Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:31   #101
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfanbob View Post
This is what inwrote in the other thread:

NFL and Bob Costas apparently think it's ok to make statements about how a handgun is to blame. How about they question the connection between players taking hits to the head while playing as well as the mentality one needs to play such a physical game like football in how it could relate to poor anger management off of the field.

Many suicides from NFL players, not all even involve guns. Ban the NFL.

Exactly. If they can prove a causal link. Ban football. That would fix the problem.

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:45   #102
HoldHard

The slime-ball that took a tragedy such as this and tries to spin it into an anti-gun rant on national television doesn't deserve a job. As soon as he got done, I turned off SNF, never to be watched again. F'em. I wanted to watch football, not get preached to by some arrogant a**h*** commentator. Enough....

Bob Costas should be fired along with anyone else that put this "opinion" on television. We have been football fans for a long time but SNF just lost this household. We'll simply use the DVR to record another game during the day and then watch on Sunday night. Boycott SNF.

Any and all links to e-mail for the upper management at NBC, please post them. Let's overload up their e-mail servers with an avalanche of messages calling for Costas to be fired.

E-mail for NBC Sports
nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

HH
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00   #103
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGbiker View Post
Russia prohibits civilian handgun ownership and Japan totally prohibits civilian firearm ownership, yet both are #1 and #2 ranking in suicides.

I wonder how those people manage to kill them selves without guns?

The Okie Corraland
The Okie Corral???

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:37   #104
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJoker View Post
The comments block under the article is going crazy with pro-gun support. They all think Whitlock is an idiot - and I submit that Costas is an idiot for acting as his mouthpiece.
Unless you were from the Midwest and followed the KC Chiefs, Whitlock is a no name writer. It's not unusual for him to write controversial articles in the local sports world....not surprised he wrote this article....one reason I quit following him years ago.

Now, Costa has prolly made Jason famous for the article. Costa and Whitlock both have the right to speak their mind. However, in a public forum such as a sports play-by-play telecast where Costa is paid to comment on the game at hand, not social/political issues; for him to get on his soapbox about a political/social issue, crossed the line. Never been a fan of Costa to begin with, he didn't encourage me to more of a fan.

Costa, you didn't help yourself.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46   #105
paynter2
It ain't over

Costas on guns is like Cher on politics. They're welcome to blow their bazoo - but what can they possibly offer?

Neither has anything to say that is worth listening to, or for that matter, paying any attention to.

Costas is a sports reporter. So what? He'd probably be better in the dwarf toss. As the dwarf.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56   #106
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic

I eagerly await Jason Whitlock's biting expose on the black crime rates in America. I'm sure it will be an eye opening piece like the one he did on all the black on black killing in Chicago, Detroit, etc. Jason? You there? Anything at all?

That's what I thought.
aplcr0331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:16   #107
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

The commentators are looking for someone to blame. As "sports guys" they never want to say "Player XXX seemed like a nice guy but turned out to be a murderer", or doesn't want to risk getting sued (remember, as of now he is the "alleged" murderer). But they need to say something so they blame the tool instead of the user of the tool.

To paraphrase Archie Bunker, would it make them feel better if he pushed his girlfriend out of a window?

Apparently some of the commentators (not sure if it was the studio analysts or the guys calling the Carolina/KC game) were making it sound like this guy was the victim. Somehow I can't picture Mike Ditka or Tom Jackson saying that on ESPN though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59   #108
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

This tweet reposted on Huffie said it best:

"Bob Costas, who’s gotten rich thanks in part to a sport that destroys men’s bodies and brains, gives us a little civics lecture."

Classic!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09   #109
Bilrus61

What about steroids? Arn't all these players on steroids? Don't steroids make you violent and irrational? Why won't Costas and Whitlock do a expose on that? Oh cause that might hit THEM in their pocket book. Got it.
Bilrus61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23   #110
scccdoc

Vernon Man Kills Woman, Father Then Himself In Wyoming Bow-And-Arrow Attack

Hey Bob, , can't wait for your next diatribe supporting the ban of bows.....................................
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56   #111
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
I am still trying to figure out why we need liberals...
"We" need them so "we" can have someone to exercise "our" free speech about.

Last edited by SGT278ACR; 12-03-2012 at 10:57..
SGT278ACR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15   #112
flyover

Yahoo.com has a poll up asking, "
Do you agree with the timing of Bob Costas's halftime anti-gun rant?". Last I checked 77% did not agree with the timing his rant.
flyover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19   #113
Captain Ron

Bob Costas should be fired
Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:28   #114
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

I have asked the European Fecal Standards and Measurements office--headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland--to consider measuring turds in costas rather than courics.

I'll update if I hear from them. Until then, my recommendation would be to change the station whenever little libtards appear on the screen. YMMV
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52   #115
Baba Louie

Quote:
Hey Bob, , can't wait for your next diatribe supporting the ban of bows...
Only if a nationally (ok regionally) known millionaire athlete shoots his or her baby momma several times them offs himself and some other regionally known scribe writes the script, then I think he'd be good to go.

The whole thing is tragic and stupid and sad. Concussions, suicides as a result (I hear), making heros out of jocks, babies out of wedlock, anger management, stupidity management, media management.

And yet we all fall for it and write our displeasure about it because of bozo's on the boob tube... so maybe there's a method to their madness.

How many times did she get shot? 9 or 19 or ? Right in front of his own mother and child??!??!! What a rich angry TWIT.

Time to move on to other news
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:36   #116
Beretta92guy

just emailed NBC about that goon and what he said........

encourage everyone else to email and tell them Bob Costas should be FIRED

nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:57   #117
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyover View Post
Do you agree with the timing of Bob Costas's halftime anti-gun rant?". Last I checked 77% did not agree with the timing his rant.
I get the right article, but my poll is on who won the second debate. . . almost 2 months ago.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:58   #118
NDCent
Socially Inept

As Doc Holiday might say, Bob Costas can kiss my rebel ****.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:59   #119
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran

I wonder what costas would say if she was strangled with piano wire or a guitar string and he commited suicide by hanging with the same materials.... that if we didn't have musical instruments they'd still be alive...

What a moronic thing to say on national television or even in private. The anti-gunners never cease to amaze me with their version of logic.
Old 12-03-2012, 13:19   #120
ND40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
Unless you were from the Midwest and followed the KC Chiefs, Whitlock is a no name writer. It's not unusual for him to write controversial articles in the local sports world....not surprised he wrote this article....one reason I quit following him years ago.

Now, Costa has prolly made Jason famous for the article. Costa and Whitlock both have the right to speak their mind. However, in a public forum such as a sports play-by-play telecast where Costa is paid to comment on the game at hand, not social/political issues; for him to get on his soapbox about a political/social issue, crossed the line. Never been a fan of Costa to begin with, he didn't encourage me to more of a fan.

Costa, you didn't help yourself.

red
Whitlock is a national columnist for FoxSports.com, not just some local guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Jason_Whitlock
ND40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 13:34   #121
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJohnson View Post
It's Faith Hill singing. Millions of records sold and 5 grammys won. She has a little talent...
Only if they changed since i last saw it. I try to avoid the insipid opening as much as possible.
Old 12-03-2012, 13:44   #122
countrygun

Well, the geniuses may be on to something, but not what they want. Apparently there is some form brain injury that seems to be directly linked to head trauma and potentially to football injuries. Maybe SOMETHING can be blamed and it may well be football.

Yup that's it Costsas, look around for something to blame and it just might turn out to be the sport you make your living from.

Of course we don't care if the players become brain-damaged maniacs, just so long as they can't get guns.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 13:59   #123
pipedreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyover View Post

Didn't find the poll at that link. Found it here.
http://www.yahoo.com/

Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.
pipedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 14:04   #124
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Whitlock is a national columnist for FoxSports.com, not just some local guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Jason_Whitlock
He was the local guy...like I stated, I don't follow him anymore so maybe Fox syndicates some of his articles.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 14:09   #125
capnjim01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
I emailed the NFL to inform them that as long as Bob Costas is calling NFL games, I won't be watching them..

Not much, but if a few million people do the same, they will take notice.

Here is a link if any of you feel inclined to do the same..

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us
count me as one of the million. now if someone can post a list of last nights sponsors I'll tell them also
capnjim01 is online now   Reply With Quote