Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:40   #1
trlcavscout

+1/+2 for G30

I keep searching but all I get is hundreds or threads about G30's, of course searching is more difficult on my phone. Does anyone make a +1/+2 magazine base plate for the G30? i have the 1/4" +0 extensions now but would be interested in adding capacity.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25   #2
DannyR

Just get a G21 magazine and an A&G grip sleeve.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28   #3
GRT45
Transform & Win

This post will give you all the combinations I've tested and recommend. Wide Variety of Magazine Options for Glock 30.

I want to add one caution to the info in the link above. While the Pearce +2 or Scherer +2 will install on the G30 10-rnd mag, do not use that config. The manufacturers warn they are not intended for the G30 mags. I'll go beyond that and state that using them on the 10-rnd mag can have disastrous consequences. I've tested it with the Pearce +2 on the G30 10-rnd mag and found that the mag follower "tips over" at the bottom of the fully-loaded mag and jams against the mag wall, rendering the mag useless. It's a very serious failure since there is no outward indication that the loaded mag is disabled until you shoot the pistol. One round loads from the mag and the pistol stops.

: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 01-26-2013 at 11:30..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:33   #4
trlcavscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Just get a G21 magazine and an A&G grip sleeve.
I did pick some up off here at a fair price, just due to the cost of them right now, extensions are an economic alternative.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:37   #5
MikeG36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post
This post will give you all the combinations I've tested and recommend. Wide Variety of Magazine Options for Glock 30.
The heck with that post...... Read the whole thread! All kinds of great G30 / G30-SF info posted there.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1#post18969831
MikeG36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:38   #6
trlcavscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT45 View Post

I want to add one caution to the info in the link above. While the Pearce +2 or Scherer +2 will install on the G30 10-rnd mag, do not use that config. The manufacturers warn they are not intended for the G30 mags. I'll go beyond that and state that using them on the 10-rnd mag can have disastrous consequences. I've tested it with the Pearce +2 on the G30 10-rnd mag and found that the mag follower "tips over" at the bottom of the fully-loaded mag and jams against the mag wall, rendering the mag useless. It's a very serious failure since there is no outward indication that the loaded mag is disabled until you shoot the pistol. One round loads from the mag and the pistol stops.
So if I have the 10rd G30 mags there's no reliable +1/+2?
Old 01-26-2013, 11:41   #7
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlcavscout View Post
So if I have the 10rd G30 mags there's no reliable +1/+2?
Correct.

The Pearce +2 functioned reliably for me on the G30 optional 9-rnd mag. In theory, the combination is an 11-rnd mag, but read the footnote in the linked post before proceeding down that path. Your results could differ from my experience with that config.

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,

Last edited by GRT45; 01-26-2013 at 12:12..
Old 01-26-2013, 11:43   #8
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG36 View Post
The heck with that post...... Read the whole thread! All kinds of great G30 / G30-SF info posted there.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1#post18969831
Thanks for the endorsement! That is my G30 library thread where I store the master doc and linked documents that start from the link in my signature line below.

GLOCK Certified Armorer,
Member,
Old 01-26-2013, 11:50   #9
trlcavscout

Good read guys thanks!
Old 01-26-2013, 11:56   #10
njl

The past few months, I've been shooting my G30SF with G21 mags. Back before the panic, I was able to find G21 mags for cheap, but nobody ever had deals on G30 mags. I think it's easier to shoot with the G21 mags. When things calm down, G21 mags will eventually be cheap again.