GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 14:10   #126
glockfanbob

Just got an email from the NRA about this...
glockfanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 14:16   #127
bear62

Costas, NBC and MSNBC are all despicable.. Just sayin'
bear62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 14:17   #128
bear62

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnjim01 View Post
count me as one of the million. now if someone can post a list of last nights sponsors I'll tell them also
Count me in too.
bear62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:32   #129
JJohnson
Call me Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Only if they changed since i last saw it. I try to avoid the insipid opening as much as possible.
Clearly you have an enlightened sense of recognizing talent as compared to the rest of the mouth breathers. Congrats.
Old 12-03-2012, 16:43   #130
Averageman

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJoker View Post
Averageman,

Please edit your post so this thread doesn't get locked.

The grown-ups (well, mostly) were having a nice discussion before you sat down at the table.

Thanks.
Naaah, but feel free to edit yours; I stand by what I say.
Jovan Belcher shot Kasandra Perkins nine times with a hand gun, killing the Mother of his Daughter and then killed himself leaving his daughter and Orphan.
This isn't about guns, this is about nuts, Jovan Belcher was a mentally unbalanced. You just dont come home and decide to kill your baby momma by shooting her, you decide to empty the magazine.
If you get to that point mentally, it doesn't matter if there is a handgun or a Knife (O.J. Please stand up) or a blunt object in the room, She is going to die.
All Costas did was again make excuses for a failed way the press and public idolize athletes in America. Costa's is as guilty as anyone of fostering that culture.
Costa is the same guy who interviewed Jerry Sandusky at the peak of his controversy while being charged as a pedophile.
So after the interview with Sandusky what should Bob have blamed that crime spree of perversion on? After all if guns cause murders, then what is the weapon of choice when Men rape Boys? Just how do we eliminate it Bob?
The point is guys like Bob Costa and the entire Sports Press, College Football Programs, even High School Football programs can leave a lasting effect on a young Man that, because I am so gifted at this sport the rules of normal life and society do not apply to me.
You make them Gods, the trouble is they are not Gods and some never learn to live a normal life with rules and responcabilities. In no small part Bob, you are a part of the problem, not the answer.

Last edited by Averageman; 12-03-2012 at 16:46..
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:45   #131
Averageman

To take this to it's normal level the only way Kasandra Perkins life could have been spared when fighting for her life against a NFL linebacker was if she had been armed with a pistol.
Old 12-03-2012, 16:47   #132
Poncho1969

Quote:
Did anyone else just see this during the Cowboys game?

Bob Costas just read about a minute-and-a-half statement regarding the Kansas City tragedy involving Jovan Belcher.

The statement (I did not catch the author) squarely blames "the gun culture in America" and the fact that Jovan Belcher was able to purchase a firearm for the murder/suicide he committed.

It was really ****ing despicable.

End rant.
Really stinks.. He just needs to keep his mind on calling the game...
Poncho1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:08   #133
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by reset View Post
Costas is officially on my **** list forever.
Quote:
This is my reaction as well.

It was really, really small of him. I assumed he had a little more integrity than to pull something like that in prime time.

Wow.
I have never cared for Bob Costas, or thought he had any integrity.

www.BuckeyeFirearms.org

Sub Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:09   #134
Halojumper

Send a message via AIM to Halojumper Send a message via Yahoo to Halojumper
It's clear that a lot of people here don't understand free speech, at least in the Constitutional sense. The Constitution only prevents the government from interfering with free speech. Since a football game, including its commentators, is a product, the consumers of that product have every right to speak out against it if they don't like it. If enough people wrote to the NFL and NBC and they fired him, that would in no way be a violation of his right to free speech. He can still say anything he wants, we don't don't have to "purchase" the product that carries it.

And, it's not as if the Chiefs aren't already used to getting killed anyway!
Halojumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:15   #135
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
I have asked the European Fecal Standards and Measurements office--headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland--to consider measuring turds in costas rather than courics.

I'll update if I hear from them. Until then, my recommendation would be to change the station whenever little libtards appear on the screen. YMMV
I saw that episode. Great idea. You need to email southpark.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:27   #136
ND40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
He was the local guy...like I stated, I don't follow him anymore so maybe Fox syndicates some of his articles.

red
Yes, up until 2010 he did local columns for the Kansas City Star, prior to that he had been fired from ESPN because of his mouth. Now he continues to get tons of national coverage while being paid by foxsports to write columns. Just last Feb, he took a lot of heat nationally for saying Jeremy Lin had a small "manhood" on twitter.

Last edited by ND40oz; 12-03-2012 at 17:27..
ND40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:57   #137
INJoker
Simply Charming

Averageman,

I took a cheap shot at you in my earlier post, and I apologize.

It wasn't the point of what you were saying, it was how you were saying it - the name calling, etc.

We are in complete agreement as to how we feel about the situation, I just want to keep the conversation elevated above that so as not to get the thread locked.
Old 12-03-2012, 18:05   #138
captcurly

I cannot give my opinion of Costas because I would get banned from GT. Never liked him and as a sportscaster I think he sucks. Costas has always been on my **** list.

It is all about shot placement.
captcurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:32   #139
Harley6133

Just sent NBC and email. Telling them Bob is crap and I will be watching other stations
Harley6133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:55   #140
Averageman

Quote:
Averageman,

I took a cheap shot at you in my earlier post, and I apologize.

It wasn't the point of what you were saying, it was how you were saying it - the name calling, etc.

We are in complete agreement as to how we feel about the situation, I just want to keep the conversation elevated above that so as not to get the thread locked.
I appologise if I offended you with my off the cuff angry reply earlier.
I just really am begining to hate
The NFL
Bob Costas
The Democratic party
Football Players
The Obama Administration
The Republicans for being wimps
The NRA for putting up with this crap after sending them all this money over the years
That funny looking foreign kid that lives next door
And folks who walk across my lawn.

Oh and did I mention I'm a Hoosier too?

Last edited by Averageman; 12-03-2012 at 18:56..
Old 12-03-2012, 19:48   #141
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson View Post
Clearly you have an enlightened sense of recognizing talent as compared to the rest of the mouth breathers. Congrats.
I know suck when i see it. So should you since your posts are in the same box with it.
Old 12-03-2012, 19:51   #142
CharlieDelta127

If anyone is interested, here is NBC's mailing address.

NBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10112
CharlieDelta127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:56   #143
kat1950

This idiot has been running off at the mouth with his liberal attitude since his 2007 criticism of George Bush not being qualified for the Presidency and how it is now evident he has been a failure. Just another NBC commie.
kat1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:13   #144
TX Archer

The letter that I'm writing and personalizing to all my friends (the names you see are my two U.S Senators and my Congressman):
----------------------------------------------------------
(Name),

I'm sure you're in tune to the criticism following the Bob Costas editorial last night. I'm sending this letter individually to all my gun rights supporting friends. I wrote a letter to NBC and I plan to write to every company that I find out advertises on their sports broadcasts. The network may not pay attention to me or to us but they will pay attention to their ratings and their advertisers. They fired Hank Williams Jr. because they were scared and they fired Rush Limbaugh because they were scared. I feel that it's my duty to let them know how I feel on the subject in the same way that it's my duty to let John Cornyn, Ted Cruz, and Lloyd Doggett know how I feel. I have a feeling you'll be doing the same. If you'd like to write to NBC, they make it very easy at http://www.nbc.com/contact/general/

Here is what I wrote:

I am writing to make known my feelings about the editorial given by Bob Costas on Sunday night's football halftime show. I watch football to be entertained. I do not watch to learn the personal opinion of broadcasters regarding social or political issues. Mr. Costas crossed the line last night by giving HIS feelings about gun control in the United States. One might also assume he had the blessing of NBC Sports and expressed the feelings of your executives as well. I disagree with his ideology and cannot endorse or support a program which is used as a vehicle to influence the opinions of those in our society. Thus, I will not watch another program of which he is a part. I will also make this known to the companies who advertise on programs such as this.

I am a Texan and a loyal Cowboys fan as well as a football fan in general. I turned off the television in disgust last night and missed an exciting win by the Cowboys but I couldn't bear to support and garner income for you by viewing your paid advertising. Again, I will not watch another program which features Mr. Costas. You have lost this viewer. I hope you will take notice that there are many others who feel the same way.

I find it curious that Mr. Costas ignored the majority of the editorial from which he quoted. That editorial was largely critical of the National Football League. It included over 10 paragraphs about why the NFL should have postponed the Chiefs game and only two paragraphs about gun control. I have a feeling Costas and NBC are afraid to anger the NFL but not so afraid to campaign against our Bill of Rights. Which one fills the pockets of those at NBC? You have now angered many Americans and the potential financial repercussions are equally as dangerous.

Respectfully,

David Armstrong
Austin, Texas

Last edited by TX Archer; 12-03-2012 at 20:30.. Reason: misspelled "senators" in my anger and haste
TX Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:14   #145
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Yes, up until 2010 he did local columns for the Kansas City Star, prior to that he had been fired from ESPN because of his mouth. Now he continues to get tons of national coverage while being paid by foxsports to write columns. Just last Feb, he took a lot of heat nationally for saying Jeremy Lin had a small "manhood" on twitter.
And now the comment he made today while being interviewed, the NRA is the new KKK, was his attempt to generate more PR for himself. He is volital......will say just about anything to garner attention and generate buzz.

Another example of why I don't follow him.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:51   #146
clint curtis

He can bob down and kiss my #$$.
Old 12-03-2012, 22:33   #147
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Did anyone else just see this during the Cowboys game?

Bob Costas just read about a minute-and-a-half statement regarding the Kansas City tragedy involving Jovan Belcher.

The statement (I did not catch the author) squarely blames "the gun culture in America" and the fact that Jovan Belcher was able to purchase a firearm for the murder/suicide he committed.

It was really ****ing despicable.

End rant.
He is a liberal hack and nothing more should be expected.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 22:37   #148
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfanbob View Post
Just got an email from the NRA about this...
Did it ask for more money? HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 22:48   #149
OhioGlock90

this makes me so mad!! I had a family member who committed suicide with a gun. the thought never crossed my mind to blame the gun, because the gun was just a tool he used. If someone wants to no longer be living they will do it with or without a gun.This is just someone who is ignorant to the topic saying something that sounds good.
Winchester Model 1897
OhioGlock90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 22:51   #150
randrew379

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1950 View Post
This idiot has been running off at the mouth with his liberal attitude since his 2007 criticism of George Bush not being qualified for the Presidency and how it is now evident he has been a failure. Just another NBC commie.
It goes back farther than that- I've loathed him for years. When the Olympics are on, he's the guy responsible for us having to listen to a lot of "poignant" blather as opposed to actually watching the sports.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
randrew379 is offline   Reply With Quote