GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 15:00   #41
matt_lowry123
Senior Member
 
matt_lowry123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: owensboro KY
Posts: 1,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Oh no, you didn't?!!
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 18:37   #42
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,940
I do like this one, I could see myself buying one of these beauties

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index....p139e0fkz1n301

I really like the basic nature of this 1911.

Anyone have a C&S 1911 or BHP?
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 18:59   #43
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Just added a built this June 2012 Nighthawk Falcon in black Nitride to the stable today. I will say, that while I'm not sold on NH as much these days as I was in their early days, this one is built extremely well. Shoots lights out too.


1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

Last edited by glock2740; 12-07-2012 at 19:00..
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:09   #44
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Just added a built this June 2012 Nighthawk Falcon in black Nitride to the stable today. I will say, that while I'm not sold on NH as much these days as I was in their early days, this one is built extremely well. Shoots lights out too.


1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums
Now see crap like this is not conducive to my plan to not buy more semi custom 1911s Stop it already!

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-07-2012 at 19:10..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:12   #45
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Now see crap like this is not conducive to my plan to not buy more semi custom 1911s Stop it already!
Sorry man...................NOT!

glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:17   #46
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Sorry man...................NOT!

We should require warnings on posts with pics of 1911s, something along the line of

"Warning, pictures attached that may influence you to spend way too much money on a 1911 that you know you really do not need anyways. Proceed at you own risk and don't cry & moan if you drop $2500 or more on a gun that only holds 9 rounds"

Should be a federal law, I am contacting the Big O to see if I can get it passed.....
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:34   #47
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:45   #48
sawgrass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
We should require warnings on posts with pics of 1911s, something along the line of

"Warning, pictures attached that may influence you to spend way too much money on a 1911 that you know you really do not need anyways. Proceed at you own risk and don't cry & moan if you drop $2500 or more on a gun that only holds 9 rounds"

Should be a federal law, I am contacting the Big O to see if I can get it passed.....
yep...
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 20:03   #49
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,693
Yeah, this site has cost me a many tens of thousands of dollars.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 20:13   #50
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Yeah, this site has cost me a many tens of thousands of dollars.
What the hell are YOU talking about?!?! YOU'VE cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!

glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 20:20   #51
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
What the hell are YOU talking about?!?! YOU'VE cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!

Yeah no doubt, I wonder about the possibilities of a class action lawsuit based on his evil tempting of us with his pics.......

....I mean we could split his stuff up pretty evenly I think. We could leave him a Taurus 1911 (gold bling and all) so he would not be defenseless.

And since the lawsuit is my ideal I get dibs on the carpet......

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-07-2012 at 20:21..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 20:49   #52
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Yeah no doubt, I wonder about the possibilities of a class action lawsuit based on his evil tempting of us with his pics.......

....I mean we could split his stuff up pretty evenly I think. We could leave him a Taurus 1911 (gold bling and all) so he would not be defenseless.

And since the lawsuit is my ideal I get dibs on the carpet......
I love it!!! Summitch has cost me plenty for sure.

Last edited by glock2740; 12-07-2012 at 20:50..
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:30   #53
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
What the hell are YOU talking about?!?! YOU'VE cost us hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!

__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:31   #54
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Yeah no doubt, I wonder about the possibilities of a class action lawsuit based on his evil tempting of us with his pics.......

....I mean we could split his stuff up pretty evenly I think. We could leave him a Taurus 1911 (gold bling and all) so he would not be defenseless.

And since the lawsuit is my ideal I get dibs on the carpet......
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:34   #55
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
What are you laughing about Brian? He's serious. My lawyer talked to his lawyer today and I think you owe us some money man. I'll be willing to settle out of court for my pick of you collection though.

glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:41   #56
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
What are you laughing about Brian? He's serious. My lawyer talked to his lawyer today and I think you owe us some money man. I'll be willing to settle out of court for my pick of you collection though.

Correct sir! And because I am just that kind of guy I will take guns other than 1911s named in the lawsuit as compensation......I mean I would not want to be the guy who took all you 1911s....

I will settle for all the Walthers and the Colt revolvers.......and a couple of Papa Johns large pizzas......and a hooker....not a nasty cheap one like I pick up when I tell the wife "I am going to the auto parts store" either but one of those fancy ones that comes to your house and all.....
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 22:46   #57
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,693
You guys are too much, lol
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:12   #58
ajgranda
Senior Member
 
ajgranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
Nighthawk is a shadow of what it used to be, personally, I'm not a fan when there are several others to consider. .
I'm not too sure of that. I spoke to a NHC rep recently and they said all of their parts are now forged, no castings. On par with WC bulletproof parts. Also, their standard BN treatment (not coating) is better than anything Wilson or Brown offers. If you want any color other than Black, they still use Permakote though.
__________________
Retired LEO
HR 218 Qualified (Rockland County, NY Police Academy)

Last edited by ajgranda; 12-08-2012 at 08:14..
ajgranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:31   #59
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 90,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD357 View Post
Wilson as of lately is disappointing with all the price increases to ME, you're just better off going full custom for $3-4K+. That being said, Wilson Combat is the best in terms of building you anything you want and using parts THEY make including their own frames. Nighthawk is a shadow of what it used to be, personally, I'm not a fan when there are several others to consider. Browns are pretty and well made, have a friend that has 20K through his in the last couple years. Baer is still the best deal going on this "tier" of 1911s but you're not gonna get much bling, if you're a shooter then you won't care.
Joe just bought a new Nighthawk and I'm looking forward to his opinion. I will say some of the new Nighthawks at my shop feel pretty good.

Maybe they're bouncing back.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:07   #60
MD357
Senior Member
 
MD357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgranda View Post
I'm not too sure of that. I spoke to a NHC rep recently and they said all of their parts are now forged, no castings. On par with WC bulletproof parts. Also, their standard BN treatment (not coating) is better than anything Wilson or Brown offers. If you want any color other than Black, they still use Permakote though.
Yeah they're full of it. Look up them using Kimber ambi safeties and guys sending them back and NH's CS giving them hell saying they won't warranty them. They knew if they wanted a strong ambi they'd have to buy them from Wilson. It's good that they started using melonite or whatever but their other coatings had issues. The biggest problem I have is that they are on remsport frame and slides. Nothing wrong with them but I'm not paying $3k for one when I can have either a DW (cheaper) or a Wilson or Brown. Whom, make their own stuff including their own frame and slides. Nighthawk merely buys stuff and rebadges it so I'm not impressed for that kind of money when Baer, Brown, GC, and Wilson are the competition. YMMV.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 678
161 Members
517 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42