SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:10   #101
RicoGordo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Carbine View Post
In past years I have converted a number of anti-gun people to "our side". Most all went on to buy guns and even get their carry license.

But I have no interest in offering aid of any kind or having any dealings with obama supporters.
I especially wouldn't teach one to shoot.

The fact is I have an extremely low opinion of anyone that voted for that *******, twice.
That is your choice, but an anti-gun double Obama voter still represents pressure against guns.

You just might turn them around on the Obama stuff along with the gun stuff.

EDIT: Unlikely on the other Obama stuff. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Last edited by RicoGordo; 11-19-2012 at 10:07..
RicoGordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36   #102
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Wot.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 13:33   #103
greentriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkio View Post
No, I simply hit the highest of many points in which you failed. I will touch on a few others as well now.

You stated that most bad economies will right themselves and later state the Keynesian theory that recoveries are driven by government spending because no one else is willing to step up to the plate. Stating those 2 things are about as polar opposite in economic theory that you can get.

I don't sit around with like-minded people to create my understanding and knowledge of finance, economics and business. My knowledge has come from real-world experience where my butt and that of my family's is on the line every week. There's no one there to take care of me and my family but myself. I can't get my work done, my clients dont pay and there's no employer to pay me regardless of what I do or don't do. So, don't cast aspersions on me, belittling me by implying I simply sit around with drooling neanderthals to reinforce my misguided beliefs. If you want to discuss economics etc., fine let's discuss economics. But don't come back later after you step in it and run for cover by saying, "well, I'm not an economist..." When you do that, it becomes incredibly transparent that you have no idea of which you speak.

You state:

And, that I should read your posts. Which I did, including the following:

You are having a little trouble keeping your story straight.One would think an educated person such as yourself, could do a better job keeping your STORY straight.

Again, I know if feels good to emote, but this is a big-boy world where decisions such as elections have real-world consequences. When we are facing serious, dire economic times, feelings and emotions have no place in decision-making.

Your statement about government spending to take place of private industry when they are to afraid to step into the market brings to light a point I started to make earlier, but there was so much ground to cover that I, to use your words, decided to save my fingers. I've no delusions about changing your mind. But I cannot allow this drivel to go completely unopposed. Let me ask you a serious question. Why do you think business-people are scared and sitting on the sidelines? If you had ever been in a serious management position where you were responsible for making very profound (read that as big bucks involved) decisions, you would know that the best manager is one that gets the most accomplished with the absolute least amount of risk. IOW, where I think administratively O and his ilk have failed is that they feel they are the only cure to that which ills us. When reality is, the best thing they could have done is lay the groundwork to convince all those holding cash on the sidelines to step into the market with the money they are holding. Let private industry to stimulate the economy with private funds. Do not take from me and others, filter that through the inefficiencies and corruption of government, and have some sorry bureaucrats with no business experience to determine where to spend the funds to try and stimulate the economy.

Imagine the flood of capital into the economy if capital gains were zeroed out or dropped to 5 - 7.5%. Do you have any idea how much money would cascade into the market? Now a lot of these class-warfarelords would absolutely wet the bed if you suggest this, but you are getting done what needs to be done, without any additional confiscatory tax practices.

As to your social concerns, show me where a Republican has done any serious damage to any of these social groups? Do they pat their heads, rubs their backs, tell them that whatever they want to do is fine in order to affirm these peoples' personal choices? No. But they also don't remove any real rights. So much of what is being demanded by special-interest groups is simply attempts to get Daddy (aka the government) to tell them that no matter what they choose to do, Daddy supports them. Most of the republicans that the left claims to be a threat to everyone's rights, might personally disagree with some social choices/activities/lifestyles etc., but there is no large-scale effort to curb or make illegal these choices etc. The republican I hoped would be entering the WH is a big boy who knows how to prioritize and fix problems, like the economy. You don't deal with a burning home by weeding the garden. You deal with the big items and move on.

Finally, if the federal government is emasculated by the continued crushing economic woes, do you think Daddy (federal government) would be able to placate and cater to all these social groups? It's time to quit all this bed-wetting about hurting peoples' feelings and get to work fixing the fricken economy. It's time to make tough decisions and stop wasting time worrying about these petty issues. As I tell my elementary-aged children, toughen up buttercup. Stop looking for affirmations and a pat on the head and start worrying and working on the real issues at hand.

Oh, and one other thing, don't call me Gracie.
Your colloquial personal story, while interesting and perhaps fun over a beer has no relevance in a national or macro policy discussion. But, it's not uncommon for people to interject their personal experiences to support what they think is right. It's not all about you. As for my "economic" model. Yes for the most part the process is cyclical, however in downturn ex economic times when patience won't do, some form d stimulus is needed, that's when govt action as previously mentioned had helped, historically that is.

It's not the social programs that spin the wheels, it's the belief behind them. Attacking women, minorities, gays and anyone who is outside the diminishing tent is clearly not working for you all, but please keep it up, please. It's not taking rights away, but not wanting to share them in the first place. You are like many of your ilk, immersed in fiction and even when presented with fact you burry your head in your personalized stories and say, no, no, no.... My 2 year old acts this way. Your so called "big boy" showed his true colors in defeat I expect others with your micro views will too.

Finally, if you understood the context of the Gracie statement, you would have known I was not referring to you...

Happy holidays.
greentriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 16:03   #104
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

It doesn't matter. It's all Bush's fault. (Unless, of course, by some miracle, the economy starts to recover, and then it will be due to Obama).

See how easy that is to understand?
Old 11-19-2012, 16:04   #105
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
They smell different
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 16:26   #106
greentriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
It doesn't matter. It's all Bush's fault. (Unless, of course, by some miracle, the economy starts to recover, and then it will be due to Obama).

See how easy that is to understand?
Yea, and if the Republican elitist had taken office and things continued to improve you all. Would be signing his praise and saying "I told you so." Let's not be too obviously hypocritical shall we.
Old 11-19-2012, 20:14   #107
rgregoryb
Sapere aude

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentriple View Post
Your wife let's you do that? Mine stopped after the "I Do"
maybe it's just you.......

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:14   #108
Tarkio

Quote:
Your colloquial personal story, while interesting and perhaps fun over a beer has no relevance in a national or macro policy discussion. But, it's not uncommon for people to interject their personal experiences to support what they think is right. It's not all about you. As for my "economic" model. Yes for the most part the process is cyclical, however in downturn ex economic times when patience won't do, some form d stimulus is needed, that's when govt action as previously mentioned had helped, historically that is.

It's not the social programs that spin the wheels, it's the belief behind them. Attacking women, minorities, gays and anyone who is outside the diminishing tent is clearly not working for you all, but please keep it up, please. It's not taking rights away, but not wanting to share them in the first place. You are like many of your ilk, immersed in fiction and even when presented with fact you burry your head in your personalized stories and say, no, no, no.... My 2 year old acts this way. Your so called "big boy" showed his true colors in defeat I expect others with your micro views will too.

Finally, if you understood the context of the Gracie statement, you would have known I was not referring to you...

Happy holidays.
If you want to sound smart by using big words, you might want to make certain they are appropriate for what you are wanting to accomplish.

I will try to keep it brief, I know I won't change your mind but I can't let BS go unchallenged.

My "colloquial personal story", as you call it, is not colloquial at all. (Here is where you want to check you dictionary. I'll help you, www.dictionary.com). My experience and knowledge come from participating in this economy, operating multiple small-businesses, paying tens of thousands of dollars in taxes taxes annually and working with/for clients whose businesses do 9+ figures annually.

I am also sitting here looking to purchase an additional business and am at a standstill because of these actions taken by our government. Now you can poo-poo this all you want. But the reality is that what this government is doing is extremely antithetical to healthy business growth excepting the golden-child, crony-capitalist businesses looked on favorably by our leaders.

You conveniently ignore the facts I brought up, provided by you. You sheepishly sidestep responsibility when you are called on your hypocrisy referencing economics by saying, "I'm not an economist, but I did take a course in college and I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night" (paraphrased for comedic content). But then, you turn right back around and wade into economics and belittle me and others implying I am uninformed on the subject.

I absolutely agree with you that the perception that Republicans want to do nothing but take away footholds, perceived rights etc. of special interests groups played a key role in people voting for O. But my point is that was a misdirection by the left and the uninformed masses bought it hook, line and sinker and, to use your words, "burry" their heads and not deal with the big issues, rather vote for someone because it makes them feel good.

You state your support for O as an agent of change but then deny that's why you voted that way.

You ignore my sincere theoretical question about why do you think there is so much private capital on the sidelines in recent history?

You ignore my hypothetical regarding capital gains taxes and the cutting of those as a tool to stimulate the economy without removing money from consumers and producers.

It is glaringly apparent you don't understand how business works, how jobs are created and what businesspeople have to deal with to do the former. That's fine, but don't try to bluff your way through.

Finally, after we drag this out, the real greentriple shows his cards with the following:

Quote:
if the Republican elitist had taken office
Just as I suspected. You harbor a resentment to those who have done well and see it as unfair. This path of dislike, distrust and loathing of those who have succeeded is what I have seen in many third-world countries where class-warfare is a tool utilized by the "progressives" to lead the lower class down the path to only empower the progressives while doing nothing for the lower class minions who have done their bidding.

All this proves the point that making very large important business decisions based on emotions is very dangerous and has very serious implications.

BTW I know what the reference, "Say goodnight Gracie" means / refers to. Apparently you are a little height-challenged with regard to humor.
Tarkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:53   #109
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 14:29   #110
greentriple

Quote:
If you want to sound smart by using big words, you might want to make certain they are appropriate for what you are wanting to accomplish.

I will try to keep it brief, I know I won't change your mind but I can't let BS go unchallenged.

My "colloquial personal story", as you call it, is not colloquial at all. (Here is where you want to check you dictionary. I'll help you, www.dictionary.com). My experience and knowledge come from participating in this economy, operating multiple small-businesses, paying tens of thousands of dollars in taxes taxes annually and working with/for clients whose businesses do 9+ figures annually.

I am also sitting here looking to purchase an additional business and am at a standstill because of these actions taken by our government. Now you can poo-poo this all you want. But the reality is that what this government is doing is extremely antithetical to healthy business growth excepting the golden-child, crony-capitalist businesses looked on favorably by our leaders.

You conveniently ignore the facts I brought up, provided by you. You sheepishly sidestep responsibility when you are called on your hypocrisy referencing economics by saying, "I'm not an economist, but I did take a course in college and I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night" (paraphrased for comedic content). But then, you turn right back around and wade into economics and belittle me and others implying I am uninformed on the subject.

I absolutely agree with you that the perception that Republicans want to do nothing but take away footholds, perceived rights etc. of special interests groups played a key role in people voting for O. But my point is that was a misdirection by the left and the uninformed masses bought it hook, line and sinker and, to use your words, "burry" their heads and not deal with the big issues, rather vote for someone because it makes them feel good.

You state your support for O as an agent of change but then deny that's why you voted that way.

You ignore my sincere theoretical question about why do you think there is so much private capital on the sidelines in recent history?

You ignore my hypothetical regarding capital gains taxes and the cutting of those as a tool to stimulate the economy without removing money from consumers and producers.

It is glaringly apparent you don't understand how business works, how jobs are created and what businesspeople have to deal with to do the former. That's fine, but don't try to bluff your way through.

Finally, after we drag this out, the real greentriple shows his cards with the following:

Just as I suspected. You harbor a resentment to those who have done well and see it as unfair. This path of dislike, distrust and loathing of those who have succeeded is what I have seen in many third-world countries where class-warfare is a tool utilized by the "progressives" to lead the lower class down the path to only empower the progressives while doing nothing for the lower class minions who have done their bidding.

All this proves the point that making very large important business decisions based on emotions is very dangerous and has very serious implications.

BTW I know what the reference, "Say goodnight Gracie" means / refers to. Apparently you are a little height-challenged with regard to humor.
OMG, you are like that sobbing, self-indulgent child who believes his story is representative of something more than just his tiny little persona. You then show your clear grandiosity and insecurity by bragging about you accomplishments as if they somehow make you something more than you are. But if you'd like a pat on the back, consider it done.

Finally, and I do hope finally, I have no resentment of the accomplishments of others. Right now I feel no need to brag about mine or somehow place mine in discussion as if they make me an authority. I'm happy you are successful, whatever that means to you. I'm sure you did not grow up with a silver spoon in your mouth and pulled yourself up by your own big bootstraps. You're the model example of the great American man, self-reliant and independent. I'm sure your reflection gives you pride and joy and articulating to any who will listen or read of your greatness reinforces your awesomeness.

Buy more things, open more businesses, don't insure your employees, pay them substandard wages and keep making that profit. Oh, and while your at it, battle progressives on a conservative gun page where you're views will only be enveloped in like minded love.
Old 11-27-2012, 17:49   #111
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoGordo View Post
"Blah blah blah blah words mean what I say blah blah disagree and you are a communist blah blah."

Seriously, why do you care what two consenting people do in private? Are you going to send me to prison for kissing my wife below her waistline?
First, as a medical professional, I have to advise you that if you are only kissing it, you are doing it wrong.

Second, he was alluding to Barry being against giving medical aid to a live baby, outside the womb, if a planned abortion intended to kill it.

There is simply something inherently wrong with a position like that.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 20:51   #112
Tarkio

Quote:
OMG, you are like that sobbing, self-indulgent child who believes his story is representative of something more than just his tiny little persona. You then show your clear grandiosity and insecurity by bragging about you accomplishments as if they somehow make you something more than you are. But if you'd like a pat on the back, consider it done.

Finally, and I do hope finally, I have no resentment of the accomplishments of others. Right now I feel no need to brag about mine or somehow place mine in discussion as if they make me an authority. I'm happy you are successful, whatever that means to you. I'm sure you did not grow up with a silver spoon in your mouth and pulled yourself up by your own big bootstraps. You're the model example of the great American man, self-reliant and independent. I'm sure your reflection gives you pride and joy and articulating to any who will listen or read of your greatness reinforces your awesomeness.

Buy more things, open more businesses, don't insure your employees, pay them substandard wages and keep making that profit. Oh, and while your at it, battle progressives on a conservative gun page where you're views will only be enveloped in like minded love.
Just keep proving my point for me.

When you have nothing, you resort to attacks and name calling. At least you utilized proper vocabulary this time. Glad I could help you with the www.dictionary.com website.

Again you have failed to deal with facts and realities presented.

You belittle me and try to denigrate me to make it look as though I am posting only to toot my own horn while totally ignoring your lack of depth on matters of consequence and your glaring hypocrisy and class envy.

Keep emoting my friend. It's cathartic, so I'm told.
Old 11-27-2012, 22:41   #113
greentriple

Quote:
Just keep proving my point for me.

When you have nothing, you resort to attacks and name calling. At least you utilized proper vocabulary this time. Glad I could help you with the www.dictionary.com website.

Again you have failed to deal with facts and realities presented.

You belittle me and try to denigrate me to make it look as though I am posting only to toot my own horn while totally ignoring your lack of depth on matters of consequence and your glaring hypocrisy and class envy.

Keep emoting my friend. It's cathartic, so I'm told.
Denigrate: "class envy" - you know not what "class" am apart of. But we clearly know what your braggart self is.
Belittle & denigrate: "your lack of depth... glaring hypocrisy"..

I am amazed at how you do that which you say is being done.

In the end you are of no consequence. You may say the same of me in retort, but not knowing what I do you would show your true colors. I will say this, I'm confident that in a week I affect more live in a significant life affirming way that has valued and lasting impact. I protect the rights you so cherish and secure them for everyone, large and small.

Peace

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09   #114
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Simply a marketing ploy to get the yahoos to come into his store and waste money.

Last edited by GWSHARK; 11-29-2012 at 11:39..
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36   #115
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWSHARK View Post
Simply a marketing ploy to get the yahoos in his story to waste money.
Buying guns, ammo, targets, that sort of silly thing.
Old 11-28-2012, 15:00   #116
evlbruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoGordo View Post
That is your choice, but an anti-gun double Obama voter still represents pressure against guns.

You just might turn them around on the Obama stuff along with the gun stuff.

EDIT: Unlikely on the other Obama stuff. Not impossible, but unlikely.
In my experience it doesn't work that way; they'll turn in their guns before they'll turn in their entitlements.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 17:01   #117
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Quote:
Buying guns, ammo, targets, that sort of silly thing.
From HIS store exclusively. Suckers!!!!
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 17:16   #118
Tarkio

Quote:
Denigrate: "class envy" - you know not what "class" am apart of. But we clearly know what your braggart self is.
Belittle & denigrate: "your lack of depth... glaring hypocrisy"..

I am amazed at how you do that which you say is being done.

In the end you are of no consequence. You may say the same of me in retort, but not knowing what I do you would show your true colors. I will say this, I'm confident that in a week I affect more live in a significant life affirming way that has valued and lasting impact. I protect the rights you so cherish and secure them for everyone, large and small.

Peace
Greentriple, my friend, when you call a man an elitist (your own words) it shows/proves your class envy. I do not need to know what class you are in to know this is nothing more than class envy.

Quote:
OMG, you are like that sobbing, self-indulgent child

Quote:
his tiny little persona

Quote:
You then show your clear grandiosity and insecurity

Quote:
your braggart self

Hmmm. Whose words might these have been?

I am not certain where the "braggart" tag comes from. I've purposefully not divulged much personal info on here because it is no-one's business but my own. If you feel threatened by someone mentioning what they do for a living (in my case self-employed who happens to work for some very successful people) in order to give context, then I am sorry for you.
Quote:
Right now I feel no need to brag about mine or somehow place mine in discussion as if they make me an authority.

Quote:
I will say this, I'm confident that in a week I affect more live in a significant life affirming way that has valued and lasting impact.

Now must be the time to brag about your occupation and place it in discussion as yet another way to try and belittle me and my beliefs.

To close, you have yet to deal with any of the facts presented, questions posed, humor missed, etc. in any of my posts. This, and your most recent post, proves that to you, feelings and emoting are your priority rather than dealing with reality. Which is exactly the problem with so many in the electorate.

Last edited by Tarkio; 11-28-2012 at 17:17..
Old 11-28-2012, 17:31   #119
Gunnut 45/454

Wow as we see the Libertards that supported Barry are coming out of the wall in this thread! Good on the Gunshop let them go buy there pink firearms some where else! Cause anyone who supported the Socialist in Chief IS THE ENEMY to freedom!
Old 11-28-2012, 19:13   #120
ballr4lyf

I agree with the move. If you voted for a candidate who openly advocated for a new AWB *and* a ban on "cheap" handguns, you basically just voted in a direct threat to his business... A business that you still want to patronize for your own personal jollies... And the liberals call Republicans "greedy".
ballr4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 23:59   #121
JRH

Quote:
I know a few strange Obama supporters. But, I don't know one single Obama supporter who owns his own business. So, I agree.
Well, in that case... Let me introduce myself! 2 in fact; ever since 1998. Own a gun or 8 lol. Love them for hobby, hunting, and protection. With President Obama winning over 50% of the votes, is it wise (long term) not to sell to them? Simple "Arithmetic." Maybe Clint, will cover his losses, and help pay his bills!

Last edited by JRH; 11-29-2012 at 00:04..
JRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18   #122
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRH View Post
Well, in that case... Let me introduce myself! 2 in fact; ever since 1998. Own a gun or 8 lol. Love them for hobby, hunting, and protection. With President Obama winning over 50% of the votes, is it wise (long term) not to sell to them? Simple "Arithmetic." Maybe Clint, will cover his losses, and help pay his bills!
Like a one legged man winning an ass kicking contest, it had to happen sooner or later.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:36   #123
Gary W Trott
Prickley Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
Turning away customers is very bad for business. I guess pick your battles where you may, but be aware there are consequences.
The store's owner is probably guessing that it will gain more customers than it loses due to the publicity from this marketing stunt. In my opinion they are guessing correctly.
Gary W Trott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 14:50   #124
greentriple

Quote:
Greentriple, my friend, when you call a man an elitist (your own words) it shows/proves your class envy. I do not need to know what class you are in to know this is nothing more than class envy.

Hmmm. Whose words might these have been?

I am not certain where the "braggart" tag comes from. I've purposefully not divulged much personal info on here because it is no-one's business but my own. If you feel threatened by someone mentioning what they do for a living (in my case self-employed who happens to work for some very successful people) in order to give context, then I am sorry for you.

Now must be the time to brag about your occupation and place it in discussion as yet another way to try and belittle me and my beliefs.

To close, you have yet to deal with any of the facts presented, questions posed, humor missed, etc. in any of my posts. This, and your most recent post, proves that to you, feelings and emoting are your priority rather than dealing with reality. Which is exactly the problem with so many in the electorate.