GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-22-2012, 18:03   #51
droidfire

Seems like a few people forgot to put the stuffing in the turkey.
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 18:43   #52
JLB768
Silver Membership
Old & Grumpy

I'm gonna play it safe, and pay my bills anyway, I'll need my morning cup of coffee on the 22nd.
Black Rifle Club Member #768
JLB768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 19:00   #53
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendog Redux View Post
Oh yeah, if Aliens helped the Mayans, Egyptians etc. build their temples and pyramids, why did they build them out of rocks instead of metal and not give them electricity and stuff? I don't expect aliens arrived in spaceships made of rocks, mud and lit by candles.
I love the whole "pyramids are signs of advanced technology" shtick. Ask any mechanical or civil engineer, a pyramid is the only large scale construction that doesn't require any engineering knowledge to create. Dump sand into a pile and what do you end up with? A pyramid.

That is the reason the pyramids have lasted as long as they have, they are already at the angle of repose for the material they are made from, they really can't fall down.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_repose
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 11-22-2012 at 19:09..
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 19:13   #54
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

It's already ended. Thirty days are all that is necessary to "rub it in".

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 19:27   #55
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
It's already ended. Thirty days are all that is necessary to "rub it in".

Good one.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 19:39   #56
Rickaroo777

The way I understand it is that's it's just the end of the calendar and then it starts all over again on the first day of the new calendar....think of it as december 31st rolling over to January 1st.

Of course with all the planets aligning and sun flares there could be a polar shift where the north pole becomes the south pole which would case tidal waves, hurricanes and earthquakes.

I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous but we were also a little nervous about Y2K and nothing happened.
Rickaroo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:55   #57
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrys View Post
Ahhh............my goodness but how a person who has no intellect wants to sound as if they are at the top of the mount when pricked. I shall have to defer to ya for such thoughts. They're rather ah...... foreign to me.
Look at this!

I’m being accused of, ‘having no intellect’ by someone who writes worse than a 6th grader. (A sixth grader in today's academic generation - Not mine! My generation required much more of its students. Among the simpletons American public schools are turning out today, though, I’ll bet you’re, something of, an absolute genius - Huh!)

Quote:
1) I didn't compare the Mayans to Noah either ya knothead ............ I cconveyed (SIC) that your comparison was about as meaningful as chewed bubble gum......as in the comparison means nothing. As you see after some further contemplation I notice.
Yes, you did - You did. Listen, I’ll offer you a brief lesson in pragmatic reasoning: You need to begin your thought processes from the realization that the essential nature of truth is immutable. You can’t get away, for long, with trying to alter reality in order to fit either your present mood, or (especially for you) some overwhelming desire of the moment.

Know what? You really should learn how to stop and think before you begin to emote. I’ve lived long enough to know that if you behave this way in cyberspace, then THERE MUST BE other similar carryover behaviors into your real world interpersonal relationships. By intellectual abstraction, of course, you force me to conclude that you are frequently an ego-sensitive, peevish, and difficult person to have to work with. (Got, ‘your number’ now; don’t I!)

Quote:
2) I've re-read that paragraph a few times now.......and sad to say, it's as nonsensical now as it was the first time. You depend on your bets to grasp what's going on in the world, you think no one else can either.....just because you can't? Way to (SIC) be deep in the culture of cool there Bubba.
Whoops! You forgot the comma of direct address before, ‘Bubba’. (Then again, deep thinker that you are, you didn’t even realize you needed one; did you!)

‘Bubba’? Now I’m, ‘Bubba’! Gee, it may take me the next (Ohh, …… ?) 5 or 10 minutes to get over another one of your vicious intellectual, ‘body slams’. Why do I have this feeling that I’m driving a Corvette, and this angry little kid on a tricycle has just pulled up along side; he’s, like, right next to the driver’s window, peddling furiously, and trying with all his might to drag race with me?

(I really do!)

One more thing: This might actually help you, too; psychologically speaking, the mind is able to, ‘see’ no more than what the heart allows. If your emotional intellect isn’t both predisposed and amenable to a particular reality, then you aren’t going to be able to mentally grasp or appreciate it, either. (The human heart and mind work like this!)

Quote:
3) Well which is it? Do you not know about sociology or do ya? Does your knowledge consist of guesses, bets. or actual education? Sorry, but with what you convey it's a bit difficult to tell.
Well, ……… I know enough about, both, psychology and sociology to understand, both, you and, ‘where you are coming from.’

If your thought processes aren’t too muddled, right about now, you might be wondering, ‘Why’ I’ve bothered to answer you, again? The answer is because I’m aware that you are a slovenly intellectual dissembler who is, presently, trying overly hard to obfuscate an otherwise useful post and accompanying observation I previously made in this thread - One which I want certain others to be aware of; and, as I’ve already pointed out, several of you guys would have done well to leave entirely alone.

Quote:
4) Of course many things are in clear cut shades of black and white ...... it's the person who's usually unable to decipher those that are and those that aren't. People who simply can't find it within themselves to understand/admit/acknowledge ......... what they can't understand, don't want to admit, and don't want others to know are in the biggest group here.
‘Of course’, did you say, ‘Of course?’ Listen, I’m going to go waaaa …… y over your head on this one: Intellectually speaking, only one thing is perfectly, ‘black and white’ in God’s universe: Absolute Truth! Everything else - everything else - is depicted (and confronts human intelligence) in numerous shades and various forms of, ‘gray’.

This is the essential intellectual mechanism by which our Lord and Creator requires us to learn. It is, also, the reason, ‘Why’ I’m now giving a free lesson in, 'How' to think clearly to an individual whom I've come to regard as an intellectual simpleton. (Well, this and the fact that I don’t want you to mislead too many other people.)

Quote:
Me thinks you are quite comfortable in your delusions, and far be it from me to burst your bubble around the holidays (SIC) my friend.
Trust me on this: You don’t have what it takes to, ‘burst my bubble’. As a matter of fact it’s obvious to me that you don’t even have what it takes to come close.

Quote:
Go find a nice turkey to lambaste, eh? Who knows, maybe ya'll will find common ground to peck at?
That’s the second time someone has said something like this. For your information I don’t eat commercially processed meats or fowl. Most peoples' Thanksgiving turkeys are saturated with toxic chemical nitrates; and, my diet is strictly limited to eating only wholesome organic foods. (Very little meat!) Besides, this Thanksgiving I decided to have, 'roast idiot' instead.

By the way, next time you call me a, 'knothead' I'd appreciate you to come out from hiding behind your computer screen, show some gumption, be a man, and express your personal opinion directly to my face. (Because, otherwise, I'm going to be forced to think of you as just another one of these loudmouthed, 'cyberspace cowards'.)

Listen, I’m not the sort of person who (so to speak) enjoys, ‘tearing the wings off of flies and watching them spin on the windowsill’. Rather sadly, this seems to be the way this thread is turning out. So, I trust I’ve made my point; and, now, I’m going to try to let you go.

If you'll permit me, from here on out, I'm going to turn this ridiculously argumentative thread over to you. You’ve got some serious life lessons to learn there, Pal; and, the way you are going, I’m sure it won't be too long before the educational process swings into high gear.

Quote:
Do try to remember my friend .......... when you point a finger at someone, there's four more pointing back at you, eh?
OK, got it! Pointing a finger and pulling a trigger are, both, done in exactly the same way. What I'm not quite clear on, though, is who started this? (Wasn't me, right.) One other thing: Any opportunity you might have had to be friends with me is past; I’m not your friend.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 12-23-2012 at 04:17..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:04   #58
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

This thread is even funnier than I imagined it could be.........
Old 11-23-2012, 12:16   #59
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldor View Post
I love the whole "pyramids are signs of advanced technology" shtick. Ask any mechanical or civil engineer, a pyramid is the only large scale construction that doesn't require any engineering knowledge to create.
The math and techniques to build the pyramids are very simple. The genius was in organizing and feeding the labor. Some smart people but no alien tech needed.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:31   #60
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
....... Some smart people but no alien tech needed.
Ever been to Eygpt? It had to be aliens.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:36   #61
Batesmotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullClip View Post
Ever been to Eygpt? It had to be aliens.
I'm typing with a bandaged finger and spell check is not helping my mistakes today. At least nothing is going out to clients right now.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42   #62
bdhawk

Send a message via Yahoo to bdhawk
first...no twinkies
then...end of the world
i don't know if i can cope with all of this...............

N.R.A. RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

G22 - G27 - G20 sf
bdhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:51   #63
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhawk View Post
first...no twinkies
then...end of the world
First: Legalizing MJ in 2 states
Then: no twinkies

After all that, the end of the world is hardly noticeable.

Last edited by DustyJacket; 11-23-2012 at 15:55..
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 13:48   #64
vart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
First, it's NOT, 'the end of the world'. It's a change in the, 'psycho-spiritual cycles of time'. In short: Mankind, as a whole, is going to go from bad to worse. Rather than the end of anything, dark and evil times are going to be upon us.
Is that hyposthesis based upon biblical research, Mayan research, or some other theological basis?

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 15:46   #65
Carrys
Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
One other thing: Any opportunity you might have had to be friends with me is past; I’m not your friend.

Aww, now you've done it. Please stop my friend.....................please. The pain.....I just can't take it. You're killing me my friend.

Not my friend? Gee Mo Nee, come on guy.....please be my friend, please?

In actuality:

Whoever you are, where ever you are, however you feel......me not care what ya think, my friend.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 16:51   #66
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 18:12   #67
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Old 11-23-2012, 18:29   #68
Little Joe

It doesn't jive with with the Bible so it can't be true.
Little Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 18:39   #69
Shinytop

I used to think that Arc's avatar was the most obnoxious thing about him, after all he does seem to know a bit about guns.

But this thread has changed my mind.
Shinytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 18:45   #70
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
If the Mayans didn't factor in Leap Years, what does that do to the prediction? Either way, I am throwing a bbq bash called The Armageddon, Aporkalypse Now...on the 21st. Might as well ring in the end of the world with some pulled pork, a bonfire and some beers.
The Okie Corral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 21:17   #71
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
First: Legalizing MJ in 2 states
Then: no twinkies

After all that, the end of the world is hardly noticeable.
Damn... never thought of it like that!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 21:27   #72
JLB768
Silver Membership
Old & Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhawk View Post
first...no twinkies
then...Obama re-elected
then...the end of the world
Fixt...
Black Rifle Club Member #768
JLB768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 21:28   #73
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Bring it on, I can't wait.

(It's Probably Bush's fault too)

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:06   #74
Narkcop

Atlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
So this is where Elvis hangs out...who knew?

The Okie Corral
LONG as everything was COMPED OUT, I'd love to go into hiding there!
Narkcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32   #75
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

The Mayans got the date wrong.

The end happened 11-6-12. :eek:
ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote