Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 13:09   #361
jdr43

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamDahl View Post
Once you get lawyers involved in things, BOTH parties lose...

The store can claim that the customer must have disassembled the firearm for cleaning and damaged it when it put it back together or that it came from Glock that way.
If Glock can show that the gun was ownrd by someone else by checking the S/N that would be the end of the story fot the store. I would think.
Old 12-08-2012, 13:24   #362
njl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr43 View Post
If Glock can show that the gun was ownrd by someone else by checking the S/N that would be the end of the story fot the store. I would think.
I don't think Glock would have any way of knowing for sure if someone else owned it unless they'd sent in the warranty registration card.

Glock sells guns to distributors. AFAIK, stores, depending on their size, either order directly from Glock or from above mentioned distributors. Once Glock sells a gun to a distributor, I doubt they have any idea what happens to it.

I doubt the ATF would care either. I don't see that form 4473 has any place to enter whether a firearm is being sold to a non-FFL for the first time...they just want the buyer's ID info, the seller's ID/FFL info, and a description (make/model) of the firearm(s) being transferred.

But selling a used firearm as new is fraud. If it was modified and safeties disabled by a prior owner, and then resold as new, that's even worse, and a practice that store needs to stop doing (if they are doing it).
Old 12-08-2012, 15:12   #363
clarkz71

Somethings wrong with a 2 year old test fire date.

I bought my G23 in August, test fire date was late March, 2012
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-08-2012, 15:35   #364
WilliamDahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by njl View Post
I doubt the ATF would care either.
This ATF is not in the business of ensuring that we have quality firearms (which probably is the only thing that they *should* be doing to justify their very existence). They are in the business of unconstitutionally infringing upon our 2nd Amendment guaranteed RIGHTS.
Old 12-08-2012, 15:37   #365
WilliamDahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
Somethings wrong with a 2 year old test fire date.

I bought my G23 in August, test fire date was late March, 2012
Maybe, maybe not... Sometimes items get pulled from the top of the stack instead of the bottom... FILO queue -- First In, Last Out... Or LIFO queue -- Last In, First Out... Depending upon which way you want to look at it...

Last edited by WilliamDahl; 12-08-2012 at 15:43..
Old 12-08-2012, 15:40   #366
SCmasterblaster

What a strange accident. I would jettison the holster. Keep the G23 - there's nothing wrong with it.
Old 12-08-2012, 16:03   #367
dosei

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Do you recall why the striker "pre-load" was originally designed to "fire a round if released"? Thanks.
From another discussion in another thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
By preloading the striker, the overall striker travel that must be generated by the trigger can be greatly reduced. Since the striker now does not need to travel very far, the trigger can be designed with more mechanical advantage resulting in a trigger that travels a littler farther than the striker (the movement ratio is not 1:1) but also does not impart the full spring pressure to the trigger finger of the operator (as the VP70 did). Gaston studied various firearm designs that had "precock" or "halfcock" positions for the hammer and found that many of them did have the hammer cocked enough to fire if released from that position. Gaston documented these designs and designed the Glock to have a little less preload than the firearms he found to have the greatest preloaded condition. He was quite resolute in his belief that the Glock could never possibly fire unless the trigger was being pulled. And if the trigger is being pulled then obviously someone wants the gun to fire...needs the gun to fire. So if some type of failure were to occur while the trigger was being pulled, resulting in the striker being released early, the gun would still fire (and potentially save the life of the user). Gaston knew that for the gun to find it's way into the majority of LEO's holsters (remember, this was back in 1982) it would need to be listed as a DA trigger by the BATF. So he designed the most "un-DA" trigger he could yet still be just within an arguable "DA" trigger design.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
Old 12-08-2012, 16:25   #368
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
From another discussion in another thread...
Thanks, dosei. Good explanation. The way Gaston designed the striker pre-load was pretty smart if there could actually be a malfunction during trigger pull that would interfere with normal striker operation. I'm not smart enough to know what might cause such a malfunction. Gaston was a savvy guy.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 12-08-2012 at 16:40..
Old 12-08-2012, 17:59   #369
SARDG

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not... Sometimes items get pulled from the top of the stack instead of the bottom... FILO queue -- First In, Last Out... Or LIFO queue -- Last In, First Out... Depending upon which way you want to look at it...
Like bread in a grocery store, the smart merchant uses FIFO on any product.
Old 12-08-2012, 18:16   #370
clarkz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
That's how I see it.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-08-2012, 19:05   #371
jmak

Lowjiber, I have the same setup with the M&P 9 and a Sherpa. This is bothersome.
Old 12-08-2012, 19:32   #372
Hawaiiglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaspel View Post
My Glock was made October of 2010 from the date code I got from Glock.
Also, They have not got into looking at my pistol yet. Just figured I would update you all!

I live on an island in the middle of the pacific and all the Glocks I have bought have had a test fire date no earlier than 3 months from date of purchase (I bought a 21c in June, test fire date was 5-11-12). Something seems fishy, how was the condition of the sticker on the box?
Old 12-08-2012, 20:25   #373
NEVRL8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiglock View Post
I live on an island in the middle of the pacific and all the Glocks I have bought have had a test fire date no earlier than 3 months from date of purchase (I bought a 21c in June, test fire date was 5-11-12). Something seems fishy, how was the condition of the sticker on the box?
On the other hand, I live in Arkansas where just about everyone totes a weapon of some kind. I bought my 21SF two weeks ago from a local, major dealer and my test fire date was 3/2012. Either way, a two year old test fire dated gun does seem fishy.
Old 12-08-2012, 23:27   #374
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Firearms are a bit different than bread and other perishables with respect to shelf life. Still, FIFO makes perfect sense for guns, too. It avoids having a gun in inventory for a long time past it's date of manufacture.
Old 12-09-2012, 00:01   #375
WilliamDahl

Quote:
Firearms are a bit different than bread and other perishables with respect to shelf life. Still, FIFO makes perfect sense for guns, too. It avoids having a gun in inventory for a long time past it's date of manufacture.
At my local sporting goods chain store, the handguns are kept in a large safe. It's packed pretty full and I have to suspect that the minimum wage kid that works behind the counter just grabs the first one that he sees and doesn't care whether it is the gun that has been in inventory the longest or not.
Old 12-09-2012, 00:12   #376
SARDG

Quote:
At my local sporting goods chain store, the handguns are kept in a large safe. It's packed pretty full and I have to suspect that the minimum wage kid that works behind the counter just grabs the first one that he sees and doesn't care whether it is the gun that has been in inventory the longest or not.
I suppose that would depend on the affectiveness of management.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54   #377
humanguerrilla

Another thing scary about the Serpa,
in class failure of Serpa in a SouthNarc class:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=1155868233001

Last edited by humanguerrilla; 12-09-2012 at 04:55..
Old 12-09-2012, 05:22   #378
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanguerrilla View Post
Another thing scary about the Serpa,
in class failure of Serpa in a SouthNarc class:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=1155868233001
That is crazy..

Just give me the good old fashioned thumb break.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56   #379
clarkz71

Quote:
Quote:
I believe the post states FIFO on ALL items. The words used
were, "the smart merchant uses FIFO on any product"

Bread being one example.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30   #380
Jake Starr

Quote:
So what does your post have to do with the subject to THIS thread? "NOTHING"
Not so. It has everything to do with this thread. One of the reason for C3 carry is the topic of the thread. An AD regardless of user or mechanical failure. If this gun had been in C3 there would have been no AD.

Quote:
Well you brought it up so...........

Mr. Bad Guy, please wait for me to chamber a round before
you draw down on me. .
And as to the tactical soundness of C1 vs C3 that has already been dealt with in other threads. So the point is moot. If a BG already has his gun drawn and on you neither C1 nor C3 matters. Action beats reaction.

The Christian faith is in no way pacifistic.

Last edited by Jake Starr; 12-09-2012 at 08:33..

Closed Thread