Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 21:42   #401
PA Wizard

tagged
Old 12-09-2012, 21:59   #402
Jake Starr

Quote:
I hope that you have practiced racking a round with one hand.
Every day. It is part of my religion of OMAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpatriot
BG's love guys like you
Yeah, they are Volunteers for me. Not a problem.

The Christian faith is in no way pacifistic.
Old 12-09-2012, 23:54   #403
WilliamDahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
The training we go through with the Glock describes the conditions as:

Condition 3: No loaded magazine in the magazine well, no round in the chamber.

Condition 2: Loaded magazine placed in magazine well, no round in the chamber.

Condition 1: A round in the chamber, with or without a loaded magazine in the magazine well.
I"m not sure we should be redefining the Conditions for the different firearms. It's entirely possible that a particular firearm might not have a particular Condition or maybe it could even have other Conditions.

In my opinion, your Condition 1 is the same as Condition 0 with the M1911. All it takes with either is to pull the trigger to make the firearm fire. Yeah, there's the trigger safety, but that doesn't really count since if you have your finger in there and pull the trigger, you're going to automatically disable the trigger safety. So, a Glock has a Condition 0, no Condition 1. no Condition 2, a Condition 3, and a Condition 4. Because of the slightly heavier trigger pull, the Glock is a bit safer in Condition 0 than a M1911, but it's not as safe as a heavy trigger pull DAO revolver or semii-auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
The Condition relates to the number of actions it takes to fire the gun.
Condition 0 -- All you need to do is pull the trigger to make it fire. That describes the normal carrying condition of the Glock to me.

Condition 1 -- You need to disable a safety and then pull the trigger to make it fire. This just does not exist on a Glock.

Condition 2 -- With the M1911, this consists of cocking the hammer and then pulling the trigger to make it fire, but the grip safety is probably counted as the 3rd operation that you must engage since the thumb safety is not necessarily an option on all M1911s when the firearm is not cocked. There's not really a way to put the Glock in this Condition.

Condition 3 -- I don't really see there being 4 operations with this Condition. With the M1911, this consists of pulling back the slide to load a round and pulling the trigger. If you include the grip safety, maybe you could classify this as 3 operations, but definitely not 4.

Condition 4 -- Put a mag in the gun, pull back slide to load new round (or if slide is locked back, press slide release button), pull trigger... 3 operations, maybe 4 if you include the grip safety, but definitely not 5.

So, I don't think that the Condition number is the exact number of operations that must be performed to result in a round being fired, but it does give a general level of things that must occur for it to happen and the relative safety of it as compared to the other levels.

Last edited by WilliamDahl; 12-10-2012 at 00:10..
Old 12-10-2012, 04:42   #404
clarkz71

General Glocking . I just use condition Glock. Draw, fire.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-10-2012, 13:44   #405
ipscshooter
Mostly IDPA now

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that
understands that under stress we need every
advantage in reaction time if confronted with
a threat. I know I can draw & fire quicker
then drawing, racking the slide & then firing.
I'm with you one this one, and have to DISAGREE with Jake Starr.

I carry with one in the chamber, whether it's Glock, 1911, or whatever gun I have at the time. "Speed is economy of motion" - J. Michael Plaxco, and adding racking the slide is not economy of motion.

I'm not willing to bet my life on it working out every time like it does in practice. How many times has Jake screwed it up, and only remembers the good times?

What you can do when you are expecting it and prepared is a lot different than when suprised and under stress. I have seen many "pistoleros" at competitions, including national events, try to rack one in the chamber and screw it up for various reasons.
NRA Life,USPSA Life,IDPA Member

Last edited by ipscshooter; 12-10-2012 at 13:47..
Old 12-10-2012, 14:04   #406
clarkz71

General Glocking
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-10-2012, 15:25   #407
PhotoFeller

Quote:

Carrying a CCW in cond 3 is plain stupid. You have seconds
to draw & fire, having to chamber a round can get you killed.
This thread isn't about carry condition, but since you're in the mood to use 'stupid' to describe something you disagree with, let me say this: I'll bet you've never been within one mile of a gunfight in progress.

You speak with such great authority about a subject you're only pretending to be expert in. Repeating words you've read here and elsewhere doesn't make you anything but a parrot with a gun.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 12-10-2012 at 15:30..
Old 12-10-2012, 15:37   #408
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
This thread isn't about carry condition, but since you're in the mood to use 'stupid' to describe something you disagree with, let me say this: I'll bet you've never been within one mile of a gunfight in progress.

You speak with such great authority about a subject you're only pretending to be expert in. Repeating words you've read here and elsewhere doesn't make you anything but a parrot with a gun.
You don't have to be an expert to know carrying a gun chambered is a lot better then carrying a gun not chambered.

Last edited by tonyparson; 12-10-2012 at 15:39..
Old 12-10-2012, 15:38   #409
clarkz71

Quote:

Well you are entitled to your opinion and as a fellow Republican
I defend your right to express it. .General Glocking

You're also correct I've never been close enough to any
gunfight to even hear the shots and hope I never will be.

But I do my best to be prepared if I ever have to protect
myself or loved ones if need be.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-10-2012, 16:00   #410
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Well you are entitled to your opinion and as a fellow Republican
I defend your right to express it. .General Glocking

You're also correct I've never been close enough to any
gunfight to even hear the shots and hope I never will be.

But I do my best to be prepared if I ever have to protect
myself or loved ones if need be.
You are entitled to CC any way you like, and I have no quarrel with your choice of carry condition, your weapon choice or any aspect of your self defense methods. Be prepared as you see fit. It's even constructive when you defend your decisions and opinions here with facts you believe to be compelling.

I appreciate the tenor of your reply. I hope to swap ideas with you again.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 12-11-2012 at 00:33..
Old 12-10-2012, 17:35   #411
tnpatriot

Barney Fife carried one bullet in his pocket. That's only slighly slower than condition 3, but it's the same idea. Don't be a Barney
Old 12-10-2012, 18:17   #412
Chigurh

This thread is the best and worst of the internet, and forums: some useful information, and a lot of idiots lashing out from their lairs of ignorance.
Let's just wait to hear what the OP learns from Glock, such as it may be.
Sorry.
Old 12-10-2012, 18:17   #413
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpatriot View Post
Barney Fife carried one bullet in his pocket. That's only slighly slower than condition 3, but it's the same idea. Don't be a Barney
I'd rather be Barney than Goofy! Grow up, lad, and go do your homework.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 12-10-2012 at 20:17..
Old 12-10-2012, 18:56   #414
hunter 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaspel View Post
Yep I got my glock from Fin Feather Fur in Ashland Ohio.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I bought a pistol from that store drove 2 hours home found it was way out of time , if fact refused to lock on one cylinder ---
took it back , told them to take it back -- they said no , I told them throw it in their dumpster it was a CC purchase and I was disputing the charge . They took it and put it back on the display case for sale again .. never again will I go there . Place is a shadow of what it used to be in the old store .
Old 12-10-2012, 19:23   #415
Chigurh

"lairs of ignorance" was a misspeak. Meant to say "lairs of anger"
As Dennis Miller said " if only the internet had more angry people who thought other people cared about what they had to say".
It would be great if every angry jacked up post one makes to another, put them in the same room, with that other.
Old 12-10-2012, 20:16   #416
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
This thread is the best and worst of the internet, and forums: some useful information, and a lot of idiots lashing out from their lairs of ignorance.
Sorry.
Well said, and spot on.
Old 12-10-2012, 20:45   #417
1canvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
Sorry.
I wonder how many calls Glock gets in a year with people saying the gun just went bang all by itself.
Old 12-10-2012, 22:20   #418
00Glazz

Hunter 111 WOW, that sucks. At least you got your money back!

I am still waiting on Glock, I am not surprised it is taking so long with the holidays and all though. Really hoping they get to it before Christmas etc.... Anybody ever have crazy wait times with them before??
Also thanks again to all the people who are having an honest discussion about this. Not just giving me flak etc. I really appreciate it! I am thinking I should probably edit my first post in this thread with the findings, so we don't have people still coming in and thinking its the serpa, or I somehow fubar'd something. Lol.
Old 12-10-2012, 22:22   #419
00Glazz

On a good sidenote though, I just got a for real NEW Glock 26 for a great deal So now I have another glock to carry. I also went and bought 2 nice Galco holsters for it as well as some pearce extensions!
Old 12-10-2012, 22:39   #420
WilliamDahl

Quote:
I would hazard to guess that if this thread was restricted to those of us who have either been shot or have shot someone else, it would be a lot less active thread. Some of us gained that experience in the military, some of us gained that experience in private life, and some of us are unlucky enough to have gained that experience in both places. As they say, "life sucks, but the alternative is not all that great either"...

We should learn from the mistakes in life of others and not insist on making those mistakes for ourselves.

Closed Thread