SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:01   #176
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear the NFL has this stance. Over the last couple of years, I've wonder if the NFL is not being ran by men with more estrogen than testosterone! The NFL seems to becoming more of a 'feeling' type organization.....it more about ones feelings than anything else. You know, you can't tackle anymore...you have to go up and touch them on the shoulder and tell them they are tackled now.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24   #177
HoldHard

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
Costa is trying to back track now. He is trying to say he didn't have enough time to say what he really wanted to say and was misunderstood. I saw....we see your colors Costa....and they run!

red
Actually just the opposite. He is "doubling down" on his position.

http://www.infowars.com/bob-costas-y...bad-happening/

Quote:
Bob Costas: Young Men Can’t Own Guns “Without Something Bad Happening”

NBC Sports broadcaster claims there are no examples of athletes using guns to neutralize dangerous situations
His Google-Fu is weak.

Quote:
- In 2005, Baltimore Ravens cornerback Corey Fuller used his .38-caliber revolver to fire at and chase away a gunman who had entered his home in an attempted robbery.

- Also in 2005, Houston Astros outfielder Luke Scott prevented a potentially violent situation in Houston involving a man asking him for money by displaying his gun.

- As this Fox News article explains, football players are routinely targeted by criminals and armed thieves, giving them all the more reason to be armed in order to protect their families.

- In 2007, Washington Redskins’ Sean Taylor was shot dead trying to protect his family after gunmen burst into his Miami home. “Some wonder if he’d be alive today if he’d had a gun nearby to protect himself that night,” reports Vibe.
I usually don't quote Alex Jones but this is right off of Costas' own program.

On Bill O'Reilly's program, he said that fully automatic weapons can be purchased without a background check. Link to GlockTalk thread.

Enough. I'm writing the owner of the local NFL team and telling him that I am no longer buying tickets to go to the game, no longer buying NFL related items and no longer watching the NFL on television. What I am going to do is go through the DVR'ed football game and note the sponsors. They will be boycotted and then write them letters indicating that they are being boycotted until

COSTAS IS FIRED!!!

Last edited by HoldHard; 12-06-2012 at 07:43.. Reason: Added O'Reilly link
HoldHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16   #178
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhammer View Post
I am convinced that Bob Costas is the NFL's mouthpiece. His anti-gun retoric was an attempt to distract and re-direct a growing awareness of brain injuries that manifest as horrible tragedies. ... If there is one thing the NFL is worried about, it is head trauma lawsuits. ... Hundereds of billions of dollars are at the root of all this denial. When was the last time anyone saw a list of football injuries, and deaths from pewee to the pro players? Football is what it is because it is a contact sport. But given our country's appetite for litigation..., Let me just say, there will probably will be a warning from the surgeon general on the inside of a football helmet some day, If it's not already there. I think we as gun owners are being made into scapegoats.
Yeah, the best thing football could do to get rid of a lot of UNNECESSARY head traumas at all levels of play would be to remove the facemasks from the helmets. Allow the QBs, the punters, and kickers to keep them, but no one else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhammer View Post
... I think we as gun owners are being made into scapegoats.
It is a lot deeper than just being made scapegoats, but you are almost correct and on the right track.

There is coming a HUGE storm of propaganda against guns, and by default, "those who cling to their bibles and guns." This propaganda has been like waves at the beach on a Spring day. As waves little by little wash the sand away, so too has the propaganda little by little removed the rights of gun owners. They know the vast majority of facts indicate that legal gun owners are not the problem, so they have decided to stick with making guns the villain.

In this way, it matters not whether one is a law abiding citizen, or a criminal, the problem as they state it will be guns that are the problem. Only guns at first. I may be wrong, but think about it for a bit, this would be the easiest stratagem.

The only thing standing between law abiding gun owners and confiscation of their guns are people like you, me, and others openly exposing the true nature of gun grabbers foolish rhetoric and lies.

barry soetoro only has four more years, so knowing, what the united nations is planning to try in the uSA at this time is not merely waves slowly eating at our constitutional rights, but they are trying to stir up a HUGE storm surge from all their propaganda outlets, and one of these outlets has been, now it's undeniable, and is the NFL.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 12-06-2012 at 08:23..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 17:31   #179
RyanBDawg

Ok since a Cowboys player just drunkenly killed a teammate in a car wreck, we need to now have strict alcohol and car control. Bob Costas logic.

I also went to a gun-show today, according to ole Bob, I should have been shot roughly 50 times..

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 19:50   #180
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

To me, it just sounds like it is way too dangerous to be around a football player, can we ban them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:50   #181
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Ok since a Cowboys player just drunkenly killed a teammate in a car wreck, we need to now have strict alcohol and car control. Bob Costas logic. ...
With all due respect, costas' logic would indicate that alcohol did not cause the tragedy (e.g., alcohol only caused the mental state, not unlike a head injury), but it was either the vehicle, or the being a passenger in the vehicle is what caused this one.

However, the country will have to wait for tomorrow night's half-time to find out which one bob blames.

NO NFL for me today. Thanks bob!
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 12-09-2012 at 07:53..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:24   #182
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

I didn't hear a tirade about being intoxicated; driving a car; or combination of both....WHERE is the great spokesman Mr Costa to tell us how this should be handled?

Well....news flash....at best we won't hear anything from him...which might be a good thing.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote