GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 22:54   #151
clint curtis

I'm glad O.J. didn't screw it up for gun owners.
Old 12-03-2012, 23:05   #152
JBG30

As I'm reading this thread and listening to an online feed of the local sports talk radio, the host just ripped up Costas and Whitlock for their actions. Shame it was at 1:00 am.
JBG30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 23:09   #153
OhioGlock90

I just sent my email to NBC.
Winchester Model 1897
OhioGlock90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07   #154
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint curtis View Post
I'm glad O.J. didn't screw it up for gun owners.
As knife owners, we've been lucky.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Last edited by stevelyn; 06-28-2013 at 22:43..
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:43   #155
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJoker View Post
Averageman,

I took a cheap shot at you in my earlier post, and I apologize.

It wasn't the point of what you were saying, it was how you were saying it - the name calling, etc.

We are in complete agreement as to how we feel about the situation, I just want to keep the conversation elevated above that so as not to get the thread locked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
I appologise if I offended you with my off the cuff angry reply earlier.
I just really am begining to hate
The NFL
Bob Costas
The Democratic party
Football Players
The Obama Administration
The Republicans for being wimps
The NRA for putting up with this crap after sending them all this money over the years
That funny looking foreign kid that lives next door
And folks who walk across my lawn.

Oh and did I mention I'm a Hoosier too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrew379 View Post
It goes back farther than that- I've loathed him for years. When the Olympics are on, he's the guy responsible for us having to listen to a lot of "poignant" blather as opposed to actually watching the sports.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IMHO, bob costas would screw up commentating for a bowling tournament, but obviously he'd be a strong supporter of the 5th, 6th, & 7th frame beer rolls.

costas was drunk, or on meds, or something... had to be.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:46   #156
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1950 View Post
This idiot has been running off at the mouth with his liberal attitude since his 2007 criticism of George Bush not being qualified for the Presidency and how it is now evident he has been a failure. Just another NBC commie.
Well, actually... *dragging foot on ground* he was right about bush II
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 12-04-2012 at 02:47..
Old 12-04-2012, 04:46   #157
Longhammer

I don't think Bob Costas fully thought out what came out of his mouth. I think he ought to stick to the teleprompter. I truly feel sorry for him. And many other misguided anti-gun liberals. The Second Ammendment is about equality, indepencence, and freedom of the individual. Until Jesus himself comes back in a blaze of glory, to restore order and righteousness on this planet, guns will have to do.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:23   #158
Baba Louie

What is new is old

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31   #159
glockfanbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Did it ask for more money? HH
When do they not?
glockfanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:59   #160
mgentry

I have always thought that Costas was an ok sports caster but he is in over his head in dealing with gun control issues. This young man had more money than he knew what to do with and it didn't make or keep him and his family happy. If it hadn't been a gun that was used, it could have been anything - a chair leg even or his fist. It is sad when people die before their time by any means. Just pray for the 3 month old child that has no parents.
mgentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:07   #161
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

guys you don't understand.... See, if we made guns illegal, and you were thinking of killing someone, you wouldn't go get a gun, because they would be illegal, and you wouldn't want to break the law right before you killed someone, that'd be illegal!
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:13   #162
Ruggles

I would guess his comments had zero effect on people's opinion on gun control. I really don't think this guy is held in esteem by many for his "wise" political views.

The NFL is not what it once was IMO, I have lost interest in their product
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03   #163
Longhammer

It's all about the spin. There are enough nut jobs out there acting out iresponsibly without Bob citing this weak example. What Bob should have said, was that this is just one more case of a brain injured linebacker going over the line. But Bob didn't say that. He chose to try and deflect the blame to somewhere other than the game of football. I really think the concussion angle has more merit than the bad gun argument. I think it has more to do with the personality of the type of person that is attracted by the sport in the first place. Violence is a big part of football. And I recall hearing once that linebackers in particular were identified as having all the attributes to make the classic commando. Recruiters know this I was told. There are similarities at work here on some level in my opinion. Pretty hard to rationalize all the combat, violence and social angles . But I think that is what makes it so interesting and exciting. We are not much different than the romans in their day watching Gladiators do battle.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31   #164
DARKSHADOW
CLM Number 205
My Work Hobby

bob-costas-on-gun-control-comments-availability-of-guns-makes-mayhem-easier?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...lite&gt1=43001
NRA Life Member
Thin to win - G36 Club #44
Florida Glockers - #254
DARKSHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48   #165
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Costa is trying to back track now. He is trying to say he didn't have enough time to say what he really wanted to say and was misunderstood. I saw....we see your colors Costa....and they run!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:11   #166
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSHADOW View Post

Quote:
He continued: "Give me one example of an athlete – I know it’s happened in society – give me one example of an athlete by virtue of his having a gun, took a dangerous situation and turned it around for the better. I can’t think of a single one. Sadly, I can think of dozens that by virtue of having a gun, a professional athlete wound up in a tragic situation."
Then he should be for disarming athletes and not everyone else.. The same could be said for expensive sports cars and anything else that can be used to kill, hurt, or maim if used incorrectly or with evil intent.

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:24   #167
HexHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrew379 View Post
It goes back farther than that- I've loathed him for years. When the Olympics are on, he's the guy responsible for us having to listen to a lot of "poignant" blather as opposed to actually watching the sports.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Let's not forget in 1988 when he called the Dodgers "the weakest team to ever play in the World Series".

They easily beat the dominating Oakland A's, with Eckersley and the Bash Brothers.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56   #168
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhammer View Post
. Until Jesus himself comes back in a blaze of glory, to restore order and righteousness on this planet, guns will have to do.
This will be my answer anytime someone ask me why I own a gun.

Brilliant!
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:04   #169
Berto
woo woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
Costa is trying to back track now. He is trying to say he didn't have enough time to say what he really wanted to say and was misunderstood. I saw....we see your colors Costa....and they run!

red
I heard some of that yesterday. What a pathetic little twit, he can't even man-up to what he damn well knows he was saying.
Berto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27   #170
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSHADOW View Post

costas and the msnbc goofball both "forgot to remember" what costas actually said.

Please review the above video's words, from costas himself, starting at 00:24, and on through to the 00:33 mark. here too.

It is clearly obvious to me what costas believes in his own heart and mind. He was in complete, full, and total agreement with what whitlock wrote in the article that costas himself felt so compelled to quote verbatim. costas agreed 100%, or he lied to NFL Monday Night viewers, or he is lying to Americans now. Plain and simple.

costas needs gone or I'm saying bye bye to all things NFL.

Today I have to write a letter to my hometown team's owner letting him know that if costas stays, no more ticket or promotional gear purchases from me. I hope others will do the same with their home team's ownership and front office.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 12-05-2012 at 08:33..
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10   #171
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
I heard some of that yesterday. What a pathetic little twit, he can't even man-up to what he damn well knows he was saying.
You're being tooo kind by calling him a twit! I had some other fine choice, 4/5 letter words. I'm not sure the GT rules would allow us to really state what he is!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37   #172
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
Yeah, he's trying to say he was referring to the gun culture being a problem. What gun culture is he referring to? The one with an almost puritanical view of personal responsibility regarding fire arms?
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39   #173
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Another Liberal dumbaZZ,....the gun is not the problem,
it's the person!

Last edited by faawrenchbndr; 12-05-2012 at 10:39..
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:47   #174
Carrys
Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
guys you don't understand.... See, if we made guns illegal, and you were thinking of killing someone, you wouldn't go get a gun, because they would be illegal, and you wouldn't want to break the law right before you killed someone, that'd be illegal!

That's the problem me thinks.......there are an awful lot of people who think exactly that way.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29   #175
Longhammer

I am convinced that Bob Costas is the NFL's mouthpiece. His anti-gun retoric was an attempt to distract and re-direct a growing awareness of brain injuries that manifest as horrible tragedies. He could very well be he next NFL commissioner, if he makes this all away. If there is one thing the NFL is worried about, it is head trauma lawsuits. The issue is being ignored by the sports media networks. Hundereds of billions of dollars are at the root of all this denial. When was the last time anyone saw a list of football injuries, and deaths from pewee to the pro players? Football is what it is because it is a contact sport. But given our country's appetite for litigation..., Let me just say, there will probably will be a warning from the surgeon general on the inside of a football helmet some day, If it's not already there. I think we as gun owners are being made into scapegoats.