Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 17:30   #1
jimmythegrip

Blackhawk! Xiphos reversible?

I searched the forums extensively to find an answer to this question without any luck. As many know the Xiphos weapon light is made in either a right or left hand configuration for use with the Blackhawk level 3 holster. The mount for the light is offset to one side to accommodate the trigger guard latch on the blackhawk holster. Currently all of the websites that sell this light are out of the right hand version. I decided to go ahead and buy a lefty to see if in fact it was reversible and it is with some minor modification to the activation switch. There are two long screws that attach the mount itself. Removal of those screws does allow you to reverse the mount without any modification. The problem I ran into was the switch. One side is longer than the other to allow for easy access from both sides of your weapon. The switch can be flipped, but you have to use a dremel tool with a 1/8 cutter to remove some of the material to accommodate the three activation terminals. Once this hole is trimmed into the switch it can be flipped. Be sure to remove the spring from inside the switch before doing this. I would imagine this would void the warranty, but if your not worried about that go for it. I will try to get some pictures uploaded soon. Hope this helps.
jimmythegrip is offline   Reply With Quote