GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 22:16   #1
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 92,623
Picked up another CZ :)

Here I go again with the oddball pistols. First the Mauser M2 and now this.

For those that have never heard of the CZ 40B, it was a pistol that was the idea of Colt. Colt wanted a double action pistol in their lineup, but the Double Eagle was a relative failure and production stopped in 1997.

In 1998, Colt partnered with CZ to have them design a good double action pistol. The result was the Colt Z40 and, as the name suggested, it was developed for and chambered only in 40S&W. It shares the 1911's grip angle, which was a design stipulation that Colt implemented. To make a long story short, CZ produced the Z40 for Colt for a year before the business relationship soured and Colt dropped it from their lineup. CZ continued to produce the pistol for another year under the moniker "40B". With such a short production run for this pistol under both names, there aren't many around. The only finish it was offered in is the black coating that CZ uses for its other pistols. The 1911-style grips are black rubber.

The 40B is different from anything Colt or CZ produced before or since. However, like everything CZ produces, its a very well built pistol. Unlike the metal CZ 75 based pistols, this has an aluminum frame, not steel. Despite the fact that this pistol looks so different from the CZ 75, the action and trigger have an identical feel. When you handle it, you know you have a CZ in your hands. Like other CZ pistols, the slide rides inside the frame.

Does anyone else have a 40B or Z40?

Enjoy the pics. No box or papers, but I got a decent deal on it.


General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 22:41   #2
skeeter7
Brass Vulture
 
skeeter7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 7,062
Congrats!
__________________
NECC #401
skeeter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 22:54   #3
arkdweller22
Senior Member
 
arkdweller22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 999
Congratulations. Nice find, those get rarer by the day.
CZ makes quality firearms, enjoy it in health.
arkdweller22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 23:11   #4
steve1911
Senior Member
 
steve1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: oregon
Posts: 2,936
I like it.

Congrats!


1911club#410
__________________
html
steve1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 23:52   #5
oldnoob
Senior Member
 
oldnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: City of Angel, California
Posts: 4,265
CZ40. Another 40s&w on my short list. Congrats Bac.
__________________
Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
My mini forum.
oldnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:30   #6
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 9,091
Sweet!

I have yet to add a CZ to the collection. I've been meaning to for some time.
__________________
When you finish speaking, don't forget to wipe.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:43   #7
Glock40man
Senior Member
 
Glock40man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,361
Congrats!
__________________
_____
.... you put a whole new shine on the word overkill. "When you need it, and don't have it.... you sing a different tune."- M. Gross
Glock40man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48   #8
Glock40man
Senior Member
 
Glock40man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post

I have yet to add a CZ to the collection. I've been meaning to for some time.
I do too. I've shot a few but, I don't own one yet.
__________________
_____
.... you put a whole new shine on the word overkill. "When you need it, and don't have it.... you sing a different tune."- M. Gross
Glock40man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:52   #9
GlockinNJ
Senior Member
 
GlockinNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PRONJ
Posts: 2,710
Great looking pistol! Congrats.
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:57   #10
Bob Hafler
Senior Member
 
Bob Hafler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,205
Great find. Congrats
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:03   #11
Rustin
Senior Member
 
Rustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,682
That looks awesome! Congrats.

Do they make it in a 9mm? I really like the 1911 grip angle of it.
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:11   #12
Tim151515
iHeartGuns
 
Tim151515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,886
Does it work? I think I remember someone else on here saying they had one at it was the most unreliable cz they ever shot. Looks pretty nice though.
Tim151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:32   #13
GoBigOrange
Senior Member
 
GoBigOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orlando(missing Tennessee)
Posts: 1,834
Bac,

I had a CZ 40P(different gun). Let's just say I hope your's works better than mine.

I loved the ergonomics but according to everything I've read on CZ forum the 40B and the 40P are CZ's least reliable models. I never could get mine to run 100%.

I would love to have a 75 someday though.
__________________
Quote:
Some people's lives are just a perpetual series of slow motion train wrecks. All you can do is try to stay clear of the debris fields.
GoBigOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:44   #14
Beanie-Bean
Senior Member
 
Beanie-Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,096
Congrats on another rare bird acquisition! Interesting story behind the production run.

Enjoy!
__________________
NRA Endowment Life Member
Ammo by Dillon and Hornady

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:48   #15
grecco
Senior Member
 
grecco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: philadelphia pa
Posts: 4,420


Congrats!!
__________________
There are those that DRINK the KOOL Aid,and then those that just get it.
Which one are you?
grecco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:11   #16
panzer1
NRA MEMBER
 
panzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: p.a.
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Here I go again with the oddball pistols. First the Mauser M2 and now this.

For those that have never heard of the CZ 40B, it was a pistol that was the idea of Colt. Colt wanted a double action pistol in their lineup, but the Double Eagle was a relative failure and production stopped in 1997.

In 1998, Colt partnered with CZ to have them design a good double action pistol. The result was the Colt Z40 and, as the name suggested, it was developed for and chambered only in 40S&W. It shares the 1911's grip angle, which was a design stipulation that Colt implemented. To make a long story short, CZ produced the Z40 for Colt for a year before the business relationship soured and Colt dropped it from their lineup. CZ continued to produce the pistol for another year under the moniker "40B". With such a short production run for this pistol under both names, there aren't many around. The only finish it was offered in is the black coating that CZ uses for its other pistols. The 1911-style grips are black rubber.

The 40B is different from anything Colt or CZ produced before or since. However, like everything CZ produces, its a very well built pistol. Unlike the metal CZ 75 based pistols, this has an aluminum frame, not steel. Despite the fact that this pistol looks so different from the CZ 75, the action and trigger have an identical feel. When you handle it, you know you have a CZ in your hands. Like other CZ pistols, the slide rides inside the frame.

Does anyone else have a 40B or Z40?

Enjoy the pics. No box or papers, but I got a decent deal on it.


General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
Yes I have one. I got it from CDNN NIB for $299.00 some years back. Got like 4-6 mag for it also from CDNN. You can still get the mag's from them cheep. Love the gun myself. Can I ask what you payed for it? Thanks.
__________________
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY!
NRA MEMBER
panzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:13   #17
panzer1
NRA MEMBER
 
panzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: p.a.
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
That looks awesome! Congrats.

Do they make it in a 9mm? I really like the 1911 grip angle of it.
Like he said only in 40s&w.
__________________
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY!
NRA MEMBER
panzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:16   #18
panzer1
NRA MEMBER
 
panzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: p.a.
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
Bac,

I had a CZ 40P(different gun). Let's just say I hope your's works better than mine.

I loved the ergonomics but according to everything I've read on CZ forum the 40B and the 40P are CZ's least reliable models. I never could get mine to run 100%.

I would love to have a 75 someday though.
I never heard that,mine is 100% from day one. Sorry about yours.
__________________
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY!
NRA MEMBER
panzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:19   #19
panzer1
NRA MEMBER
 
panzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: p.a.
Posts: 2,019
I seen the z40(colt) at a gun show years back guy wanted like $900.00 for it.
__________________
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY!
NRA MEMBER
panzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:24   #20
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 92,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer1 View Post
Yes I have one. I got it from CDNN NIB for $299.00 some years back. Got like 4-6 mag for it also from CDNN. You can still get the mag's from them cheep. Love the gun myself. Can I ask what you payed for it? Thanks.
$360 OTD

You can't seem to find them on Gunbroker for under $400 these days, so I felt I got a good deal.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by bac1023; 07-24-2012 at 07:27..
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:06.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,057
306 Members
751 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31