Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2013, 13:43   #1
arnettjd10

Carrying extra mags on the ankle???

Lately iv'e been debating with myself whether it would be better to carry a BUG (PM9) in my weak side pocket or to carry a extra mag for my G19 in the pocket. 2 guns are better than 1 but carrying the BUG would sacrifice about 10 rounds. I don't like the idea of ankle carry for a BUG but im thinking that i wouldn't mind carrying extra glock mags down there. I know it wouldn't be the fastest reload but its better to have the extra mags and be slow then to not have them at all. So does anybody know of any ankle holster made for just carrying extra mags? or has anybody tried this?
arnettjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 14:01   #2
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Some that ankle carry, put spare ammo, (mag or speed loader) on the opposite ankle for a "balanced carry".

Old 01-02-2013, 14:30   #3
dosei

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp...&CatalogID=294

http://www.desantisholster.com/store...nkle-Mag-Pouch
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 19:08   #4
Acujeff

The DeSantis Ankle Mag Carrier is ambidexterious and will hold the G19 or Kahr mags. It's very comfortable and secure. DeSantis also has ambi pocket mag carriers that work really well in the front pants pocket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 23:57   #5
Caver 60

I'd never thought about ankle carrying spare magazines before. I've considered ankle carry for a BUG, but rejected the idea for several reasons.

Ankle carrying a spare mag or two is an interesting concept. I might have to try that.

Thanks
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 00:31   #6
jack76590

If you are wearing an untucked garment to cover your primary gun why not carry mags on the weak side of the belt? This is what I do - Glock 26 IWB right side, two mags on left side of belt and airweight centennial in left side pocket in pocket holster by fist.

It is a lot faster to draw a spare mag from belt pouch than side pocket esp when kneeling.
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:43   #7
collim1
Shower Time!

If its not an a belt at around 11:00 where its easily accessible I'd rather have a BUG like a 442 in my pocket.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 17:10   #8
cowboy1964

Bad idea, IMO. You're far more likely to need a mag change with a Glock 19 due to dumping the mag (accidently or on purpose) or for clearing a jam than you will for running out of ammo. Think about the time and awkwardness of retrieving a mag from your ankle. Bad, BAD idea.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 01-03-2013 at 17:12..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote