SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:05   #41
Lotiki
All that is man

He knew when he got the gun what features it had and didn't have. Glock has never, ever claimed that it had a grip safety or a heavy trigger, nor did it ever claim to be safer then pistols that have those features. Didn't he read the owners manual? "keep out of reach of children"
Glocks lawyers will own him in court.

Also I thought there was a law protecting gun manufactures from gunshot wound liability lawsuits. The grabbers own sites claim it as so.
http://www.csgv.org/issues-and-campa...talking-points

Last edited by Lotiki; 02-19-2013 at 09:11..
Old 02-19-2013, 09:18   #42
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Revolvers don't have a grip safety and some of them have DA triggers as light as the Glock. Is he going to sue Smith & Wesson, Colt and Ruger?
What an idiot.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 02-19-2013, 09:24   #43
llll1lll1

His negligence is akin to putting a loaded gun in a crib.

He should be jailed.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37   #44
GLOCK19FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
I'm not sure how you measure, but the standard glock has a trigger pull of about 1/2" (or 12.7mm) from start to finish with a pull weight of ~5.5 pounds. Hardly a hair trigger. I have shot a couple of 1911's with something in the 2-3 pound range and about 1/16" of travel, much more of a hair trigger.
I haven't measured it, I'm just going by what the specifications for this model says on their site.

If that isn't correct I must have misread it..

I could have swore that it says 5mm tho... now I have to go and double check. lol will report back shortly.

...( _)
/"""""\======░
/"""""""\
\_@_@_@_@_/

Last edited by GLOCK19FTW; 02-19-2013 at 09:37..
Old 02-19-2013, 09:57   #45
llll1lll1

Who cares what the trigger pull is. It was his gun. His kid. Kis truck. His ammo. His neglect.

He's abusing the system.

What a jerk.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01   #46
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Your gun. Your responsibility.

If he is not responsible for his gun, than no legal gun owners can be held responsible for what happens with their guns.

I know why he is claiming this, but it doesn't not make it right, or even reasonable.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32   #47
GlockVol

bet he don't leave loaded firearms laying around any more...you can't hide stupid!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:35   #48
Pier23

OK...NOT to defend the suit, or the action, but the guy is facing a lifetime of unemployability -in all likelihood - and lifetime medical bills which insurance may or may not cover.

Being off-duty, the police dept probably wont offer any support other than moral.

If the guy can get some cash from Glock, I can see why he would try. Litigation is not costing him anything, the attys will front that expense.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36   #49
hamster
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier23 View Post
OK...NOT to defend the suit, or the action, but the guy is facing a lifetime of unemployability -in all likelihood - and lifetime medical bills which insurance may or may not cover.

Being off-duty, the police dept probably wont offer any support other than moral.

If the guy can get some cash from Glock, I can see why he would try. Litigation is not costing him anything, the attys will front that expense.
In many of these cases it is actually the health or liability insurance company forcing the guy to sue in order to collect benefits. Insurers are often behind suits like this as a way to try to minimize their payout.

I've heard of numerous people forced to sue friends' home owner's insurance when they take a fall or something. Very strange but true.

Last edited by hamster; 02-19-2013 at 11:38..
Old 02-19-2013, 11:47   #50
Leigh

[QUOTE=Pier23;20006218] I can see why he would try. /QUOTE]

Wow. Way to promote the whole welfare mentality and the pervasive attitude of entitlement that is eating at our society like a cancer.

In all fairness to the gene pool, the kid's aim should have been a little "higher."

Old 02-19-2013, 12:11   #51
bobnfl

When I read this story one word came to mind "MORON"
STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23   #52
dkf

The judge that decided this case has merit to go to trial is also a major part of the problem.

I hope Glock does not settle and fights the lawsuit even though it would most likely be cheaper for them to settle than go to trial.

Last edited by dkf; 02-19-2013 at 12:23..
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24   #53
GThirtyTwo
Amor patriae

Smh...

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason
Old 02-19-2013, 12:32   #54
Will Beararms

Was the pistol not holstered? What a reprobate father the way around. Thank God the child was not hurt.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:35   #55
njl

Brings to mind some of the lyrics from Pepper.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48   #56
rudybunt

Some people...... all I can say is WOW!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47   #57
ashecht

Is this the same guy who sued McDonald's over hot coffee?
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13   #58
O'DubhGhaill

Quote:
Originally Posted by llll1lll1 View Post
He should be charged with child endangerment.
This. I cannot imagine the facts of this case not fitting any jurisdiction's child endangerment statute. This case clearly fits the "your ****tin' me" category and then some.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:48   #59
jfost11

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
I agree 100%. My point was that when people like this guy make poor decisions and the result is injury or death, there is always a lawyer willing to make a case no matter how absurd it is. Our legal system is in desperate need of an overhaul to a loser pays system. Then you will see many of these stupid law suits that have no reason to start go away.

As far as the whole Firestone/Ford Explorer mess is concerned, I honestly beleive most if not all of it was frivolous. Most SUV's have a high center point of gravity and are more susceptible to rolling over in a blow out vs. a car. That's just common sense. Also, many people never check their tires for proper inflation/wear until there is a problem, my wife and mother in law included. I would be willing to bet that most if not all of the folks who filed a suit against Firestone/Ford back then poorly maintained their tires/vehicle which resulted in the accidents.
You're right on all counts with the Firestone/Ford suit. Unfortunately, your common sense point had no effect. The reason Ford had to share responsibility was their recommendation of low tire pressures to begin with which were compounded when people didn't maintain proper inflation. Some called for only 30 psi while other models had placards stating 26 psi. I never went less than 30 on these. You seem to understand that after long periods without checking pressures, atmospheric conditions can cause a tire at 30 to go down to 20. Now a tire at 26 can easily be down to 16 and on a heavy SUV with a suspension that will roll, you have a terribly tail happy vehicle if a back tire is that low. Too bad many drivers don't realize or care.
Regardless of pressures, it was tested and found that even under rapid deflation, the suspect Explorer models were easy to bring to a controlled stop by anyone holding the wheel with their hands instead of their knees, and actually having any kind of basic driving skills just like all other SUVs.
However, no matter what inflation was recommended, the tread shouldn't have separated from the tire the way it did. That's why Firestone had to take their share of responsibility. This supposedly caused a different characteristic than just rapid deflation even though I believe that to be BS.

I see no way to blame Glock for this idiot's actions like Ford or Firestone were blamed in the leg bone to the neck bone sort of way. After all, it's a gun, not a car. There's one way to make it fire and for the morons that say the trigger was too light, it's much heavier than a 1911 trigger. Besides, Glock states right in the manual to not store the weapon loaded. Like it's been mentioned, why no car seat, holster? A cop should never "forget" his weapon.
I know people make mistakes. But, when they do and someone gets hurt, how is it anyone's fault but their own?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52   #60
jfost11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
Is this the same guy who sued McDonald's over hot coffee?
I thought that was an elderly woman whose thin skin was more easily scalded off.

Closed Thread