GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 13:15   #61
4 glocks

In the movie Pearl Harbor when the cook (Carter) was shooting at the Zero the AA gun's ammo boxes were closed.
After the plane crashes they pan back at him with his fist in the air, and the AA gun's ammo boxes are open.

When I would watch a movie with my wife. (who was not a gun person) I would ask her what kind of gun that was, and if she did not know I would tell her. After a year or two she could name just about every gun.
Old 11-27-2012, 13:22   #62
JFrame

How about bullets that cause sparks to fly off of any surface they hit -- including wood, fabric, glass, etc.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 13:34   #63
arclight610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
Bullets being stopped by drywall, garbage cans, body of dead BG used as cover, etc.
I've lost count of how many times a guy survives a hail of machine gun and rifle fire buy hiding behind the BG he manged to circle parry and put between him and the shooters....very clever.
Or the batting in couches and cushions, or a stack of pallets that my .22 could shoot through
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 13:42   #64
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Y'all must watch movies a lot closer than I do.

However I do remember one that always makes me smile. It's in the movie "Shenadoah" with Jimmy Stewart. In one scene "the boy" has gotten caught up with a Confederate Army unit. The Yankees are charging their position, the boy throws up his rifle, fires a shot, then flip open the trap and ejects a cartridge from his Trapdoor Springfield.

Oh well. Probably no one else noticed it, and those muzzle loaders are a lot of trouble on movie sets I'm sure. And the Trapdoor does LOOK a lot like a Springfield/Endfield Musket.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 13:45   #65

Giant muzzle flashes.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:11   #66
SigFTW

The Spaghetti westerns that over used the "bullet ricochet" sound effect. Was still fun to watch!
Old 11-27-2012, 14:16   #67
HoldHard

Good guy has a 2" snub nose revolver and shoots at the bad guy that is 100 yards away, positioned behind cover on the rooftop. Bad guy gets hit (really???) and then with the bullet's momentum he falls forward off the roof!!!

Physics don't work that way. 2" snubnose revolvers rarely (if ever) hit at 100 yards.

The only decent movie with realistic automatic weapons was Heat starring Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Val Kilmer.
Old 11-27-2012, 14:16   #68
Berto
woo woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
The Spaghetti westerns that over used the "bullet ricochet" sound effect. Was still fun to watch!
Esp the hat shooting scene where Blondie is lighting up the townfolk at Tuco's hanging. Bullets must have been skipping off their scalps.
I was in the house when the house burned down.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:26   #69
pokersamurai

Speaking of The Walking Dead, did anyone notice the Maglite suppressor?

General Firearms Forum

Aside from the fact that I have no idea how the slide would reciprocate with the Maglite attached.

I mean come on. This is America, In a zombie apocalypse you should be able to scavenge at least one quality suppressor from somewhere.

Old 11-27-2012, 14:26   #70
fuzzy03cls

Lamp posts, telephone poles, car doors, all great cover & stop bullets.
Bullets that explode gas tanks, propane tanks, & light fires with spilled gas
Bullets that define physics, bend, shoot through the head of 8 people in a circle.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:30   #71
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
1. Bad guys being propelled several times their own height or screaming off balconies and rooftops upon being hit by projectiles.
2. Inexhaustible magazine syndrome.
3. Superhuman accuracy during rapid, single handed shooting, mostly of pistols but sometimes also M60s.

Not a mistake, but:
4. Promo shots and footage of otherwise respectable actors holding guns with their fingers planted squarely on the triggers.
Check some old "John Wayne" movies......love the guy but when he shoots a pistol, his finger is all the way through the guard. The second joint of his finger pulls the trigger.
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:37   #72
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
Y'all must watch movies a lot closer than I do.
I guess I just pay a lot of attention to detail.

Just last night I was watching an episode of Lost, and a girls hair is in front of her left shoulder. It pans away, then back within a split second and now her hair is all behind her shoulder. Another pan, and it's back in front of her shoulder again, in the exact same way as the first time. She was seated inside so it's not like we have a lot of wind going on in this scene ...

Stuff like that bothers me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
|

Last edited by Fear Night; 11-27-2012 at 14:42..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:40   #73
Ken52789

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
Watching the trailer (in which they showed that scene) almost kept me from tuning into the series. Almost...

Since then, TWD seems intent on including at least one WTF? firearm moment in every episode - the most recent being a clearly bent rifle barrel. I swear they're doing it on purpose.

General Firearms Forum
This had me laughing so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersamurai View Post
Speaking of The Walking Dead, did anyone notice the Maglite suppressor?

General Firearms Forum

Aside from the fact that I have no idea how the slide would reciprocate with the Maglite attached.

I mean come on. This is America, In a zombie apocalypse you should be able to scavenge at least one quality suppressor from somewhere.

never noticed it was a maglite bahaha

Last edited by Ken52789; 11-27-2012 at 14:42..
Ken52789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:49   #74
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
That was to help launch the bullet as they had really slow burning powder back then.
I had forgotten about the slow burning powder. Makes perfect sense now!
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 15:01   #75
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
This damn maneuver is performed on almost every show using a semi-auto. Yet, I never see a chambered round ejected after doing it the second time.

I know no one carrying without a chambered round, and no one throwing away and wasting rounds unnecessarily.

Writers must be ignorant about everything they write. Very few shows seem to use experts for accuracy. I know about literary license but this is literary ignorance.
It would be so easy to make the show seem legitimate too. It's sad because all these idiots have to do is hire someone like me or most members on GT and bam, they'd have a show that's completely accurate when it comes to the simple function of firearms. Unfortunately it seems like writers just use guns as accessories for their shows and don't have an ounce of respect for them.

Sent from the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer

Last edited by BicycleDay43; 11-27-2012 at 15:05..
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 15:01   #76
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

My favorite firearm flubs of all time were in "The Taking of Pelham 123".

First, a police officer gives Denzel's character a Walther PPK. He shows him how to use the safety, "up for safe and down for fire" he demonstrates... obviously wrong and completely backwards.

Then, after Denzel later retrieves the Walther from the pocket of the duffel bag it was concealed in, the PPK has somehow magically become a Kahr.
Old 11-27-2012, 15:04   #77
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
I guess I just pay a lot of attention to detail.

Just last night I was watching an episode of Lost, and a girls hair is in front of her left shoulder. It pans away, then back within a split second and now her hair is all behind her shoulder. Another pan, and it's back in front of her shoulder again, in the exact same way as the first time. She was seated inside so it's not like we have a lot of wind going on in this scene ...

Stuff like that bothers me

Now, that's some seriously funky continuity editing there...

My wife used to be a video producer, and she has a real eye for that stuff. She'll keep interrupting movies and T.V. shows to point out how blood splotches on actors' clothes keep jumping around on their bodies from scene to scene...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 15:17   #78
Chowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
This damn maneuver is performed on almost every show using a semi-auto. Yet, I never see a chambered round ejected after doing it the second time.
i remember an old jean claude vandamme movie where he picked up a Beretta off the ground, racked the slide and a chambered round did come out!
Chowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 18:43   #79
wavetrain75
Useless Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I want that flush fitting 1,000 round mag for a Beretta 92.
Only Gecko 45 is allowed to have those.
Old 11-27-2012, 19:06   #80
garya1961

I like the old westerns where they hide behind a wagon wheel while being shot at. I told a guy at work I was going to get me a wagon wheel and put it in my bedroom just in case if someone breaks in I could hide behind it while shooting at the bad guy.
garya1961 is offline   Reply With Quote