SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 22:44   #1
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

scope ?'s, anyone use the Nikon "M" AR scopes

I just picked up a DPMS LR 308 and was planning on putting my scope from my varminter RRA (Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50) on it, but now I am torn about just buying the Nikon M223 and M308 in 4-16. They both already have a ballistic turret on them (which I would have put anyway so it saves me some coin) and would be almost exactly alike so easy to transition.

Anyone used these? Otherwise it is likely a Viper PST for both guns as I have experience with Vortex and like them (and get a great price).

Also: bonus question, are the "M" series Monarchs?
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 18:19   #2
bman940
Nikon Pro Staff

Nikon M-223, M-308

I've had the pleasure of using the (yes, M for MONARCH) M-223 Series Scopes since they arrived 2 years ago. Great success target shooting and predator hunting. I have buddies who would rather use heavier bullets in their AR's so I suggest the BDC reticle and Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to achive the most accuracy. Spot On also allows reloaders to dial in their own specific ammo as well.
I have yet to put a round under the M-308 but gave it a good look at Shot Show. A number of friends have put 100's of rounds under one and have given it nothing but rave reviews. Hopefully I'll have one soon. I am using a MONARCH 4-16 BDC on my LMT .308 while hunting in KS. Well, I"m not really using it, my wife shot it and loved it and hasn't given it up for any of our hunting trips.
I hope this info help's ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bman940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:41   #3
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
I've had the pleasure of using the (yes, M for MONARCH) M-223 Series Scopes since they arrived 2 years ago. Great success target shooting and predator hunting. I have buddies who would rather use heavier bullets in their AR's so I suggest the BDC reticle and Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program to achive the most accuracy. Spot On also allows reloaders to dial in their own specific ammo as well.
I have yet to put a round under the M-308 but gave it a good look at Shot Show. A number of friends have put 100's of rounds under one and have given it nothing but rave reviews. Hopefully I'll have one soon. I am using a MONARCH 4-16 BDC on my LMT .308 while hunting in KS. Well, I"m not really using it, my wife shot it and loved it and hasn't given it up for any of our hunting trips.
I hope this info help's ?
definitely helps, thank you.

I just thought about the altitude issue though. The M-308 turret should work perfectly for my short term needs (hog hunt in S TX) but I will likely need to get a new one for my typical altitudes up here.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote