Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:27   #341
G-19

Unless someone messed with the internals of the OP's gun, I see no possible way for it to "just went off". How was it Lubed? Could the insides be gummed up with grease or something? Has the trigger housing been tampered with? Even if the firing pin slipped off the cruciform, how would the firing pin get past the firing pin safety without the trigger being pulled? Something just does not add up here.

I believe there is more to the story. I have heard of issues with the Blackhawk holsters. I did not go thru all 340 posts, did the OP ever post pics of the internals of the gun?

Last edited by G-19; 12-08-2012 at 08:36..
Old 12-08-2012, 07:41   #342
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-19 View Post
Unless someone messed with the internals of the OP's gun, I see no possible way for it to "just went off". How was it Lubed? Could the insides be gummed up with grease or something? Has the trigger housing been tampered with? Even if the firing pin slipped off the fulcrum, how would the firing pin get past the firing pin safety without the trigger being pulled? Something just does not add up here.

I believe there is more to the story. I have heard of issues with the Blackhawk holsters. I did not go thru all 340 posts, did the OP ever post pics of the internals of the gun?
No but he is shipping it to Glock,we just have to wait as does the OP for it to return and Glock's findings. SJ 40
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45   #343
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Starr View Post
This thread is a good example of a reason why some people opt for C3 carry.

So the bad guy has one in the pipe, what does that have to do with the subject of this tread? Nothing.
So what does your post have to do with the subject to THIS thread? "NOTHING"

Last edited by tonyparson; 12-08-2012 at 07:46..
Old 12-08-2012, 08:07   #344
clarkz71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Starr View Post
This thread is a good example of a reason why some people opt for C3 carry.

So the bad guy has one in the pipe, what does that have to do with the subject of this tread? Nothing.
Well you brought it up so...........

Mr. Bad Guy, please wait for me to chamber a round before
you draw down on me. .General Glocking
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-08-2012, 08:37   #345
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
No but he is shipping it to Glock,we just have to wait as does the OP for it to return and Glock's findings. SJ 40
How about aftermarket parts?

Last edited by G-19; 12-08-2012 at 08:38..
Old 12-08-2012, 08:50   #346
G-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaspel View Post
Hey again guys!

OK so due to the amount of questions and responses it is hard for me to respond to them all, so I apologize if I miss some of them! Also I have been at work all day so no way to post until now.

Anyways, SO took it to a SECOND Glock Armorer today, and thank goodness I did, I now have an answer,

#1- Firing pin block spring was bent, not straight like it should have been!!!

#2 The "sear" is not engaging the lug on the firing pin assembly properly!!

He says that since both of these issues are there, that It is highly likely that the pistol fired from the "half cocked" position. Obviously I am now having him ship this to GLOCK to correct this issue immediately. This is pretty ridiculous that a brand new pistol had these MAJOR defects. I am sure Glock will make it right though.

I have fired the pistol before and never had an issue with it, so IDK how this had not fired while in the holster before....I am just extremely thankful it didnt hurt myself or anyone else!!

Very thankful to a fellow poster here that told me to specifically have my armorer look at these parts closely!!
Ok I read some moe of the posts and see that the issue was found. It was a situation were someone was messing with the internals.

Last edited by G-19; 12-08-2012 at 08:50..
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58   #347
SJ 40

Quote:
Ok I read some moe of the posts and see that the issue was found. It was a situation were someone was messing with the internals.
Except for the fact that what the O P supposedly purchased a new Glock and that may or may not be the case,have to wait and see. SJ 40
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04   #348
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Me, too. I missed that post with findings of damage.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:11   #349
Java Junky

Somebody should thumbtack this thread on'a inside'a the site outhouse door.
I'd never heard the business about suspicions of, or shying away from, Serpas.
Whew! Like a few've already said: thank God nobody got hurt OP.
'Just as anxious as everybody to see if'a culprit is discovered.

Last edited by Java Junky; 12-08-2012 at 09:11..
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01   #350
00Glazz

My Glock was made October of 2010 from the date code I got from Glock.
Also, They have not got into looking at my pistol yet. Just figured I would update you all!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:16   #351
greeneggsandsam

Quote:
Also, They have not got into looking at my pistol yet. Just figured I would update you all!
the likelihood of that gun being new and sitting on the LGS' shelf for two years is not likely in my opinion. that probably means that the gun was used..

OP, was wondering if you're going to post pics of the wall or holster? I'm curious to see
Old 12-08-2012, 11:01   #352
njl

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloglock19 View Post
Please let us know what Glock says when you get some feedback from them. One thing for sure is that I would be counting my lucky stars, blessings etc. The gun could have gone off at any time and could have hurt, maimed or killed. Glad the outcome was favorable and all that will be needed is some spackling and fresh paint!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
In my experience Glock won't say anything. They'll replace the FP safety/spring and trigger bar and pronounce the pistol good as new (better than new in this case). That is pretty scary that a new Glock came with a defective FP safety and insufficient trigger bar / FP lug engagement. The latter, IIRC, was an issue they flirted with many years ago and produced special trigger bars to be used in the affected pistols. I haven't heard of any recent cases of it.

I'm curious...if you haven't shipped the gun off yet, with the slide removed, does the FP safety plunger move freely or tend to bind in the depressed position?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:15   #353
njl

Quote:
I had a conversation today with one of my buddies that had worked at the store I purchased from, He said that a lot of the times, if they get a pistol on trade that is basically brand new looking and has everything as new, they will sell it as new. Not used.

They also said that depending on who checks the pistols in and logs them, that they will take them apart and clean all the copper lube etc out of them ahead of time. He made it sound like it was a personal choice of that particular employee that did this.

As far as tinkering with them, he said he had never seen anyone do that, but it wouldn't be a surprise to him if that were the case.....

So I at this point am wondering if they sold me a "NEW" gun that wasnt quite new, or somehow got put with the NEW pistols instead of the used pistols. This G23 definitely looked Brand New In Box to me. It was definitely sold to me as a Brand New Glock 23.
This store is starting to sound kind of shady.

Did your gun come with a Glock box, sealed envelope of papers, sealed small envelope with 2 fired casings in it (envelope would be dated indicating when it was test fired at the factory, which would also be a reasonably good indication of when it was manufactured), cleaning rod and clean (new) cleaning brush, and of course the mags and loader?

If you had an A/D with a used gun sold as new that a previous owner had screwed with (and made unsafe), it might be worth talking to a lawyer about demanding the store replace your gun with one that's really new, and reimburse you for whatever expenses you incurred in fixing you wall (and attorney's fees). If you were so inclined and found the right ambulance chaser, you could probably go after the store for considerably more...but that would depend on you being able to prove they sold you a used gun represented as a new gun.

I've had different experiences in different shops. Some sell new Glocks that have been opened and messed with in various ways. i.e. my G30SF bought new from a stocking dealer participating in the GSSF pistol program was open, sitting in the display case, and had an aftermarket basepad on one of its mags. The shop where I bought my G21SF (also GSSF pistol program) only considers a Glock "new" if it's still sealed in the box. When I was buying the G21SF, I asked it I could open the box and have a look at it while they did the paperwork, and was told "no, if you open it and something goes wrong with the purchase, we can't sell it as new because it's been opened." That was a minor annoyance...but at least with that shop, you know if they sell you a new Glock, it's new and still in the factory sealed case.

Last edited by njl; 12-08-2012 at 13:10..
Old 12-08-2012, 11:27   #354
njl

Quote:
At the speed Glocks move through most larger dealers, I seriously doubt you just recently bought a "new" G23 made over 2 years ago. The shop should have records showing where that gun came from (i.e. who they bought it from before they resold it to you).
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32   #355
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by njl View Post
This store is starting to sound kind of shady.

Did your gun come with a Glock box, sealed envelope of papers, sealed small envelope with 2 fired casings in it (envelope would be dated indicating when it was test fired at the factory, which would also be a reasonably good indication of when it was manufactured), cleaning rod and clean (new) cleaning brush, and of course the mags and loader?

If you had an A/D with a used gun sold as new that a previous owner had screwed with (and made unsafe), it might be worth talking to a lawyer about demanding the store replace your gun with one that's really new, and reimburse you for whatever expensed you incurred in fixing you wall (and attorney's fees). If you were so inclined and found the right ambulance chaser, you could probably go after the store for considerably more...but that would depend on you being able to prove they sold you a used gun represented as a new gun.

I've had different experiences in different shops. Some sell new Glocks that have been opened and messed with in various ways. i.e. my G30SF bought new from a stocking dealer participating in the GSSF pistol program was open, sitting in the display case, and had an aftermarket basepad on one of its mags. The shop where I bought my G21SF (also GSSF pistol program) only considers a Glock "new" if it's still sealed in the box. When I was buying the G21SF, I asked it I could open the box and have a look at it while they did the paperwork, and was told "no, if you open it and something goes wrong with the purchase, we can't sell it as new because it's been opened." That was a minor annoyance...but at least with that shop, you know if they sell you a new Glock, it's new and still in the factory sealed case.
I wouldn't think he would even need a lawyer if it turned out the gun was used. All he would have to do is tell the shop that if they didn't replace the gun,he would drop a dime to the BATF. SJ 40
Old 12-08-2012, 11:39   #356
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:

But what we can all agree on is if the gun is sold to person A, who then takes it home and later (days, months, whatever) brings it back to the store, it is no longer new when person B buys it
Old 12-08-2012, 11:54   #357
PattonT

I really don't think the fact a gun shop sells a used gun as new would even concern the BATF as long as the paperwork was accurate.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55   #358
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
But what we can all agree on is if the gun is sold to person A, who then takes it home and later (days, months, whatever) brings it back to the store, it is no longer new when person B buys it
Correct,a gun is only new once,even if purchased yesterday taken home,Never fired and returned today it's a Used Gun forever more. SJ 40
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50   #359
WilliamDahl

Quote:
If you had an A/D with a used gun sold as new that a previous owner had screwed with (and made unsafe), it might be worth talking to a lawyer about demanding the store replace your gun with one that's really new, and reimburse you for whatever expensed you incurred in fixing you wall (and attorney's fees). If you were so inclined and found the right ambulance chaser, you could probably go after the store for considerably more...but that would depend on you being able to prove they sold you a used gun represented as a new gun.
Once you get lawyers involved in things, BOTH parties lose...

The store can claim that the customer must have disassembled the firearm for cleaning and damaged it when he put it back together or that it came from Glock that way.

Last edited by WilliamDahl; 12-08-2012 at 15:32..
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50   #360
crsuribe
10mm Auto

Man i would still have the pistol checked by Glock just to be safe, maybe they will replace the trigger mechanism or something just to be on the safe side, just my 2 cents but id definitely have it checked anyway.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

*I love USA*

Closed Thread