Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 19:48   #1
harlenm

State Trooper steals money/jewelry off fatal crash victim

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/S...an-4077756.php
Old 11-29-2012, 19:57   #2
Bruce M

Pretty stupid of him.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 11-29-2012, 19:59   #3
*ASH*

what a fing scumbag

and IBTL . im wagering it wont go 2 pages

Last edited by *ASH*; 11-29-2012 at 20:01..
Old 11-29-2012, 20:02   #4
JMS

Making 6 figures and he'd risk his job for $4000-$5000??

Old 11-29-2012, 20:10   #5
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

when i was in FTO i was working a fatal wreck, an old timer (Ron) came over while i was doing an invetory and grabbed a cigarette off the dash board, lighted it and began smoking. i looked at my FTO and didnt know what to say, my fto said "Ron, what are you doing"?

Ron said is a deep Haus Cartwright voice with a build to match: "he aint going to smoke no more unless he goes down there" (pointing at the ground).

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
Old 11-29-2012, 20:12   #6
happy seal

What a dirtball! He is sittng on his butt with full pay while we work paying his salary. Any job I know he would be fired period. That police union is brazen to stand up for those type of rights. Worst yet he will pay a fine and that is all. Hell, I bet he even gets his job back.

"Off to the Salt Mine, My Friend"
Old 11-29-2012, 20:12   #7
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
when i was in FTO i was working a fatal wreck, an old timer (Ron) came over while i was doing an invetory and grabbed a cigarette off the dash board, lighted it and began smoking. i looked at my FTO and didnt know what to say, my fto said "Ron, what are you doing"?

Ron said is a deep Haus Cartwright voice with a build to match: "he aint going to smoke no more unless he goes down there" (pointing at the ground).
Old timers rock.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:13   #8
tadbart
duuuuude.

State Troopers. AAA with a badge.

G19
pointy stick
sharp wit
Old 11-29-2012, 20:15   #9
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

forget that he is a cop, why would anyone who makes over 6 figures a year risk a good paying job and great retirement bennies for $3K?

retard.

ETA: JMS beat me to it.

Last edited by gjk5; 11-29-2012 at 20:17..
Old 11-29-2012, 20:16   #10
M2 Carbine

You don't just all the sudden become the low life that would steal from a dying man.
Makes you wonder what else he's been doing for years.

They can roast his ass for all I care but I feel for his wife and kids.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:16   #11
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Fun and games aside, here is a link of the police officers in CT who have been decertified, for whatever reasons.

http://www.ct.gov/post/lib/post/cert...d_officers.pdf
Old 11-29-2012, 20:17   #12
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbart View Post
State Troopers. AAA with a badge.
Truth. The graviest of LE jobs.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:24   #13
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Truth. The graviest of LE jobs.
No, not by a long stretch. The cushiest jobs include working for the DA, working for the state's AGs office, working courts, working gigs that don't involve a lot of anything.

If anything, state policing is often as tough as it gets being out there by your lonesome, and in lots of cases, the state police academy is harder than (example only) a city/county gig.

Granted, in some states everybody goes thru the same academy, but to say that a troopers job is cake is like me saying I'm going to row from Bristol, England to Boston in a week, and then run the Boston Marathon.

It really aint that simple.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:25   #14
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Old timers rock.
i should add that this was in 1991 with a state agency in the urban "midwest"....back when you could call a flasher a weeny wagger and not get suspended.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
Old 11-29-2012, 20:28   #15
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Temptation and action is a terrible combination. What a shame.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:28   #16
rednoved
NRA Member

I imagine he will lose his job. Seems fair.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:29   #17
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
No, not by a long stretch. The cushiest jobs include working for the DA, working for the state's AGs office, working courts, working gigs that don't involve a lot of anything.

If anything, state policing is often as tough as it gets being out there by your lonesome, and in lots of cases, the state police academy is harder than (example only) a city/county gig.

Granted, in some states everybody goes thru the same academy, but to say that a troopers job is cake is like me saying I'm going to row from Bristol, England to Boston in a week, and then run the Boston Marathon.

I usually agree with you, and I think I do on the point you were making, but I don't think I get the analogy........
Old 11-29-2012, 20:32   #18
Restless28

Quote:

Patrol troopers in Alabama ride the gravy train. Troopers are required to standby on highway construction sights here. Part of the job?

No, it's all overtime. The off duty guys close to retirement padded their income by thousands of dollars to pad their pension.

Meanwhile, municipal police and deputies serve warrants and do a helluva lot more than run radar guns.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:35   #19
Scott3670

I had to toss my badge after a bad injury during a training exercise. To this day I can hold my head high and say that at least I tried to to the job. But this ass hat makes anyone who has ever had the honor of wearing a badge look bad. I hope he gets bent over in jail... frequently and painfully.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:41   #20
JDennis

Quote:

I can agree to a point. But the only time I been belittled and insulted by a LEO has been troopers. In both states I have lived in. My grandfather is a retired trooper so I have no prejudice but they are a different breed so to speak. I imagine the swing in stand up and corrupt can be greater. No matter what happens LEO is for the greater good (and sometimes a pita for us good citizens that have brain fart). It is a travesty that some bad eggs feel the need to do this. I hope he gets what he deserves.
Old 11-29-2012, 20:57   #21
Fox184

I know of a former trooper that was caught stealing. He now has a felony conviction and is riding the gravy train. He claimed PTSD or some crap, received a medical retirement, and is getting a check from the state for the rest of his miserable life. Hell, the agency even issued him a retiree ID card.

If that doesn't chap your ass nothing will.
Old 11-29-2012, 21:04   #22
ticktwrter

Several years ago a neighboring officer actually took concert tickets from the body of a fatal crash victim. He figured no ne would miss them. He was caught when he went to the concert but the dead guy's family were in the connecting seats....cost him his job as it should have.
Old 11-29-2012, 21:19   #23
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Patrol troopers in Alabama ride the gravy train. Troopers are required to standby on highway construction sights here. Part of the job?

No, it's all overtime. The off duty guys close to retirement padded their income by thousands of dollars to pad their pension.

Meanwhile, municipal police and deputies serve warrants and do a helluva lot more than run radar guns.
Troopers in AL are limited in the amount of overtime they can apply to their retirement. That limit is 20% of their base pay. The majority of the overtime is alloted to the lower ranking (and lower paid Troopers).
Construction zone OT is paid through the DOT and areas with large numbers of construction zones will be required to use other agencies.

Your only run radar gun comment requires only this .
Old 11-29-2012, 21:25   #24
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
Troopers in AL are limited in the amount of overtime they can apply to their retirement. That limit is 20% of their base pay. The majority of the overtime is alloted to the lower ranking (and lower paid Troopers).
Construction zone OT is paid through the DOT and areas with large numbers of construction zones will be required to use other agencies.

Your only run radar gun comment requires only this .
So, at $50k, a trooper can earn $10k of OT. The average salary of the final 3 out of 5 years determines the monthly pension.

These city and county cops are in harm's way more the the troopers.
Old 11-29-2012, 21:31   #25
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Yep. Parking behind a bush at 3 AM itching for the chance to write a ticket to the first guy going five over must be real tough.