SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 00:58   #81
goldenlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
That may be your personal belief, but it isn't mine.

I'd risk my life to save my pets. I don't necessarily feel the same about other humans or even some of my own family members.
This.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:07   #82
Calico Jack
NO QUARTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
A burning house is dangerous even for firefighters to enter, much less people with no training or proper gear. It's the same reason firefighters go into burning houses for people first...they don't want to end up in the obituaries over someone's dog.

Assessing risks is part of life. If both of you burned to death because you failed, it doesn't make you a hero...it says you made a poor decision. I don't know about you, but I have a wife and kids...and they don't want me risking my life over a pet.
Would you reenter a burning building to save your wife or child?
Calico Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:27   #83
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
And here we have it. This is closer to the truth than what a lot of people here have posted. Sure, most people care about their pets immensely...but now back to reality.

Put in that situation, 99% of everyone here aren't running into any house engulfed in flames to save their pets...they will stand on the lawn and watch their house burn down in disbelief like everyone else.

It doesn't mean they don't care, humans have a natural instinct to survive...and it supersedes pulling movie stunts to save animals.

Over the years I have seen countless newspaper articles describing family standing around watching the house burn with family members inside.

Your statement proves nothing.

Your value of a life, any life, is different from others here; not all, but some.

Since you have a different set of values this discussion will settle nothing. Also, because yours are different, it doesn't make them "more right", just different.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57   #84
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver 60 View Post
No animal is worth risking even the most worthless human life over IMO. I love my dog and cat, but the only way I'd try to save them is if there was no risk to my life. Animals do not have a soul. Even the most worthless human has a soul and possibly one day they will come to know Jesus and be saved. No animal can ever do that.

If my pet gets sick, I can and will put a bullet in it's brain without a thought. For instance a few years ago an adult cat we adopted got leukemia. After a consult with a vet, I took it home, put a piece of it's favorite food in front of it, and while the cat was eating I put him down. Done the same to other pets over the years. Would never do something like that to a human, unless they were a threat to me or my loved ones.

That may be your belief but its not mine.

If my dogs can't/dont go to heaven, then I want to go where they do.

I love my dogs dearly, there are a hell of alot of people on this earth that don't rate what my dog does. My dogs give me pure, unadulterated, unquestioning love, and loyalty. There are very, very few people whom I could say that for.

You may not feel dogs are worth more than humans. But do not presume to attempt to force any of us that know better to try and live by, or believe your misguided values.

That said, we already know all dogs go to heaven.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24   #85
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post

That said, we already know all dogs go to heaven.
You need not worry. See this thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1401795

It's very clear in the Bible that our little furry friends will be with us for eternity.

For those who believe and know the Lord, no explanation is necessary.

For those who don't no explanation is possible.

Again, I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion on Religion but this is relevant to the topic.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:19   #86
Psychman
NRA Life Member

I think we should take a poll to see if Tantrix is right about 99% of the people here would not run back into a burning building to try to save their dog. Actually there is no need for the poll because I know he is not right.

I have said it before, I love people who love dogs and you all know who you are.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.

Last edited by Psychman; 11-27-2012 at 06:21..
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:24   #87
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
You make a fallacious assumption. I'm guessing that fnfalman would agree wtih the idea that not all animal life (and not all human life) has the same value.

I wouldn't eat my pets. I wouldn't kill my family. But I would eat some animals and I would kill some people.
Concisely and precisely correct.

Kingarthurhk posits from the viewpoint that God has given us dominion over all creatures. Thus, all creatures are inherently inferior. This is false.
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks

Last edited by eracer; 11-27-2012 at 06:25..
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:34   #88
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
1) It all started with the teenager running off to "save dear doggie".

2) Ask a rancher about dogs. If they became expensively injured, you dig a hole. You don't run down to the local animal clinic and mortage the ranch.

1) Your choice of words and the cadence of them, indicate the thoughts of a foul-natured, self-righteous, well, you get the idea...

2) Ask a rancher what I should think, and how I should feel... Yeah, like that is going to happen...

Life is very much a personal voyage through space and time, and happily, not subject to your opinion of anything...

Given the choice of jumping into the river for you or my dog? Well, you don't want to know...

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35   #89
eruby

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Why do you insist that others should have the same values as you?
This!

I can understand both viewpoints, but I don't expect anyone to have my viepoint.

If they do, good. If not, also good.

I'd risk my life for my cats, but I wouldn't piss on my (POS) sister if she were on fire.
eruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54   #90
badge315

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
I'm reminded of this episode of the Twilight Zone.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21   #91
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
That is some really sad priorities that you value animal life above humans and your own family. Are you vegan, and do you avoid all animal products? If not, it would appear your ethics and priorities are more tangled than twenty year old christmas lights.
Depends on the animal and the human. There are humans whose life I value more than any animal. And there are animals whose life I value more than the rest of the humans.

The sad part is the dog was able to get out of the water on it's own.

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:27   #92
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
I think we should take a poll to see if Tantrix is right about 99% of the people here would not run back into a burning building to try to save their dog. Actually there is no need for the poll because I know he is not right.
I wouldn't assume most people would be stupid enough to attempt something like that...but in GNG, anything (no matter how dumb) is possible.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-27-2012 at 07:32..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:11   #93
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19_AJ View Post
I'm not gonna die over any animal! Got a dog, he's become more trouble Than he's worth the past couple months, honestly wish I never got him. If somebody said it's you orthe dog buddy, I'd say take him then.
I think alot of us here wish you had never got the dog also.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:27   #94
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

If I saw my dog struggling in high surf, I would take a hard look at how I would effect a successful rescue resulting in the survival of both of us and go from there. That objective assessment might only take a moment to make, but I'd do it before I simply dove in the water. As a life long sailor and strong swimmer, I have a great deal of respect for the sea and blindly jumping into it unprepared is a good way to risk death. I love my pets and I will do what I can to save and protect them, but their lives are not worth my life when it comes down to the brass tacks. If I can see a way to pull off a rescue, I will be the first to try. Gotta see it as viable before I go in, though.

Last edited by Santa CruZin; 11-27-2012 at 08:37..
Santa CruZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:30   #95
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa CruZin View Post
If I saw my dog struggling in high surf, I would take a hard look at how I would effect a successful rescue that resulting in the survival of both of us and go from there. That objective assessment might only take a moment to make, but I'd do it before I simply dove in the water. As a life long sailor and strong swimmer, I have a great deal of respect for the sea and blindly jumping into it unprepared is a good way to risk death. I love my pets and I will do what I can to save and protect them, but their lives are not worth my life when it comes down to the brass tacks. If I can see a way to pull off a rescue, I will be the first to try. Gotta see it as viable before I go in, though.
You mean you wouldn't just jump in and see what happens?

Based on this post, according to most of GNG...you hate all of your pets and shouldn't even be allowed to own them.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-27-2012 at 08:30..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:37   #96
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Quote:
You mean you wouldn't just jump in and see what happens?

Based on this post, according to most of GNG...you hate all of your pets and shouldn't even be allowed to own them.
Never allow common sense to get in the way of GNG.

Especially if it's an APBT - if you don't die trying to save one, you're obviously a hate/fear monger towards the breed and not worthy of the internet or for that matter, anything.

If you take a look at the last page of the "Caturday..." thread, you can tell I hate and abuse my critters.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46   #97
Sveke

You guys really wouldn't jump in and save your dog?

I'm a strong swimmer and a big fan of my dog so its a no brainer for me.

How could you not try to save this pretty girl.....

The Okie Corral

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:13   #98
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver 60 View Post
No animal is worth risking even the most worthless human life over IMO. I love my dog and cat, but the only way I'd try to save them is if there was no risk to my life. Animals do not have a soul. Even the most worthless human has a soul and possibly one day they will come to know Jesus and be saved. No animal can ever do that.

nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:23   #99
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I am the crazy cat lady!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26   #100
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa CruZin View Post
I would take a hard look at how I would effect a successful rescue resulting in the survival of both of us and go from there. That objective assessment might only take a moment to make, but I'd do it before I simply dove in the water.
I reckon' this same logic would apply to anyone, animal or person, in a similar same situation. If not, it should, right? Even if it was your wife or child, to simply jump in blindly based on emotion with zero chance of either surviving is a pretty dumb thing to do, no?

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote