Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 15:18   #1
hsprincipal
Senior Member
 
hsprincipal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 907
G23 gen4 another 110 rounds today.

Fired 110 rounds today (214 to date) thru my new 23 gen4. Talon rubbers made it a lot nicer. Didn't think I would ever carry a pistol this size but its quiet comfortable and can't tell much difference in it and the 27 which has been my primary carry gun.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
G23, G21, G22, G26, G17, G27, G20, G19, G34, G30s, G17L, G42, S&W 1911sc, Ruger SR1911, S&W New .38 Bodyguard, Neos, Nano, PPQ .40, Sig 2022 9mm, Victory model .38 S&W, Colt LE6920, PPS, M9, 870, S&W 637, CW9, RO 9mm, 590a1, CM9, VP9, USP 9, CM9
hsprincipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 15:23   #2
randyc74
Senior Member
 
randyc74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 952
It sounds like you have a winner there. I carry both a G23 and G27. Besides the lenght of the grip, they both carry alike.
__________________
Bulldog Custom Gun Leather

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
randyc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 16:17   #3
alwaysshootin
Senior Member
 
alwaysshootin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprincipal View Post
Fired 110 rounds today (214 to date) thru my new 23 gen4. Talon rubbers made it a lot nicer. Didn't think I would ever carry a pistol this size but its quiet comfortable and can't tell much difference in it and the 27 which has been my primary carry gun.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I thought the 200 round mark was all the 4th Gens got before the stoppages began?
__________________
If guns kill people, then, I can blame my pencil on my spelling!
alwaysshootin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 16:23   #4
MonsterB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 664
I went from a g26, same size as your 27, to a G23 for conceiled carry. Reason was during a draw I could get a much more reliable and consistent grip with the 23. The difference in size is minor, and you can easily carry a g23, its smal, light, and very dehorned. My favorite and most respected carry gun is a g23.
__________________
MonsterB, 1 686 lane, Smith and Wesson USA 00357
MonsterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 19:08   #5
hsprincipal
Senior Member
 
hsprincipal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
I thought the 200 round mark was all the 4th Gens got before the stoppages began?
Lol. This may be one of the "good ones". No stoppages, ftf, btf, fte or KFC. This one is a keeper.... .


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
G23, G21, G22, G26, G17, G27, G20, G19, G34, G30s, G17L, G42, S&W 1911sc, Ruger SR1911, S&W New .38 Bodyguard, Neos, Nano, PPQ .40, Sig 2022 9mm, Victory model .38 S&W, Colt LE6920, PPS, M9, 870, S&W 637, CW9, RO 9mm, 590a1, CM9, VP9, USP 9, CM9
hsprincipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 19:10   #6
hsprincipal
Senior Member
 
hsprincipal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterB View Post
I went from a g26, same size as your 27, to a G23 for conceiled carry. Reason was during a draw I could get a much more reliable and consistent grip with the 23. The difference in size is minor, and you can easily carry a g23, its smal, light, and very dehorned. My favorite and most respected carry gun is a g23.
I agree, have heard many make that claim. Now I know for myself. I'm happy with this one and as long as clothing allows I will be carrying the 23.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
G23, G21, G22, G26, G17, G27, G20, G19, G34, G30s, G17L, G42, S&W 1911sc, Ruger SR1911, S&W New .38 Bodyguard, Neos, Nano, PPQ .40, Sig 2022 9mm, Victory model .38 S&W, Colt LE6920, PPS, M9, 870, S&W 637, CW9, RO 9mm, 590a1, CM9, VP9, USP 9, CM9
hsprincipal is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,007
238 Members
769 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31