GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2013, 19:41   #81
iLift45's

Bought a Glock 30SF about a month ago. Changed sights to Warren Sevigny Carry Fiber Optic and a Vanek Trigger system. Shot it last week for the first time. WOW! Thing is a tack driver. I like a lot! I'm in. Need a number.

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in every language. - Clint Smith
iLift45's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 21:14   #82
dwbG30SF

Do we really get a number?
dwbG30SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 22:29   #83
Wildpony

I have been trying out a G30S for a little over a month now and really love it. It's well balanced, carries easily and has already accounted for two pigs and a skunk. I posted the below review in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildpony View Post
I tested one last weekend and was very pleased. It happened to take two pigs and one skunk on my outings. Absolutely no "brass to face" issues or malfunctions of any kind over the course of firing over 100 rounds without cleaning of standard and +P ammo from 185gr to 230gr from various field positions. I practiced with it at the range and took it with me hunting. No cleaning was done and dirt did get in the gun from being laid on dirty pigs, being in my holster while I laid and crawled across broom-weed covered ground during coyote hunts, riding in pickup door pockets while driving down dirt roads with the windows down, etc. Zero problems with this pistol and recoil was nothing you wouldn't expect from a .45, just the same ole big boom and slow roll. More pleasant to shoot, and less abrupt feeling, than any light weight 1911 "Officer" model I've owned.

General Glocking

Piggies and skunks were dispatched with 185gr +p Remington Golden Sabers, one shot DRT a piece.

General Glocking

General Glocking

YUM!!

General Glocking

Other casualties not taken with the G30S

General Glocking

I like the 30S a lot because it's slide release is easier to use than any other Glock model without having to install an extended competition lever. I also like it's decreased weight and feel that the slimmer slide profile makes it SLIGHTLY easier to IWB carry.

Every one else can discuss it's real or perceived merits, or lack thereof, compared to other pistols in the Glock lineup like the G30-non-S. I'm not one to argue with what others prefer though. I say "shoot what you like." No flies on the 30S though.
Wildpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 20:05   #84
21GlockStreet

I bought my G30 in 2002. I have other Glocks that I've bought since but the 30 is my favorite. Mine is a Gen 2.5; that is, it has the finger groves but no rail. I've somewhat "modernized" it with an extended slide release, tungsten guide rod, LCI extractor, and Trijicon night sights. It still has the 4256 trigger bar which I've had no problems with so no need to change it. For some reason this is the Glock I shoot best.
21GlockStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 20:24   #85
pmk3

G30 sf 10 rd mag

I have had my G30 SF for 2 months. It's very difficult to get the tenth round in the mag and very tight to click it in the frame. I heard this could be standard for new glocks. I have 100 rounds through it and have read post that need to put 200 rds for mag to loosen up.

Any thoughts ?
pmk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 20:35   #86
chrisbroz

Ditto here in S FL...went shooting with my bud in late Jan and experienced the same thing - had a G3o, G27 & G36...at least ONE mag for the 27 & 30 exhibited that problem. When I bought my G30 I had the same problem with my 10 rnd mag even after I installed the aftermarket extender...could NOT get that final round in...I have a weak left side due to a stroke and THAT might be on of the contributing factors. I saw Hickok45 on YouTube using a mag loader which I found out was an Uplula...think I gonna find one at a gunshow soon....but I've heard the same thing - that the springs require a break-in period...dunno how long that period is though...

CB in FL...I use the range here in Port St Lucie - the owner, Ed, is Sean Hannity's cousin....met him w/o knowing who he was at the time...good guy.
chrisbroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 20:53   #87
RPVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmk3 View Post
I have had my G30 SF for 2 months. It's very difficult to get the tenth round in the mag and very tight to click it in the frame. I heard this could be standard for new glocks. I have 100 rounds through it and have read post that need to put 200 rds for mag to loosen up.

Any thoughts ?
I had the same problem with my G30 when it was new. I also have the same problem with new mags. The mags will eventually become more forgiving if you leave them fully loaded.
Old 04-06-2013, 21:00   #88
RPVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbroz View Post
"... I saw Hickok45 on YouTube using a mag loader which I found out was an Uplula...think I gonna find one at a gunshow soon....but I've heard the same thing - that the springs require a break-in period..."
You're right. I considered one after trying a friend's. But, as you say, after a break-in period, the mags are fine. I no longer see the need for the Uplula.

Quote:
CB in FL...I use the range here in Port St Lucie - the owner, Ed, is Sean Hannity's cousin....met him w/o knowing who he was at the time...good guy.
Nice! I work in Rockledge. I might swing down there some night after work.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:13   #89
dwbG30SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPVG View Post
You're right. I considered one after trying a friend's. But, as you say, after a break-in period, the mags are fine. I no longer see the need for the Uplula.
If you shoot very much at all, you gotta love the Uplula. Even after mags become easier, it's just a great item to have in your range bag. Makes loading a double stack mag a joy, instead of a pain. I use mine on a regular basis.

General Glocking

General Glocking

General Glocking

Last edited by dwbG30SF; 04-07-2013 at 05:38..
dwbG30SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:33   #90
kahrcarrier
FAHRENHEIT

Great gun, the 30......

A Gen 3 with night sites and tucked into a Kramer holster is my nightstand gun.

A Gen 2.5 in a Ryan Grizzle Working Man is my truck pistol.

I usually carry something slimmer in a semi-auto, like a G36 or the little XDs.
kahrcarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 13:10   #91
usafric

Hey Guys. I have had G36 for years now, and used to carry it a lot. Now I seem to be carrying my G30SF more. (I actually carry my Keltec P3AT, everywhere I go.)
I have 2 questions: Firstly, I put the slide form my 36 onto my 30sf frame, fits and works nice. Can I put my 30 slide on my 36 frame?
Second, my slide doesn't lock into battery all the time, thinking weak recoil spring, any recommendations as to what brand to replace it with?
Cheers...
Old 04-07-2013, 13:45   #92
GRT45
Transform & Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafric View Post
I have 2 questions: Firstly, I put the slide from my 36 onto my 30sf frame, fits and works nice. Can I put my 30 slide on my 36 frame?
The G30/G30SF slide and barrel will fit and function on the G36 frame. Of course, test it first for reliable operation if you intend to carry the hybrid pistol. Some competitors in the Major Sub division of GSSF have been known to use this config to take advantage of the stiff and heavy upper of the G30 for maximum accuracy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: Strictly monogamous, I have one Glock and one woman.
GLOCK Certified Armorer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Member,
Endowment Member, Eagle Scout

Last edited by GRT45; 04-07-2013 at 13:54..
GRT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 14:59   #93
SNIDER

Count me in...
I've had a G30SF for 2 days now, haven't got to shoot it yet which should be a crime!!!!
SNIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 18:50   #94
skynyrd1911

Send a message via ICQ to skynyrd1911
Gen 4

Hoping to get a Gen 4 G30 this week. I'll let Ya'll know if I get it.
Old 04-07-2013, 20:32   #95
TayMan

General Glocking

Talon grip & Ghost slug plug should be here on Tues. I'll keep you updated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
TayMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 20:40   #96
TayMan

General Glocking

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-08-2013, 01:08   #97
Glockumollie

Hi, man I like that grip reduction. How much does that cost and who does it? I also love the pearce grip extension. Is that item #g30. I have the g39 for my 26 that ads 2rounds and gives me a very nice grip. The mag ext that came stock on my 30sf are lousy. I want the one you have on your 30. Would you please confirm which grip ext. by item # you have on your 30. Thanks and bye for now.

Last edited by Glockumollie; 04-08-2013 at 01:10.. Reason: error
Glockumollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 14:56   #98
TayMan

First time glock owner and it seems like i made the perfect choice! Talon rubberized grip should arrive tomorrow... Then it's off to the range. Now all i need are night sights.
General Glocking

Old 04-08-2013, 19:53   #99
TayMan

Fingers crossed.

Last edited by TayMan; 04-09-2013 at 22:19..
Old 04-11-2013, 11:03   #100
TayMan

Yes!

General Glocking

Tags
g30, team glock 30