Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:55   #501
kodiakpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
The original topic was solved. Someone either assembled or reassembled the firearm incorrectly and bent something. This is a subthread within this thread. It's probably a bit more obvious when you are using the threaded view than the linear view of the thread.
No the original topic is not solved. What you have is a speculation of how multiple improbable events could have happened simultaneously to cause the weapon to just go off by itself. This is exactly how internet rumors start and get perpetuated. People will take this as gospel then link it to quality control, then link that to their BTF issues. Nothing against the OP, but I don't buy it.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10   #502
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
No the original topic is not solved. What you have is a speculation of how multiple improbable events could have happened simultaneously to cause the weapon to just go off by itself. This is exactly how internet rumors start and get perpetuated. People will take this as gospel then link it to quality control, then link that to their BTF issues. Nothing against the OP, but I don't buy it.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15   #503
Bakercountyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDocsGlocks View Post
Best bet, don't keep a round in the chamber. I can draw my concealed G-27 and run in a round very easily. Takes two hands of course, but have had to do this once during a multiple pit bull dog attack against myself, my daughter, and my two Golden retrievers. I pulled, chambered a round, and fired one in the air in just a second or two, all while holding a scared dog on a leash. Practice, practice, practice.
Firing a round off in the air! That's real smart.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15   #504
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
Agreed and I don't think we will ever really know what happened to cause it,from either the O P or Glock . SJ 40
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20   #505
WilliamDahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
That wasn't really a question...(at least not a question that had more than one correct answer)...it was more of a reminder of the forum rules. Threads are suppose to stay on topic, tangent discussions are suppose to be taken elsewhere.
So, if you are at a party or bar and the group of people that you are with are talking about something and the discussion shifts to something else, do you ask them to go to another room?

Conversations morph and the fact that this one has not evolved into either a sex or politics topic yet is actually surprising. Besides, everyone is already invited to this party, why start a new one?

Last edited by WilliamDahl; 12-12-2012 at 11:25..
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22   #506
tonyparson

Quote:
So, if you are at a party or bar and the group of people that you are with are talking about something and the discussion shifts to something else, do you ask them to go to another room?

Conversations morph and the fact that this one has not evolved into either a sex or politics topic yet is actually surprising.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32   #507
dosei

Quote:

Conversations morph and the fact that this one has not evolved into either a sex or politics topic yet is actually surprising. Besides, everyone is already invited to this party, why start a new one?
By taking the topic to a thread of it's own, you keep things on topic within threads and make it easier for people to find answers to questions, or disscussions they wish to join. By your logic, GT should be one very, VERY, VERY, VERY long thread that meanders from one topic to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next...

...and that's why it is polite and proper to take tangent discussions to a new thread for that topic.

This is not a bar, it is a forum.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 12-12-2012 at 11:36..
Old 12-12-2012, 11:34   #508
Southwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
Agreed and I don't think we will ever really know what happened to cause it,from either the O P or Glock . SJ 40
I'm not sure what you guys are saying. Are you saying that a bent firing pin block spring and a sear that didn't have proper contact with the firing pin lug doesn't explain how an AD could happen or are you saying that we will never know how they came to be in that condition?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:59   #509
00Glazz

Ok, talked to a Glock rep today. Glock replaced multiple parts. They informed me that it looked as if their was a trigger job done to it at some point in time. No other info from them on the issue though. I definitely did not do this...so it is for sure used. They said I should have my pistol back in 2 days though! So that is a plus.

So at this point in time I think I need to begin dealing with Fin Feather Fur in Ashland about selling me a used weapon as new.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:03   #510
dosei

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaspel View Post
Ok, talked to a Glock rep today. Glock replaced multiple parts. They informed me that it looked as if their was a trigger job done to it at some point in time. No other info from them on the issue though. I definitely did not do this...so it is for sure used. They said I should have my pistol back in 2 days though! So that is a plus.

So at this point in time I think I need to begin dealing with Fin Feather Fur in Ashland about selling me a used weapon as new.
You do need to address the issue with the seller. If they blow you off, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Glock can tell you where that gun went to when it left the factory. There is a paper trail for it on file with the BATF that the store cannot make go away.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 12-12-2012 at 12:09..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:08   #511
SJ 40

Quote:

By calling and talking with them you did yourself and all of us posters a service. Because I'm sure the only paper work with Glocks name on it will say replaced parts, meets specs.
Although I have been wrong a time or two before.
When you get the gun back would be the time to discuss it with the dealer you purchased it from. SJ 40
Old 12-12-2012, 12:15   #512
clarkz71

Quote:

Ask Glock to put all that info in writing.
What they replaced, etc.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-12-2012, 12:18   #513
tonyparson

Quote:
By taking the topic to a thread of it's own, you keep things on topic within threads and make it easier for people to find answers to questions, or disscussions they wish to join. By your logic, GT should be one very, VERY, VERY, VERY long thread that meanders from one topic to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next...

...and that's why it is polite and proper to take tangent discussions to a new thread for that topic.

You do know your doing what your complaining about.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:20   #514
SARDG

Quote:
You do need to address the issue with the seller. If they blow you off, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau...
BBB is a useless entity with no power to actually resolve issues. You should have a State Attorney General, Office of the Consumer Protector (or equivalent). That may get the LGS's attention better.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:21   #515
ThinkMud

Wow, so the "new" gun you purchased is proven to be used (or someone at the shop jacked it up).

I'd be so pissed, not sure what I'd do! This could have ended so much worse, you truly did get lucky it went off when it did, how it did and where it did. I smell a huge lawsuit, or at least try to get that store's FFL taken away or suspended or something! That is scary stuff right there man!

-Semper Fi
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24   #516
ItsOnlyMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDocsGlocks View Post
I pulled, chambered a round, and fired one in the air in just a second or two, all while holding a scared dog on a leash. Practice, practice, practice.

Truly unbelievable

Last edited by ItsOnlyMoney; 12-12-2012 at 12:26..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26   #517
WilliamDahl

Quote:
By taking the topic to a thread of it's own, you keep things on topic within threads and make it easier for people to find answers to questions, or disscussions they wish to join. By your logic, GT should be one very, VERY, VERY, VERY long thread that meanders from one topic to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next to the next... Hell, I would hazard to guess EVERYTHING has potential faults -- even something as devoid of moving parts as a bowling ball.

In this topic, you have had the typical large number Glock advocates who say that the OP *must* have put his finger on the trigger. It's like their first assumption is that the problem *must* be the fault of the user. Others may criticize the Glock design. As it appears, it is neither, but rather it appears that someone along the way reassembled the firearm incorrectly. We'll probably never know who did it, but the important thing to know is that it is entirely possible to do so and it has the potential for a disastrous result. Luckily, in the OP's case, it was nothing that a bit of sheetrock mud and paint couldn't fix.

Unfortunately, all to often, it seems that when someone wants a poster to move a side topic to a new topic, they are disagreeing with some part of the discussion, but can't rebut it. Is this just a case of you being offended when I state that the normal Glock carrying condition is C0 and is only marginally safer than a M1911 in C0? I own a Glock... I carry a Glock... But I don't blindly think that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and doesn't have any potential faults...

Hell, I would hazard to guess that anything with more moving parts than a bowling ball has at least *some* potential for faults. Anything mechanical can fail and for someone to blindly think that just because it is made by one particular manufacturer or another would just be deluding yourself.

Last edited by WilliamDahl; 12-12-2012 at 13:20..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:37   #518
LampShadeActual

Just to make sure this thread covers everything, the OP did say he had a girlfriend. By definition of he and girlfriend, there are multiple sexes involved. So there. It is covered. With a bit of spackle and paint, a nice dinner, and a REBUILT Glock, perhaps domestic tranquility can resume. BS over. Actual points follow:

Point: Nice to hear from Glock.

Point: This was a used gun or else a clerk practiced trigger jobs.

Point: Glock is fixing it as they would fix almost anything that came in unsafe. If it could not be made safe, they would not send it back.

Point: Somewhere, a long time ago, maybe 400 posts or more, it was clear that in order for the OP's discharge to happen a long chain had to occur mechanically. It now appears that some idjit managed to initiate all steps of the chain involving the trigger bar, the firing pin, and the firing pin safety. A good bounce-de-bounce and it goes bang. The only clue observable in advance, to an unskilled user, would be a lighter shorter trigger pull and even then it might be hard to know.

Point: While the OP took some crap, I appreciate him standing up, finding out what happened, and not getting PO'd in frustration. Thank you.

Point: I drive by FF&F on I-71 from time to time. I have never stopped and now know there is no reason to.

Last edited by LampShadeActual; 12-12-2012 at 12:42..
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42   #519
00Glazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
Ask Glock to put all that info in writing.
What they replaced, etc.

I talked to the rep somewhat about my situation and she said that they would be able to pull any warranty info/original retailer info etc if needed. She also said that there would be a copy of the work order etc in the package for me. So I am hoping it has more than a simple "we fixed it" type deal.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:49   #520
00Glazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LampShadeActual View Post
Just to make sure this thread covers everything, the OP did say he had a girlfriend. By definition of he and girlfriend, there are multiple sexes involved. So there. It is covered. With a bit of spackle and paint, a nice dinner, and a REBUILT Glock, perhaps domestic tranquility can resume. BS over. Actual points follow:

Point: Nice to hear from Glock.

Point: This was a used gun or else a clerk practiced trigger jobs.

Point: Glock is fixing it as they would fix almost anything that came in unsafe. If it could not be made safe, they would not send it back.

Point: Somewhere, a long time ago, maybe 400 posts or more, it was clear that in order for the OP's discharge to happen a long chain had to occur mechanically. It now appears that some idjit managed to initiate all steps of the chain involving the trigger bar, the firing pin, and the firing pin safety. A good bounce-de-bounce and it goes bang. The only clue observable in advance, to an unskilled user, would be a lighter shorter trigger pull and even then it might be hard to know.

Point: While the OP took some crap, I appreciate him standing up, finding out what happened, and not getting PO'd in frustration. Thank you.

Point: I drive by FF&F on I-71 from time to time. I have never stopped and now know there is no reason to.

^^^ This sums it up very nicely! Much appreciated post LampShadeActual. I am now just trying to figure out why FF&F BS'ed me and going to see how they make it right. I definitely will not be doing business with them after this. Atleast now everyone knows about their business practices.

Sidenote- The girlfriend is very happy with me. After I spackled/painted the living room wall, I was charged with touching up other areas that needed re-painted as well. lol.

Last edited by 00Glazz; 12-12-2012 at 12:52..

Closed Thread