Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 18:37   #1
Detectorist

Ok, guys. Need your help for a big money bet.

I was debating with a friend on which drug gives the user the most strength when fighting the Cops.

I say PCP. He says Meth.

Lunch is riding on this...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 18:52   #2
CW Mock

Fought people on both. You can break meth heads and they give up. You can break PCP junkies and they beat you with stubs.

One of the scariest fights I have ever been in was a suspect that smoked weed laced with PCP. I arrived solo to an "unknown problem" and was jumped almost immediately. Where I'm at backup is usually between 15-30 minutes away. It got there in about 12, and I was to the point I was going to have to use my pistol to end the fight. Nothing worked at all (also cemented the ASP baton as a REMF genius idea in my opinion). It took several of us to finally get control. I wasn't hurt, and the suspect fully recovered.

PCP junkies are like the damn Terminator. No pity, no remorse, and no reason ... And they just won't stop until you are dead, LOL

Most the meth heads I have tangled with try to run, and then usually give up after being slammed around. Some fight pretty hard, but not PCP hard. Those fools really can rumble.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 19:01   #3
blueiron

It's been a while since PCP was prevalent around here and when it was, less lethal was still a new CALEA rally cry, but I can still recall the beat downs we gave and the injuries I got in return.

Meth builds up strength, only to literally tear the body down and apart. A veteran meth user doesn't have the über-strength to continue for long. Because of this, I'll vote PCP every time. Give an old woman PCP and she'll give most thirty year old cops a run for their lives.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 19:05   #4
Officer X

Natty Ice....
Officer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 19:09   #5
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Bath salts trumps meth. I've never fought someone on PCP, but I did see a kid in my high school walk through a glass door and didn't seem to mind.

Meth loses to the other two.

How about bath salts and PCP?

Last edited by nikerret; 12-01-2012 at 10:20..
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 19:48   #6
banger

PCP scares me to death....

I had one that you could kill but could not hurt.

Finally got him subdued, (with the help of at least 4 other cops).

Called for an ambulance, hand cuffed each hand to a rail on the gurney...

Subject proceeded to flex his arm until rail on one side actually broke completely in half.

Got to the hospital, the E,R, gave him a shot of Thorazine big enough to put out a horse....

He looked around and the shot had ZERO effect. It took a second to get him somewhat calmed.

Honest to goodness...I truly thought I was going to have to shoot him (multiple times) to get out of this alive.

SCARRY!!!!

Honestly, you could break this guys arm and he would only continue to fight.

No pain technique had any effect.

Last edited by banger; 11-30-2012 at 21:22..
banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 19:54   #7
RocPO

PCP.

Scary **** walking up on a dude who's worshipping a tree and you interrupt the ceremony.
RocPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 20:14   #8
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

PCP. The way it dissociates the brain from the body is the stuff of horror films. Had one guy that came running on Southern AZ asphalt in the middle of the summer. Literally burnt and abraded the flesh off his feet until the soles were bone and flopping tendon and he wouldn't stop.

The stuff was once used as a surgical anesthesic---inject the horse and cut it open type stuff.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 20:18   #9
m2hmghb

PCP for sure. I still remember a medic friend of my father's coming around with his nose really effed up from a guy on PCP. 4 cops 2 medics and the guy was still able to do that, in addition to cracked ribs.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 20:19   #10
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Had one guy that came running on Southern AZ asphalt in the middle of the summer. Literally burnt and abraded the flesh off his feet until the soles were bone and flopping tendon and he wouldn't stop.
Can you imagine the pain he felt when that stuff wore off?
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 20:25   #11
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

This was so dangerous they stopped making it in the US
Cop Talk
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 21:12   #12
blueiron

blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:08   #13
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

PCP everytime, but some bath salts are getting up there... like that zombie that was eating faces and wouldn't die after being shot.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:34   #14
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

PCP from everything I hear. Meth is nothing compared to it.
Old 11-30-2012, 23:50   #15
CW Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
PCP everytime, but some bath salts are getting up there... like that zombie that was eating faces and wouldn't die after being shot.
Bath Salts are a whole 'nother tier of special dude. :rofl

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
CW Mock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:57   #16
JimIsland

Never had any experience with either so I'd only be guessing. However, i got in a fight with a punk jacked up on Crank....he lost but damn he was a handful
JimIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:40   #17
Pepper45

The last experience I had with someone on PCP fighting, I was an Explorer, so we're talking 20 years ago. I watched this normal sized guy with a 250 pound firefighter kneeling on each arm, and three guys holding down his torso and legs, physically throw the firemen on his arms several feet. He ripped his biceps apart, I learned later.

I saw x-rays and heard a story of a cop (one of my first FTO's) who had to hammer a guy across the shins with his baton because he was going to fight. Hit him several times, and finally withdrew and drew his pistol because the baton strikes were having zero effect. After eventually getting the guy locked down in the car, they realized the guy's legs didn't look right, so they ordered up an ambulance. Guy got transported, and it turned out he had massive fractures of both shins, he shouldn't have been able to stand, let alone advance on the deputy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Pepper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:41   #18
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

One SWAT guy I know said they faced an armed duster and they had to open fire and basically blew the guy's heart out, and the guy kept fighting until he bled out completely and collapsed from lack of blood in his body causing shutdown, not because he was walking dead without a beating heart.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53   #19
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

PCP vs Methamphetamine

PCP is a dissociative anesthetic. The term is self defining. As mentioned, it dissociates the body and the brain and has an anesthetic effect. Nasty stuff.

Methamphetamine is a CNS Stimulant. It jacks you up, but does not really have the analgesic or anesthetic effect. Cocaine has an anesthetic effect, but not like dissociative anesthetics do.

Bath Salts

Cocaine and Methamphetamine are both CNS Stimulants, but the mechanism of action is different. Cocaine inhibits reuptake of dopamine, norepinepherine, and serotonin while methamphetamine increases production. Bath salts ("MDPV" and other synthetic cathinones) do BOTH. In other words, they increase dopamine production and inhibit reuptake.

Here is a good article that explains the drug:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/multimedia/bath-salts/

Also very scary stuff.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 13:38   #20
scottydl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Toxicology reports showed that guy was not on bath salts. The media just wanted everyone to believe that, so they did. Only marijuana and some prescription drugs in his system IIRC. I believe his craziness ended up being attributed to paranoid schizophrenia.

Not to say a bath salts user couldn't/wouldn't do that (because they could) ... but just a point of fact.
scottydl is offline   Reply With Quote