of times that I have wound up using that feature. :-) Beats trying to do stuff on a smartphone by a longshot since there's no contract to wrestle with and so much more practical a size.
JoeInKS is offline   Reply With Quote