BCR
BIGASS!!!!

Way to go on 315x5!

Thats a great weight!

PAIN IS MY BEST FRIEND.
BCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 23:50   #22
bob_fuller

Well, this week's lifting has been kinda crappy. I don't remember all the numbers, but I got 320x4 for squat and 170x4 on bench on teusday. I'm a tad overtrained at this point due to poor nutrition this week, which is partially my fault and partially because I worked a lot of overtime this week. christmas season business, ya know.

I'll be taking roughly the next week off as I'll be headed to the parents for christmas. I plan to eat as much as I can, I've decided to bulk to 190 and then maybe cut a couple lbs.

I'm also thinking about switching back to the starting strength model, but the "advanced novice" version with a lighter wednesday. I'd also like to throw some Oly lifting in just for fun.

Tonight was supposed to be volume night, but I said screw it, I had a crappy week and I'm doing what I want. 3x3 squat with 315. pullups, curls... And I also tried some power snatches. I managed to get 115, which I suppose is ok for never having done a snatch before. anyways... I'll check in next week sometime, and I'd love to hear thoughts/advice on switching back to SS and gaining weight.

A faith that gives nothing, costs nothing, and suffers nothing, is worth nothing. - Martin Luther
bob_fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 23:59   #23
bob_fuller

Back from a nice few days off from work...

Monday involved no heavy lifting. I strictly ironed out some technique issues on squat and bench. The grip I was using for squat just wasn't quite right, so I re-read some parts of SS and watched one of Rip's platform videos over on the website. My squat form is now pretty darn good, in my opinion.

I had a rather glaring issue with arm position on bench, which was probably part of my progress woes. got that worked out.

Tonight I went back to the trusty 3x5 and managed 300 for squat. It felt pretty good.

I've reset Bench to 135x3x5 to give it some time to recover and also to really lock in my corrected form. I'll increase it by 5 lbs. til it slows down and then attempt microloading.

Overall, I am a bit sorry to leave the Texas Method. I liked the variety, and it does work, but given my work schedule and other obligations I can't do it properly. I also was probably just not quite ready for it. the SS advanced novice program should fit the bill a little better.

A faith that gives nothing, costs nothing, and suffers nothing, is worth nothing. - Martin Luther
bob_fuller is offline   Reply With Quote