GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 19:09   #1
Ruggles

Wow start a couple of wars and blam! Everybody hates you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ed_for_Germans

Seem like the Germans have a wee amount of negative names they earned themselves.

(Yeah Yeah I know WWI was not started by them but hey they lost so they get the blame!)
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:40   #2
jason10mm
NRA-GOA-TSRA

Well, if no one cares about you then they won't bother to make up any names. The Germans are a major European power and have been so for centuries. Slang/derogatory nicknames are a common way to depersonalize the enemy (especially when they are culturally similar to you). If Armenians or guys from Madagascar had a long and august history of stomping people for fun and profit we'd probably have lots of names for them as well.

I can only imagine all the names other countries have for americans. Fortunately, as an American myself, I can simply ignore what the lesser folk think :P
jason10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:46   #3
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

We started a few wars ourselves...maybe that's why the rest of the world doesn't like us? Hehe.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:59   #4
JohnBT
NRA Patron

Go ahead, name one world war the U.S. started. Not little police actions, but multi-nation wars like Germany started.

Anyone else recall how Germany worked soooo hard to stop WWI? Yeah, me either.

"The Germans are a major European" source of mass murderers according to historians.

John
JohnBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 13:04   #5
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBT View Post
Go ahead, name one world war the U.S. started. Not little police actions, but multi-nation wars like Germany started.

"The Germans are a major European" source of mass murderers according to historians.

John
Maybe not a WORLD war, but let's see: Mexican-American War, War of 1812 (yes, we declared war on Britain), Spanish-American War, Iraqui War (second one, not the first). Not counting the little police actions, naturally.
Old 12-11-2012, 13:16   #6
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBT View Post

John
The war on drugs.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 13:27   #7
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Maybe not a WORLD war, but let's see: Mexican-American War, War of 1812 (yes, we declared war on Britain), Spanish-American War, Iraqui War (second one, not the first). Not counting the little police actions, naturally.
I think it is a little simplistic to say that we started a war by the act of declaring war.

And Iraq 1 technically never ended, and Saddam committed acts of war every time his troops fired SAMs against our aircraft ( from 1991 thru 2003 there were hundreds, if not thousands fired).

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-11-2012, 13:37   #8
elsolo

I think there may be a bit of jealousy-resentment felt towards Germany, as they are doing better than most Euro zone countries.
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 13:49   #9
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
I think there may be a bit of jealousy-resentment felt towards Germany, as they are doing better than most Euro zone countries.
BINGO! Just as most of the world feels the same way about the USA.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 14:16   #10
mikeflys1
Pastafarian

I always thought "deutschbag" was a bit lolzy
mikeflys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 14:59   #11
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
Need more references to their body odors....in a small group those monkeys can clear out a bar with their horrible gasses.
Old 12-11-2012, 15:53   #12
Baba Louie

Quote:
Yeah Yeah I know WWI was not started by them but hey they lost so they get the blame
Well, they sorta did when they backed Austria against the Serbs... then declared war on Russia and France

I was always amazed that the British Royal family changed their last name to Windsor as a result, dropping the Germanic "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", and the Mountbatten family changed theirs from the original Battenberg. Not to mention the family relationship the Czar, der Kaiser and the new Windsor monarchs shared.

IT'S ON CUZ!!!

The whole thing caught the Rothschilds by surprise, or so I read, but they were quick to assist anyone with good credit and crown jewels backing them.
Quote:
We started a few wars ourselves...
Well, if only the Native Americans would have signed the Peace Treaties from DC all would have been... oh wait a minute. They did, or someone did. and some of them did not get that message apparently.

War on Poverty maybe? I know we started that sucker and are still waging it daily. Either LBJ must not have believed in Milton Friedman's position... or he wanted to swing the black vote over to the Democratic ticket for the next 200 years... I wonder how that worked out and who won THAT war?

saxe-coburg and gotha... I ask you, what kind of last name is THAT? Yo Charlie, Harry, Bill... whassup?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 16:01   #13
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Man, they make great guns!
Old 12-11-2012, 16:06   #14
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
The war on drugs.
"Put me on the front lines......snort snort"
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 18:08   #15
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Louie View Post
Well, they sorta did when they backed Austria against the Serbs... then declared war on Russia and France

I was always amazed that the British Royal family changed their last name to Windsor as a result, dropping the Germanic "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", and the Mountbatten family changed theirs from the original Battenberg. Not to mention the family relationship the Czar, der Kaiser and the new Windsor monarchs shared.

IT'S ON CUZ!!!

The whole thing caught the Rothschilds by surprise, or so I read, but they were quick to assist anyone with good credit and crown jewels backing them.
Well, if only the Native Americans would have signed the Peace Treaties from DC all would have been... oh wait a minute. They did, or someone did. and some of them did not get that message apparently.

War on Poverty maybe? I know we started that sucker and are still waging it daily. Either LBJ must not have believed in Milton Friedman's position... or he wanted to swing the black vote over to the Democratic ticket for the next 200 years... I wonder how that worked out and who won THAT war?

saxe-coburg and gotha... I ask you, what kind of last name is THAT? Yo Charlie, Harry, Bill... whassup?
Just started studying WWI less than a year ago so I am far from an expert. It seems to me that that war started due to a bunch of folks over reacting and posturing. Germany was certainly guilty as well, just not nearly as much as they were in WWII.
Old 12-11-2012, 18:10   #16
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

The Okie Corral
Old 12-11-2012, 18:10   #17
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
It looks like (and I could be wrong) that the listed linked is a history of who they warred against the last 100 years or so. I think some of those names are older than any of us and much older than their recent economic success.

Plus their women don't shave their arm pits I hear