Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-29-2012, 20:02   #1
m2hmghb

Medical supplies

I put this in the firefighter and EMS forum but CT gets more traffic. I need to pick up some celox gauze and some isreali bandages, I was wondering if you guys know of good websites that have decent prices and the gear won't expire for about a year or so. Mom has a low platelet count and is on blood thinners as well as chemo for abdominal cancer so I want to get the gear just in case something happens. I hope I never need it, but I'll feel a lot better to know it's around. Thanks in advance.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 20:19   #2
yellowhand

Only place I know that carries what you're looking forward, except in Tel Aviv
http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A3V9K8LW3XHFJG
Can't get the direct link to work, just go amazon, and search Israeli bandages, all come up then, they carry from shsy...

May G-d bless your mom...

Last edited by yellowhand; 11-29-2012 at 20:23..
yellowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 21:11   #3
freeride88

Send a message via AIM to freeride88
http://lapolicegear.ecomm-search.com...&searchsubmit=

LAPG has always been great for me.
freeride88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 21:48   #4
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
http://www.officersurvival.org/produ...ion-tourniquet

http://www.officersurvival.org/colle...raeli-dressing

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 13:48   #5
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

i use the following:

chinook med
rescue essentials
amazon

why celox over QC?
Old 11-30-2012, 20:45   #6
A6Gator

Why QC over Celox?
Old 11-30-2012, 22:45   #7
m2hmghb

QC can get over 100 degrees, celox doesnt. I might need to use it on minor injuries so I dont want to add a burn to it, or any kind of skin irritation. I just decided to order from amazon, I had to get a repack kit for my sister too(stuff I know she would use but wouldn't replace). Oh well, that's how it goes.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:57   #8
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

The gauze doesn't create any heat or burns and its on amazon for around $40 usually

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-01-2012, 02:49   #9
m2hmghb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
The gauze doesn't create any heat or burns and its on amazon for around $40 usually

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I picked up an 8x8 gauze pad and a couple of isreali bandages. I hope I never need them, but I'll have them just in case. I'll probably end up getting some of the granules eventually.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:34   #10
COLOSHOOTR

Don't use the powder QC if you can help if!!!

One of our old reserves is an Army Doctor and he hates the stuff. He told me only use the powder if that is all you have to save someone's life. On top of the heat issues others have talked about he said once the victim is at the hospital they have to literally scrape the powder stuff out causing more damage and further pain to the victim they are treating.

If you have a choice on what to get he said to go with the quick clot gauze.

Another site to go to is narescue.com
They are all about tactical medicine so they have all you'd ever need and more. Pick youself up a CAT Tourniquet while you're there. If I were only able to carry two things they would be a good compression (Isreali) bandage and a CAT. Also look for tac med classes. I took one here that was a class designed for LEO's and it was worth it!

-George Orwell-

Last edited by COLOSHOOTR; 12-01-2012 at 03:35..
COLOSHOOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:38   #11
m2hmghb

That's why I picked up the sponge Celox. I'll probably eventually get the CAT(it's bookmarked) but right now I'm priotizing based on probability. More probable for a decent cut then something requiring a tourniquit, and if I do need one I'll just use an exercise tube. As for the medical course that's a no go. I'm disabled and home bound, I don't even drive. I've read up as much as I can, which is why I am going overboard on med supplies. Mom's platelet level was bad enough they did a transfusion of them.

I'm the son of a retired cop, and two of my cousin's are pd. The third is an EMT and is trying to get on a dept. I feel more at home here then the rest of the site.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:54   #12
ateamer
NRA4EVR

Lots of places sell Israeli bandages. Just Google it and you will find plenty of choices.
Know-it-all
ateamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 16:48   #13
OfficerSurvival

Thanks for the link!

Hey-

This is Jake with The Officer Survival Initiative. I saw all the referral traffic from CJStudent's post and wanted to say thanks, we really appreciate it.

The Officer Survival Initiative is an online vendor of high quality [URL="http://www.officersurvival.org/collections/massive-hemorrhage"]tactical medical supplies[/URL] and [URL="http://www.officersurvival.org/collections/body-armor"]ballistic armor products[/URL] by US Armor. While our primary market is law enforcement, we cater to many audiences and we'd be happy to help out any GT members who are looking for something!

We've also got our "12 Tactical Days Of Christmas" sale coming up next week, I'll post something over in the vendor section. Thanks again!

Jake
OfficerSurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:58   #14
OfficerSurvival

Hey-

I ended up over here on GT courtesy of CJStudent's link to our site, Thanks!

On-topic- We carry both Celox and QC and it really is personal preference. Both are good products and the thermal issues have been resolved. Really the only concern any more is with the powder products (regardless of manufacturer) and debridement. The sponges and impregnated gauze have resolved this though and you can't really go wrong with new QC or Celox. IMHO, I really like the QC 1st response sponges. If anybody needs help sourcing out the right products, building a kit, or whatever, just let us know.

Jake

[url]www.officersurvival.org[/url]

Last edited by OfficerSurvival; 12-07-2012 at 20:19.. Reason: Oops, mis-spelled.
Old 12-07-2012, 20:07   #15
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerSurvival View Post
Hey-

I ended up over here on GT courtesy of CJStudent's link to our site, Thanks!

On-topic- We carry both Celox and QC and it really is personal preference. Both are good products and the thermal issues have been resolved. Really the only concern any more is with the powder products (regardless of manufacturer) and debridement. The sponges and impregnated gauze have resolved this though and you can't really go wrong with new QC or Celox. IMHO, I really like the QC 1st response sponges. If anybody needs help sourcing out the right products, building a kit, or whatever, just let us know.

Jake

www.offficersurvival.org

Edit your URL link. You have one too many f's in officersurvival and if it is clicked on, it comes back as a dead link.

Bastard! - TBO
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 20:18   #16
OfficerSurvival

Oops. Thanks BlueIron.

Jake
Old 12-07-2012, 20:25   #17
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerSurvival View Post