Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-18-2012, 19:47   #1
steven07

Kahr night sights

I have been contemplating putting night sights on my PM40 (CCW) for some time now. Karhs website has a set of Williams Firesights that are real comparable to the Hi Viz sights I have on all my glocks and at $50. Asides from Trijicon those are the only sights that I really like. Has anyone used them, or added non-factory night sights to a Kahr and had any issues??? Any input would be greatly appreciated because I'm ready to place my order for the firesites
http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Sights.asp
steven07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 20:31   #2
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

When I bought my PM9 the night sites were dead. I contacted Khar. They sent a replacement. I could not fit the replacement. They were too tight. I ended up send the slide to Khar to fix this.

It should be noted that I have replaced sights on many guns. This is the first time I have sent the slide to someone else to do it. I would suggest either having the correct tool, or use a file or send the slide to them.

As far as the sights you mentioned, I wouldn't go that way, but if that is what you like, that is what you like. I want my dots to glow on their own. Not pull in ambient light.

Last edited by RWBlue; 11-18-2012 at 20:31..
RWBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 20:31   #3
G26S239
NRA Patron

I have Tru Dot night sights on my MK9 and K9.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:49   #4
awpk03s

Williams fire sights are great, but they are fiber optic sights, and not tritium night sights. They will be great for day shooting, not for low light as much.

I like Meprolight nights sights on Kahrs.
awpk03s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26   #5
Z71bill

My PM9 - purchased new - came with tru dot night sights -

I want night sights on my SD guns - if nothing else makes them easier to find in the safe on a dark night.

But I like the simple - basic styles - no fancy pants colors - no BIG dots - no oddball shapes -

Just a front blade with a single green dot - and a back notch with two green dots.

Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 17:09   #6
steven07

Just as I was hoping for... a debate!!! Might have to hold off another week before I waste any money on an unnecessary purchase. This gun in question is my CCW weapon and I spent a little more on it than I had planned for because of that exact purpose. Knowing Kahrs reliability while still having the slim subcompact size- I was more than happy to paying an extra $200. While the chances of needing bright night sights in a situation are fairly slim, just knowing that they are there just seems to bring a bit of added comfort.
http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-New-...ium-Sights.asp
The price is a little steep to me... I also found the XS 24/7 sights but they were only $12 cheaper
While disregarding price and focusing more on dependability which route would you take???

Last edited by steven07; 11-19-2012 at 18:59..
steven07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 17:23   #7
barth
six barrels

I like Factory Kahr NS

My MK40 Elite came NIB with factory Kahr tritium night sights.
I like them a lot.
Have changed most of my guns to XS Big Dots.
But the factory Kahr NS I'm leaving alone.
General Firearms Forum

Last edited by barth; 11-19-2012 at 17:24..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 21:23   #8
Lampshade

I had some Trijicons put on a CM9 today.

The gunsmith ended up milling the sight to get it to fit.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 22:04   #9
cphilip

Not surprised. When I put a set on my G27, I had to file them. The rear one that is. kept taking off a bit and trying... removing and retrying... finally got it. Had to be patient. I was under the impression that its a fairly common process on many guns? I don't have a lot of experience enough to say that but it was my experience.
Old 11-19-2012, 22:04   #10
sns3guppy

I like XS sights. Some really like the big dot, some don't. The standard dot front sight is good.

What I like about XS is their contrast; even in bright daylight, the white circle in a black sight housing, around the tritium lamp means no matter what the background, that front sight is always visible.

I can take or leave illuminated rear sights. A blacked out rear is probably one of the better arrangements. Your focus should always be the front sight.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote