Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-18-2012, 15:23   #1
countrygun

New gun and can't show pics

I pulled what I think was a great deal on Gunbroker, got the gun, shot it quite a bit, and can't download pics because of a hardware problem.

Anyway, Folks may remember the pics of the S&W 3913LS I got not long ago. I decided it was just "too fancy, well and valuable" to wear out the finish on as an EDC. I went on GB and found a 908 which was the "value line" version of the 3913. A "plain Jane" version with a "Spartan" fiinish and a couple of plastic parts as well as not having the barrel to slide lug so it is generally considered a smidge less accurate but a little simpler. It is also more like the LS/NL versions in that it lacks a thumb safety.decocker on the right side, I am right-handed and don't miss one and it makes the pistol thinner in total.

The "shooting tests" have not been in my usual manner yet. We are in the midst of some WEATHER. (They are predicting HIGH winds for the nxt 24hrs) It is bloody hard to get paper targets to work properly in the rain. So I improvised

I rush out the door when the heaviest rain stops and rip off a mag at an improvised target. For simplicity I am using the 18 yd range rather than the normal 25 yards. I do get to do a bit of "low light" shooting though

All I can give you for the sake of science is two concrete results.

With Winchester 147 gn tcmj (a kind of neat test round for a couple of reasons) it is no trick to stay on a soda can at 18yds including the DA first shot. same with Remington 115s and the mid-weight PMC. Not a huge variation in POI from the different weights (granted under plinking circumstances).

A styrofoam "take out meal" container lid section is in serious danger @ 18yds in dim light, from 8 very rapid shots. the container lid was DOA from all 8 rds in the mag- fast.

Yes, there are my results. If we get a calm in the weather, and I get this little camera/computer interface glitch worked out you can look for a more valuable comparison of the 3919/908.

Oh well, Nice when you can call "plinking" as serious as you can get. I've forgotten what it's like to take a pistol out and "plink" BEFORE I do all the paper testing and finding ammo preferences and such. I may have to it this way more often

Last edited by countrygun; 11-18-2012 at 19:44..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 15:30   #2
kodiakpb

Yeah you can find some pretty good deals on GB even after fees and shipping are added.
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 15:56   #3
countrygun

AHA, photo problem solved,

General Firearms Forum
Old 11-18-2012, 19:36   #4
Bruce M

Very nice! Sometimes I think the 908 looks better than the 3913. Hope your weather improves.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 00:10   #5
bac1023

Very nice indeed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 00:20   #6
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Very nice indeed
Well thank you

I figure , that if it helps me keep the Ladysmith "clean" it is worth it, both in cost and in worry.
Old 11-19-2012, 00:43   #7
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well thank you

I figure , that if it helps me keep the Ladysmith "clean" it is worth it, both in cost and in worry.
Absolutely

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote