GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 19:11   #326
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
He won't answer because his critical thinking skills are non-existent and his position is untenable.

Fun to watch him squirm around though.........
Heck, he won't even admit that people can drown at the beach without a dog being involved.

He still won't share with us how he knows what the kid was thinking
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:13   #327
Kilrain
Señor Member
 
Kilrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On the road to Shambala
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
Oh he don't squirm.

He'll just keep insisting he's right till every one:

A. loses interest

or

B. The thread gets locked.
Perhaps "squirm" wasn't the best choice, perhaps contort or distort or convulse are more appropriate considering his ridiculous attempts at making some type of logical or even understandable point.

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing it out.

__________________
For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

- Sterling Archer
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:14   #328
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope
 
Lone Wolf8634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Under the bus
Posts: 6,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post

He still won't share with us how he knows what the kid was thinking
He has amazing powers of obfuscation!!
__________________
"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self esteem, be sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by A-holes." - William Gibson

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:15   #329
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope
 
Lone Wolf8634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Under the bus
Posts: 6,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
Perhaps "squirm" wasn't the best choice, perhaps contort or distort or convulse are more appropriate considering his ridiculous attempts at making some type of logical or even understandable point.

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing it out.

__________________
"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self esteem, be sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by A-holes." - William Gibson

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:21   #330
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
He has amazing powers of obfuscation!!
Omniscience is such a heavy burden, he just must share his revalations with us.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:50   #331
Critias
CLM Number 236
Freelancer
 
Critias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cleburne, TX
Posts: 16,476
Blog Entries: 14


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
If that value system weren't there, he wouldn't have gone in. I have evidence based on an actualy occurance. You and he have...?
You have no evidence. You have an assumption. You are assuming that he went in because he loved the dog like it was a person; as has been pointed out to you in this thread, by myself and several others, there is no reason to think that.

People jump into the ocean to chase frisbees. They jump into the ocean to recover hats. They go after sunglasses, they go in just to go swimming. According to you, they then must think their frisbee is human, or their hat, or pair of shades. Surely you can acknowledge how ridiculous that is?

And -- again, please pay attention -- the young man did not die going in after his dog.

Here, I'll say it again: This young man did not die going in after his dog. Every family member that died in those waters went in trying to save one another. You have refused to acknowledge this fact, despite it, too, being stated over and over again. How can you blame those who insist you're no longer arguing in good faith?

And here you are, twisting that into something you can use to insult their memory. And you do so while sporting that avatar, and those signature texts. You are shameful, and do my faith no favors.
__________________
"It seems that the least we owe the hero is that we remember him. Without remembrance, without honor, we cannot expect to have such men when we need them. Without an awareness of what has been done, we do not realize what can be done, nor are we inspired to do that which should be done. "
--Paul Kirchner
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:54   #332
Rodman
Senior Member
 
Rodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 503
Kingarthurhk, i respect your opinion but i disagree with you assuming what the 16 year olds thought process was at the time. people do all sorts of things for different reasons, in tragedy most people do things off of adrenaline and through their subconcious. he could of done what he did simply because he loved his dog, reacted and the unfortunate outcome was terrible for everyone. i dont know if you have ever been in situations where you didnt know if you were going make it out or not? i have been in ones that i went into willingly and others that just happened. either way you dont think you react. luckily for me i have always been the type of person who mentally prepares for things since i was a young boy. i grew up in a very bad part of Boston so i am originally from the city, you would have probably called me a city slicker lol. i have seen the best and worst of people in ways you most likely can not fathom, things that you probably wouldnt believe if i told you. i also though have lived the last 20 years in the country. worked on a ranch and have had to kill 4 legged creatures for different reasons. never once did i want to do it but i had no other choice and i will not let things suffer. but anyhow with out going into too long and detailed story i dont agree that a humans life is any more valueable in the big picture than any other living creature. if you have spent lots of time in nature you will see, that all things that man has created aside, if we died out there as prey or whatever the situation it changes absolutley nothing. just be happy you woke up this morning but never assume you will have tomorrow. i try to never assume, its a bad habit.

i am telling you this from my experiences with life. alot of them were not good experiences in most peoples eyes but i would havent changed a thing as i learned so much from them. on flip side i do have a very strong bond with my family love them all and my animals, i would protect them with everything that i have to offer but that is how i choose to live my life. i also would protect you or most people and animals if need be but that doesnt mean that i like you or agree with your opinion of life thats just who i am. i know what i can live with and what i cant.
Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 18:17   #333
bambi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I had a daschund that would rape any stuffed animal he could get his paws on.
Adam Lanza probably did the same thing, lol. And your point is?
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 18:20   #334
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
Adam Lanza probably did the same thing, lol. And your point is?
you didnt just bring this train wreck back to front page did you ?? 87


wow , i forgot all bout the OP, I GUESS HE GOT BANNED LONG AGO .

he was a funny troll
__________________
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited by *ASH*; 12-28-2013 at 18:21..
*ASH* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 19:03   #335
bambi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 186
OOOPS! My Bad! sorry.
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 19:11   #336
Kilrain
Señor Member
 
Kilrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On the road to Shambala
Posts: 2,000
Zombie thread!!!
__________________
For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

- Sterling Archer
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 19:15   #337
plumbum2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: southeast michigan
Posts: 2,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
What does my being a carnivore have to do with my pets?

Do you eat your pets on a regular basis?

My pets give me comfort and entertainment. My pets don't vote for Democrats or Republicans. My pets don't go and rape & kill others because of religious beliefs.
thats not what the neighbors poodle said....
plumbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 19:39   #338
ysr_racer
Senior Member
 
ysr_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Happily in So. Cal.
Posts: 8,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
That may be your personal belief, but it isn't mine.

I'd risk my life to save my pets. I don't necessarily feel the same about other humans or even some of my own family members.
How many wars have they fought in?
__________________
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Just a million dollars short of being a millionaire.
So. Cal. USA
ysr_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 19:40   #339
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
How many wars have they fought in?
More than you ever have.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 20:05   #340
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,158
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
How many wars have they fought in?


Atleast one of mine had more deployments than I do.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:53.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 810
209 Members
601 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42