Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 14:01   #76
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

My favorite firearm flubs of all time were in "The Taking of Pelham 123".

First, a police officer gives Denzel's character a Walther PPK. He shows him how to use the safety, "up for safe and down for fire" he demonstrates... obviously wrong and completely backwards.

Then, after Denzel later retrieves the Walther from the pocket of the duffel bag it was concealed in, the PPK has somehow magically become a Kahr.
Old 11-27-2012, 14:04   #77
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
I guess I just pay a lot of attention to detail.

Just last night I was watching an episode of Lost, and a girls hair is in front of her left shoulder. It pans away, then back within a split second and now her hair is all behind her shoulder. Another pan, and it's back in front of her shoulder again, in the exact same way as the first time. She was seated inside so it's not like we have a lot of wind going on in this scene ...

Stuff like that bothers me

Now, that's some seriously funky continuity editing there...

My wife used to be a video producer, and she has a real eye for that stuff. She'll keep interrupting movies and T.V. shows to point out how blood splotches on actors' clothes keep jumping around on their bodies from scene to scene...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:17   #78
Chowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
This damn maneuver is performed on almost every show using a semi-auto. Yet, I never see a chambered round ejected after doing it the second time.
i remember an old jean claude vandamme movie where he picked up a Beretta off the ground, racked the slide and a chambered round did come out!
Chowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 17:43   #79
wavetrain75
Useless Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I want that flush fitting 1,000 round mag for a Beretta 92.
Only Gecko 45 is allowed to have those.
Old 11-27-2012, 18:06   #80
garya1961

I like the old westerns where they hide behind a wagon wheel while being shot at. I told a guy at work I was going to get me a wagon wheel and put it in my bedroom just in case if someone breaks in I could hide behind it while shooting at the bad guy.
garya1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 18:19   #81
railfancwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
Bullets that define physics, bend, shoot through the head of 8 people in a circle.
Sounds like the magic bullet which killed JFK and wounded the governor.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-27-2012, 18:53   #82
Trent

Old movies and cop shows of the 70s and 80s with screw in suppressors for revolvers. Ugh.
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:37   #83
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Now, that's some seriously funky continuity editing there...

My wife used to be a video producer, and she has a real eye for that stuff. She'll keep interrupting movies and T.V. shows to point out how blood splotches on actors' clothes keep jumping around on their bodies from scene to scene...

Just last night I was watching the latest episode of Dexter. There was a scene where he was taking a boat ride. He stops the boat in the middle of the ocean with nothing in any direction for a few miles. Camera comes in close and now I can see a rock Jetty come into view, and as the camera pans, the boat looks to be only 50ish yards from the Jetty. Now the camera cuts back to the zoomed out view and we are back out in the open ocean, and he gasses it heading directly where the Jetty was a few seconds ago.

I just can't catch a break

Last edited by Fear Night; 11-28-2012 at 05:38..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03   #84
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
Just last night I was watching the latest episode of Dexter. There was a scene where he was taking a boat ride. He stops the boat in the middle of the ocean with nothing in any direction for a few miles. Camera comes in close and now I can see a rock Jetty come into view, and as the camera pans, the boat looks to be only 50ish yards from the Jetty. Now the camera cuts back to the zoomed out view and we are back out in the open ocean, and he gasses it heading directly where the Jetty was a few seconds ago.

I just can't catch a break

You DO have a good eye -- my wife and I both watch that show, and neither of us caught that...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:46   #85
Black&TAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Stephen King was the one writer I used to read who was worst about that - I finally quit reading anything he writes and I now read Dean Koontz, who is both pro-gun and knowledgeable about them.
You've turned me on to Koontz. Picked up Kindle versions and started into Odd Interlude 1 and Watchers. Looking forward to a good, accurate read.

sent via Tapatalk

Last edited by Black&TAN; 11-28-2012 at 10:03..
Black&TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02   #86
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I want that flush fitting 1,000 round mag for a Beretta 92.

I think they have them for just about all other movie guns too. Wouldn't it be nice to have a endless supply of ammo in your gun when you go to the range?
At least one movie admits to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjp1KBZKQ1M
BuckyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:19   #87
mac66
Plant the seed

We could probably spend a hundred pages bringing up gun errors in movies.

A few that come to mind.

First Indiana Jones movie where he is in the tavern in Tibet and gets into a firefight with the Nazis. One scene he is shooting his revolver, cut away and back and he has an automatic. Cut away and back and he has a revolver again.

Recently watched 'The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance' with John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart and Lee Marvin. In the gun fight scene between Jimmy Stewart and Lee Marvin, Stewart is seen loading a double action revolver made up to look like a single action.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:22   #88
omega48038

People getting blown off their feet, or through a wall, by a pistol.

Two of my favorite non firearms related: Goodfellas, when Jimmy is trying to get Morrie to pay up, the phone rings while Jimmy is beating Morrie with the receiver.

In Terminator 2, in the scene where the kid is being chased through the L.A. viaducts. I didn't know Peterbilt made dirt bikes, that thing had at least 16 gears.
omega48038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24   #89
iontrap

It bugs me to see an actor using a tea cup grip.
iontrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:39   #90
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Recent episode of Hunted, had the lead character thumb cocking a GLOCK. It's bad enough when the sound effects guys get it wrong post editing, but to have an actress thumbing an imaginary hammer....

General Firearms Forum
BuckyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35   #91
Mister Clean

Last edited by Mister Clean; 11-28-2012 at 13:33..
Mister Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:57   #92
4 glocks

Last weekend I watching an old 1950's western show call the "Rebel". They said several times in the show the Civil War ended 3 years earlier. 1865+3=1868 they showed a close up of someone holding a Peacemaker (Peacemaker came out in 1873) Most people would not notice, but I did.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:32   #93
TeeJay37

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
Watching the trailer (in which they showed that scene) almost kept me from tuning into the series. Almost...

Since then, TWD seems intent on including at least one WTF? firearm moment in every episode - the most recent being a clearly bent rifle barrel. I swear they're doing it on purpose.

General Firearms Forum
I noticed that, but I thought it was supposed to be a weird crossbow, since I didn't get a good look at it and most of them use bows.

Mine would have to be the threatening to shoot someone/holding them at gunpoint with the hammer down 1911 or the revolver making sounds like the cases are hitting the ground.
TeeJay37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 13:25   #94
Leigh

Not really weapon-related but I once saw an old (early 1970's) color movie about Roman Legions and during a major battle you could clearly make out a white aircraft trail in the blue sky!
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 13:34   #95
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&TAN View Post
You've turned me on to Koontz. Picked up Kindle versions and started into Odd Interlude 1 and Watchers. Looking forward to a good, accurate read.

sent via Tapatalk
I also like Fear Nothing and Seize the Night. Read those in order after Watchers. They are a loose continuation of the smart dogs, with some relation back ot Watchers.
Old 11-28-2012, 13:42   #96
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scccdoc View Post
Check some old "John Wayne" movies......love the guy but when he shoots a pistol, his finger is all the way through the guard. The second joint of his finger pulls the trigger.
Just like I was taught to shoot a revolver in the police academy? I'm pretty good at it too. Maybe John Wayne was onto something.

Also pretty much exactly how I was told to pull a rifle trigger by a national champion service rifle shooter from the Army Marksmanship Unit. I still don't do it that way, but I have heard at least 2 USAMU NTI national champion service rifle shooters, SFC Kyle Ward and SSG Brandon Green, give the same advice - as much finger through the guard as you can get.

Then again, back in the wild west days, it would be period correct to show a guy pulling the trigger with his middle finger, as at least one handgun shooting book of the time said was the "only" way to do it.

I'll hold off calling that one a mistake.

Last edited by Bren; 11-28-2012 at 13:43..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 18:13   #97
Kelo6

I was watching the last season of Alias, and in multiple episodes, they had standard Beretta M92 with clearly NO CAN on it but they used the "silencer" sound in post production.

Kelo6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 18:58   #98
10mm Sonny

In the TV show Miami Vice, whenever Crockett fired his Bren 10 it sounded like a cannon.

That wasn't sound effects added. That **** was real!!!
10mm Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 19:46   #99
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Recent episode of Hunted, had the lead character thumb cocking a GLOCK. It's bad enough when the sound effects guys get it wrong post editing, but to have an actress thumbing an imaginary hammer....
She was also gripping it about 2 inches low on the backstrap.
Old 11-28-2012, 20:13   #100
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFTW View Post
You can always watch A-Team and see hundreds of thousands of rounds shot and never hitting anyone.
That I have no problem believing. Everybody firing from the hip. Nobody aiming. No surprise nobody ever got hit. Considering how many of them were shooting Mini-14s the part I can't believe is no jams.

General Firearms Forum

Now Denny Crane at least knows how to handle a gun.

General Firearms Forum

And no silly cocking or clicking sounds before he shot that mugger in the knee and feet.

http://youtu.be/_KvO-8IvoCI
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 11-28-2012 at 20:23..
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote