Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:14   #1
GlockFan7

Stevens Model 58 .410

I've been looking for a Stevens Model 58 .410. It's a novelty for me really. My dad had one when I was a kid and I thought the bolt action was about as cool as it got. I haven't seen it since I was about 10 years old. When I asked my dad about it a few months ago, he said it had been stolen. I've been able to locate several 58A and 58B models. The trouble is, I don't know the difference other than the black paint on the stock of the 58B. Neither my dad nor I can remember if his had this or not. Anyone out there know the difference between these two models?

Since originally posting this, I think I've figured out...maybe, that it was a 58B.

Last edited by GlockFan7; 02-15-2014 at 18:50..
GlockFan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:27   #2
skip4309

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockFan7 View Post
I've been looking for a Stevens Model 58 .410. It's a novelty for me really. My dad had one when I was a kid and I thought the bolt action was about as cool as it got. I haven't seen it since I was about 10 years old. When I asked my dad about it a few months ago, he said it had been stolen. I've been able to locate several 58A and 58B models. The trouble is, I don't know the difference other than the black paint on the stock of the 58B. Neither my dad nor I can remember if his had this or not. Anyone out there know the difference between these two models?

Since originally posting this, I think I've figured out...maybe, that it was a 58B.
I have the Model 51...no black paint on fore end...got this gun back in 1965...it was my first...
Old 02-18-2014, 17:35   #3
GlockFan7

I spoke to my dad over the weekend, trying to get an idea of how old the gun was. Based on our discussions, somewhere between around 1948 to maybe 1951. It was purchased new from a hardware store, but who knows how long it sat on the shelf.
GlockFan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 19:07   #4
Bruce M

Sounds like a great childhood memory. I remember an H&R 20 gauge single shot with a certain fondness.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote