Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:33   #141
mt920

New member to the Glock 30 club! I purchased a Generation 4 G30 yesterday; however, I can't get it until Monday evening. Illinois has a 72-hour waiting period on handguns. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!
mt920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 16:49   #142
Glockumollie

To: mt920, Great buy your going to be happy with that one. I bought a couple 13 round mags from the g21 that will fit the 30. I dont like the little round factory mag extensions that come with the new gun. So with a gen4 you should have got three mags. I would suggest you get 3 peirce grip extensions to give you a much better grip. If you look at the picture that dwbG30sf posted, Thats post # 133 you can see the grip ext. I'm talking about. Also the holster he is showing is a great way to carry your gun if your going to carry concealed. These guns are crazy accurate and you can shoot +p ammo with them because your 30 has great double recoil spring system that tames the recoil to the lightest felt recoil I've ever experienced in a 45auto. Myself I'm still looking to get a good adjustable rear sight. I hate fixed sights cuz I want to get my zero dialed in real tight. Good shooting and may all your rounds fly true. Goodbye for now. The grip ext are model PG30.

Last edited by Glockumollie; 06-15-2013 at 16:51..
Glockumollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:10   #143
Arnold Kuhl

G30SF Accessories

You dudes with a G30SF: what's the skinny on the Talon grip? I want a grip sleeve that does not increase the gun's grip thickness by much, and doesn't rub the skin off my fingers and hand. Is the Talon the grip I need? Does anybody else make a skinny little grip, like Pachmayer? What say you?

Also, what's a good IWB CCW holster for under $75? Leather or kydex?

Opinions welcome.

AK

Last edited by Arnold Kuhl; 06-16-2013 at 12:14..
Arnold Kuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 14:38   #144
1canvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Kuhl View Post
You dudes with a G30SF: what's the skinny on the Talon grip? I want a grip sleeve that does not increase the gun's grip thickness by much, and doesn't rub the skin off my fingers and hand. Is the Talon the grip I need? Does anybody else make a skinny little grip, like Pachmayer? What say you?

Also, what's a good IWB CCW holster for under $75? Leather or kydex?

Opinions welcome.

AK
the Talon comes in rubber also and is about a thin as you get. the best IWB for me has been the Comp Tac Minotuar. I use the granular grip and haven't tried the rubber. the granular gives such a positive grip on the gun I'm not sure I want to give that up. I sand down the granular a bit before I install them so they aren't to gritty.
Old 06-16-2013, 19:05   #145
Miami29SF

Love my g30 gen 4. For now I carry it on a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra. Looking into getting another holster for it. Looking into one from TT Gun Leather. Link below:

http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i84.html
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
- Samuel Adams, August 1, 1776 at the Philadelphia State House
Miami29SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 20:15   #146
TayMan

New holster.... Foxx Hybrid.... J Clips & Beavertail should arrive soon. B)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
General Glocking - Click for larger version  
TayMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:40   #147
Glockumollie

Arnold, Hi your post is #143. Look at the picture of the post #133. That is the style you want to get. very comfortable. The leather is the backing the kydex is the shell that holds the pistol. I'v heard the horse hide leather is the best backing you can get as opposed to cowhide. Another brand thats good is called the king-tuk. Have you heard of hickok45, he's a very well know you-tube sensation. He is THE GLOCK MEISTER. Google his channel and watch his Glock videos and he also has specific videos on concealment holsters just like the ones in the picture on post 133. He has a King-tuk that he likes also. You can also look at holsters for sale here on glock talk by some guys that make real nice ones special order. Look in the classifieds and under the holster section. Learn all you can about these and other types. I really think the type that the guy on post 133 is the best even if you don't buy one from fox the type in the picture is about the most favorite style for iwb leather and kydex. There are quite a few companys making this basic style. I'm waiting to get enough money to buy one for each of my glocks. A G26Gen4 and of course my 30sf. I'm lefty so I've had some problems getting the holsters I want. I bought a fobus owb for my 30sf and waited along time to get one that is way to tight to work well. I should have ordered a iwb also but that was my first mistake. I have a cheap iwb for my g26 but it's not that nice type like the one on post 133. It does work ok but not great. I'm going to have to wait until I can save up some more money as things are pretty tight right now. Good luck. Keep us informed as to what you do. Goodbye for now.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:19   #148
COYBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj9mm View Post
Dang, i traded mine for a G36, will you have a page for mourners?

I really liked that gun, it was great for just shooting enjoyment. i am just too practical, i wanted something that would carry better for me and i couldn't afford both
My sympathy. I had a G36 that would not function and Glock replaced it with a G30sf that ejects brass every which direction. Love the gun ,hate the ejection.
COYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:12   #149
Glockumollie

CoyBoy, Man if you got a brand new g30sf as a replacement sounds pretty fair. They are outstanding guns and you can shoot +p ammo all day long. They are also crazy accurate. I wouldn't mind having a 30s upper complete to swap on and off the 30sf. Put the slim slide on for concealment and the wider one for the really hot stuff and the conversions. Good shooting and bye for now.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:08   #150
Arnold Kuhl

Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.

AK
Old 06-17-2013, 07:32   #151
On An Island

Can I get a number even though my G30s is still on order? If it helps I already have my Trijicon HD sights and 750 rounds of 230 gr.

Last edited by On An Island; 06-17-2013 at 07:33..
On An Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:48   #152
Ray26

Glock 30 with XS Big Dot sights.. No worries..
Old 06-18-2013, 14:50   #153
Arnold Kuhl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray26 View Post
Glock 30 with XS Big Dot sights.. No worries..
What are XS big dot sights for the G30? Not familiar with that. I usually just stick with the factory sights on most of my guns, but sometimes not.

AK
Old 06-18-2013, 16:21   #154
TayMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Kuhl View Post
What are XS big dot sights for the G30? Not familiar with that. I usually just stick with the factory sights on most of my guns, but sometimes not.

AK

Attached Thumbnails
Old 06-18-2013, 18:02   #155
deathpriest

May I get a number?
General Glocking
deathpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:29   #156
flyhighdp

Team Glock 30 is an Excellent idea! Number me please! Thanks

General Glocking
G30 Gen 4 10 rnd mag. General Glocking
G30 Gen 4 9 rnd mag General Glocking9 rnd. vs 10 rnd. mag General Glocking
Slide Width: G19 Gen 4 vs. G30 Gen 4
General Glocking

Last edited by flyhighdp; 07-23-2013 at 11:44..
flyhighdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:40   #157
Glockumollie

Flyhighdp, If you get rid of the funky smooth mag extension and replace it with pierce pg30 it will give you a really nice grip and the stipling on the pg30 also matches the grip on the top two finger grooves quite well. I also find a pg39 a must for my g26 to give me a very good grip. The flush base plates are great for maximum concealability for the first mag but when you reload you can pick up that good grip. I love them for both guns. I also use an x-grip on the g19, 15round mag and the g17, 17round mag. They are much better than those dopey a&g mag sleeves that you drive an allen screw into your expensive mag to set the sleeve in a nonmovable position.

Last edited by Glockumollie; 06-20-2013 at 01:41.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26   #158
Cleburne

Love my little G30, its my ccw.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:50   #159
TayMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayMan View Post
New holster.... Foxx Hybrid.... J Clips & Beavertail should arrive soon. B)

They have arrived...... More pics soon to come.....

Attached Thumbnails
Old 06-21-2013, 02:52   #160
Glockumollie

cleburne, I love mine also but I've been carrying my g26 cus it's so much smaller and I need to get a good holster to carry my 30sf. Boy I sure would like to get the slim slide for g30 carry. The 30sf is a fantastic gun but it is very wide and needs a very good holster if it's going to be an EDC. Hey, good shooting friend!

Tags
g30, team glock 30