Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-28-2012, 17:27   #1
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Guaranteed Powerball Win Strategy.

Better be able to trust a few thousand people, but it's possible.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49981575
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 17:31   #2
*ASH*

someone would lose the ticket
*ASH* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 18:05   #3
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

They'd run with the money. Hundreds of them will, and then 8 people would win the jackpot anyways.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Old 11-28-2012, 18:13   #4
TK-421

The nice part is that 50% of what you'd spend on all those tickets would go into the jackpot fund, thereby increasing the overall winnings even more.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 18:14   #5
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Oh fudge. I forgot to buy a ticket. Consider me a few dollars richer. I WON!
Old 11-28-2012, 19:19   #6
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

2 tickeys this time. I'll buy everyone on GT a beer if I win.
Old 11-28-2012, 19:35   #7
CitizenOfDreams

Lottery is a tax for people who don't know mathematics. Having said that, I did buy a ticket, so wish me luck.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:47   #8
Naelbis

I bought a ticket for the lulz...
Old 11-28-2012, 21:43   #9
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
Lottery is a tax for people who don't know mathematics. Having said that, I did buy a ticket, so wish me luck.
I know mathematics. I consider it a temporary license to fantasize about being wealthy. And near zero chance of winning is not the same as zero chance of winning.
Old 11-28-2012, 22:06   #10
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
I know mathematics. I consider it a temporary license to fantasize about being wealthy. And near zero chance of winning is not the same as zero chance of winning.
Exactly. That's why people play the lotto, because for that split second, they've won the lottery, and they dream about what they'd do with the money if they won.

Granted, there are the other kinds of people who play it excessively. I used to work at a gas station, and it wasn't uncommon for people to spend $100+ on the lotto, even when it wasn't big. I had customers who always played the exact same numbers every single week. Some played them for so long that their number sheets were starting to fall apart.

And then there were the scratch-off people. Had a guy who would routinely by a $50, along with about $100 worth of other tickets, almost every time he walked in the store. Some people just spend crazy amounts of money on the lotto.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 00:04   #11
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 00:23   #12
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

2 people are happy tonight...One in Arizona...one in Missouri...I felt good for a split second myself...
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02   #13
skeeter7
Brass Vulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post
2 people are happy tonight...One in Arizona...one in Missouri...I felt good for a split second myself...
Now I need to find out if I have any distant relatives or friends in Arizona or Missouri.
NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:25   #14
JimmyN

An Australian group did that with the Virginia Lottery back in 1992. They only managed to purchase 5 million of the 7 million combinations before they ran out of time, but did end up with a winning ticket. Virginia then changed the rules for bulk ticket buying so it wouldn't happen again.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...C0A91789D14945
Old 11-29-2012, 04:26   #15
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

I've said before, even when it would have been a money losing proposition that it would be a great way for Bill Gates to really clinch the World's Most Hated Man title.

Could you imagine waking up to the headline Bill Gates Wins Powerball.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:35   #16
JW1178

Quote:
It is a proven fact that those who spend the most on lottery tickets have the least to spend on lottery tickets. It kills me when I go into a gas station and see the poorest walks of life buying tons of lottery tickets. It's one thing that turned me against the welfare system when I worked at a gas station a long time ago. They would buy what they needed with the food stamps, but always had money for beer, cigs, and of course lottery tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
The Lottery sells this too. They have those little mini-jackpots that they know that 90+% of the time, those people will just buy more lottery tickets. They know that most of their "customers" know knee-jerk math, where if they got two of the five, well, then if they just play twice a much, or three times as much, they will get all five. The reality is your chance of getting all five is so many times greater than just getting two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Better be able to trust a few thousand people, but it's possible.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49981575
I want to see evidence of one person who has used this method or any of these methods who actually won. Fact is most winners it was just quick pick done by the machine.

Last edited by JW1178; 11-29-2012 at 04:36..
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 14:58   #17
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

IMHO it's cheap entertainment. I spend less than $10/week buying single tickets for several different lotteries. I'd be more than happy to win even a few thousand dollars.
If I smoked and drank I could easily blow hundreds or thousands of dollars in a single spree. Lottery ticket = hope for a better future mostly for my kids, cheap entertainment, part of the money is used for colleges and, at least in TX, veterans benefits.

Sure, maybe those who can least afford it spend money on the lottery, but it gives them hope (lots cheaper than anti depressants!), and is better than spending it on drugs (all inclusive, tobacco, alcohol, pot, and all the other "recreational drugs").

Last edited by Paul53; 11-29-2012 at 14:59..
Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 14:59   #18
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
I want to see evidence of one person who has used this method or any of these methods who actually won. Fact is most winners it was just quick pick done by the machine.
There have been investment funds that did this (not with Powerball, with smaller state lotteries). Eventually the state figures it out and changes the rules somehow.
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 15:01   #19
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul53 View Post
IMHO it's cheap entertainment. I spend less than $10/week buying single tickets for several different lotteries.
$10/week doesn't seem very "cheap" to me...

I've bought $5 worth of Powerball tickets maybe 3 times in my life, when it gets to be a big number and makes the news (was going to yesterday but forgot). To me, as soon as it becomes regular it's no longer cheap. (Just the way I feel about it)

Last edited by devildog2067; 11-29-2012 at 15:01..
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 15:28   #20
Z71bill

Buy lotto tickets -

If they are not winning tickets - give them as gifts to "loser" relatives you don't like.

Last edited by Z71bill; 11-30-2012 at 18:27..
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 16:08   #21
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

I saw Penn & Teller years ago in Vegas. Penn explained: You see all those lights out there? They're powered by 2 things. The Hoover Dam and bad math.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 16:24   #22
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyN View Post
An Australian group did that with the Virginia Lottery back in 1992. They only managed to purchase 5 million of the 7 million combinations before they ran out of time, but did end up with a winning ticket. Virginia then changed the rules for bulk ticket buying so it wouldn't happen again.

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstra...C0A91789D14945
You beat me to it. If I recall, the net result was that they won double their initial investment.

Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 17:49   #23
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
I saw Penn & Teller years ago in Vegas. Penn explained: You see all those lights out there? They're powered by 2 things. The Hoover Dam and bad math.

-ArtificialGrape
Nice!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:40   #24
goldenlight

Quote:
I didn't buy a ticket.

That makes me smarter than you are.