SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:48   #126
thisaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17119jfkioe View Post
The best is when they have a Glock and they make the clicking sound as if they cocked a hammer
+l
Wheelhouse #452, 10 Ring#5744, Mil Surp & MBR# 3006, ad nauseam

"By and large, the most successful riflemen were the over-mountain men of Tennessee." Richard B. LaCrosse, Jr., The Frontier Rifleman

"....the man with the rifle knows." USA AMU
thisaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:35   #127
brisk21

Its funny that they will spend millions and millions of dollars on making a movie, but they don't hire a decent weapons expert to make the gun scenes realistic.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20   #128
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk21 View Post
Its funny that they will spend millions and millions of dollars on making a movie, but they don't hire a decent weapons expert to make the gun scenes realistic.

Partly, I think the problem is that movies create their own "realism." After one movie-maker does something, others follow suit because they feel that the audiences have become conditioned to seeing an event a certain way, or they won't accept it as "real."

Hence, we have nuclear hand grenades, bullets that spark against all manner of materials, Glocks getting "cocked," and other such stupidities.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:08   #129
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Partly, I think the problem is that movies create their own "realism." After one movie-maker does something, others follow suit because they feel that the audiences have become conditioned to seeing an event a certain way, or they won't accept it as "real."

Hence, we have nuclear hand grenades, bullets that spark against all manner of materials, Glocks getting "cocked," and other such stupidities.

I believe you're right. Make a movie with a relatively realistic number of rounds fired, a realistic number of hits on target when the shooters are supposed to be pros, no random gun clicky noises, reloads, and realistic tactics/use of cover/not running across an open area with 10 auto rifles firing at the hero and missing, and the vast majority of the audience would say it was the most boring and unrealistic thing they'd ever seen.

The best I've seen have probably been way of the gun and collateral, although no one knows of way of the gun it seems.

I've known people who think that a .45 really will blow someone backwards. I can only guess they got that from a movie.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25   #130
FireForged
Millenium #3936

OMG dont make me go there! well ok:

1. the click click click of a semi auto with the slide locked back.

2. when a holstered prob gun worn by one of the primary characters seems to change make and model from scene to scene.

3. When combatants who have tried to kill one another for the past hour suddenly find themselves face to face but still feel the need to keep a finger out of the trigger guard. really?

4. the needless racking of a shotgun 4 , 5 or 6 times (for effect)

on a side note- The metal to metal ssschwinng! each time a person pulls a knife, sword, dirk, foil or anything else from a scabbard. Its just silly... i mean heck, you may as well do it for pocket knives too........sssschwinnnngg!

Last edited by FireForged; 12-01-2012 at 12:27..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:33   #131
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechRedneck View Post
The best I've seen have probably been way of the gun and collateral, although no one knows of way of the gun it seems.
Not surprisingly, only the "gun aficionados" seem to have heard of that movie...

As much as I enjoy their movies, John Woo and Quentin Tarentino have probably distorted and warped peoples' perceptions of guns more than any other film-makers...

--
Old 12-01-2012, 12:34   #132
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireForged View Post
on a side note- The metal to metal ssschwinng! each time a person pulls a knife, sword, dirk, foil or anything else from a scabbard. Its just silly... i mean heck, you may as well do it for pocket knives too........sssschwinnnngg!
Check out the Spyderco being opened in "Cliffhanger" -- you'd swear someone is pulling a sword out of a bronze scabbard...

--
Old 12-01-2012, 13:23   #133
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechRedneck View Post
I've known people who think that a .45 really will blow someone backwards. I can only guess they got that from a movie.
Or from a 1911 forum
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 13:35   #134
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Or from a 1911 forum

...Don't get me started on the 10mm... General Firearms Forum

--
Old 12-01-2012, 15:14   #135
circa02

Actors holding up their guns below their eye-lines, hence not using the sites. Cops bust into an apartment, weapons drawn, look for less then 2 seconds, then holster them, saying, "clear".
circa02 is offline   Reply With Quote