SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 17:54   #41
meathead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoGordo View Post
Stupidity on the part of one does not justify stupidity on the part of another.
So, I'm guessing you voted for O?
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:24   #42
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentriple View Post
I voted for Obama and I own more than one gun. In fact, I have many progressive friends who own guns and have no issue with the second amendment. It's conservative politics and close-minded conservatives that worry them and me. It's hate mongers who want to topple a govt. or question its legitimacy b/c they don't like the guy in the Oval Office that my friends and I don't like or respect.. It's Haters who question Obama's citizenship/nationality and right to be President that are a wast of time and as Un-Patriotic. It's not gun ownership that's the problem with the right, but pure ignorance and the lack of ability to accept irresponsibility for failure. Over 50% voted for Obama, more than the "47%" feared by the Right. I did not vote for a hand out, I've not gotten one, and don't expect the shwagg bag to arrive in the mail anytime soon.

But you all have the freedom to type your mind and with the internet you continue to fool yourselves into believing conservatism has a place in America.... Keep writing to the converted it will ensure your ongoing failure.
This back assward kind of thought makes me scared...
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:41   #43
Kawabuggy

It's very clear that Green Triple is NOT now, nor will he ever be a small/medium/large business owner. It's also very clear that he has been indoctrinated and is guilty himself of EXACTLY what he claims the right is guilty of-IGNORANCE. He will be happy to live the rest of his life as a sheep paying more & more taxes into a system that will never care to even know his name unless it is being printed on a tax bill. Good for him.

It's very easy to point that finger at others and call them names. Note I did not say it was mature, just easy. Good job GT.
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:46   #44
meathead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy View Post
It's very clear that Green Triple is NOT now, nor will he ever be a small/medium/large business owner. It's also very clear that he has been indoctrinated and is guilty himself of EXACTLY what he claims the right is guilty of-IGNORANCE. He will be happy to live the rest of his life as a sheep paying more & more taxes into a system that will never care to even know his name unless it is being printed on a tax bill. Good for him.

It's very easy to point that finger at others and call them names. Note I did not say it was mature, just easy. Good job GT.
I don't think he was called a name.
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 19:08   #45
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
and if you're wondering what Obama has done to take away gun rights, look no further than Chicago
The Chicago gun ban was effective in 1982. Obama was 20 years old, was a college student a year away from his first degree.

So, what, again, does he have to do with taking away gun rights in Chicago?
Old 11-15-2012, 19:14   #46
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
So, what, again, does he have to do with taking away gun rights in Chicago?
Or anywhere else, for that matter. Obama's "anti-gun activity" is a perception, not a fact. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 20:36   #47
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Or anywhere else, for that matter. Obama's "anti-gun activity" is a perception, not a fact. HH
Sir, please get your objective thinking out of here.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:08   #48
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy View Post

I know a few strange Obama supporters. But, I don't know one single Obama supporter who owns his own business. So, I agree.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53   #49
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoGordo View Post
This will not be very useful for trying to get gun-control supporters to go shooting with you.
If you need to prove to an anti-gunner that they need a gun, you'd be better of stabbing them than trying to take them shooting.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:01   #50
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK_40GLKr View Post
Yeah, but his principles sound a bit dictatorial.
That doesn't make much sense - it looks like a sole proprietor owned business. It is supposed to be dictatorial, like all of them. 1 person makes the decisions. Are you aware of a small busineess that calls people in off the street to vote on their decisions, or do you have some other meaning for the word "dictatorial"?
Old 11-16-2012, 09:12   #51
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If you need to prove to an anti-gunner that they need a gun, you'd be better of stabbing them than trying to take them shooting.
^^^
Tag line material!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18   #52
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Over 50% voted for Obama, more than the "47%" feared by the Right.
I believe the 47% referred to 47% of the total population.

Only 59,621,436 of a population of about 315,000,000 voted for Obama. So our leader was chosen by about 19% of our total population.

Of our voting population, Obama got 51% of the votes of the 57.5% of eligible voters who turned out. So even if we just count people eligible to vote, only about 29% of the people who could have, cast a vote for him.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42   #53
podwich

Quote:
I voted for Obama and I own more than one gun. In fact, I have many progressive friends who own guns and have no issue with the second amendment. It's conservative politics and close-minded conservatives that worry them and me. It's hate mongers who want to topple a govt. or question its legitimacy b/c they don't like the guy in the Oval Office that my friends and I don't like or respect.. It's Haters who question Obama's citizenship/nationality and right to be President that are a wast of time and as Un-Patriotic. It's not gun ownership that's the problem with the right, but pure ignorance and the lack of ability to accept irresponsibility for failure. Over 50% voted for Obama, more than the "47%" feared by the Right. I did not vote for a hand out, I've not gotten one, and don't expect the shwagg bag to arrive in the mail anytime soon.

But you all have the freedom to type your mind and with the internet you continue to fool yourselves into believing conservatism has a place in America.... Keep writing to the converted it will ensure your ongoing failure.
Do these words sound like those of person who does not have gun control on his mind? "But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns." -Obama.

I'm also honestly curious--why did you vote for Obama? I know there's a big thing about how people supposedly voted for handouts, but you're not looking for that. What was it in him that you liked? My biggest concern is the economy (by a long shot) and my experience over the last 4 years was not good. I thought Romney presented a chance for the economy to improve. Did you see it differently or what was it that made you vote for Obama (I'm assuming you didn't just vote against Romney)?
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:02   #54
WarCry

Quote:
I believe the 47% referred to 47% of the total population.

Only 59,621,436 of a population of about 315,000,000 voted for Obama. So our leader was chosen by about 19% of our total population.

Of our voting population, Obama got 51% of the votes of the 57.5% of eligible voters who turned out. So even if we just count people eligible to vote, only about 29% of the people who could have, cast a vote for him.
So, what you're saying is shoulda-coulda-woulda? Of the people who bothered to vote, the President is still the President. If the Right isn't happy about it, they can't spend their time blaming the Left, but rather finding out why so many people stayed home.

That's a tall order, though, because voter apathy - on both sides - has been getting worse and worse. Talking about numbers that COULD have shown up isn't really worth doing. Finding out why they DIDN'T show up is what needs to happen.

Talk like your post about "well, it was REALLY only a few percent" bears no fruit other than sour grapes. Of the people who cast their ballots, one guy got the majority of those - both popular and electoral - and so he won. Period.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:35   #55
M2 Carbine

Quote:
Pinetop gun store says your business is not welcome
Sounds OK to me.

Personally, even though it's not a business, I will not teach a obama supporter to shoot and I won't allow them to shoot on my range.

Last edited by M2 Carbine; 11-16-2012 at 10:36..
M2 Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:40   #56
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Somebody on the right decides to be exclusive rather than inclusive? Shocking!!!

That's what got Obama elected in the first place.

With all the hysteria buying that's going to continue he should be thanking people that voted for Obama.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:53   #57
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Carbine View Post
Sounds OK to me.

Personally, even though it's not a business, I will not teach a obama supporter to shoot and I won't allow them to shoot on my range.
Way ta go Buck.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:59   #58
ADK_40GLKr

Quote:
... do you have some other meaning for the word "dictatorial"?
Actually, yes, I substituted it for fascist!

How about autocratic, totalitarian, Tyrranical?

First he wants to know what my "secret" vote was.

Then he wants to "discriminate" against me if I don't answer the way he likes.

But he DOES have the right to his opinions & beliefs. I'd probably shop there anyway, if I wanted his merchandise as opposed to his opinion.

The thought was attributed to Voltaire (though there's no proof he actually said it): "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it!"

This goes for our voting as well.

(If you want to know about MY political, religious, or personal beliefs, follow my avatars and sig lines, but my VOTE is really none of your darned business!)

Last edited by ADK_40GLKr; 11-16-2012 at 12:21..
ADK_40GLKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01   #59
greentriple

This is why I voted for him it the simplest and most humorous terms:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2143614.html

I am part of the ever changing America, reviled today only to rise and ...
greentriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:09   #60
greentriple

Quote:
Originally Posted by podwich View Post
Do these words sound like those of person who does not have gun control on his mind? "But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns." -Obama.

I'm also honestly curious--why did you vote for Obama? I know there's a big thing about how people supposedly voted for handouts, but you're not looking for that. What was it in him that you liked? My biggest concern is the economy (by a long shot) and my experience over the last 4 years was not good. I thought Romney presented a chance for the economy to improve. Did you see it differently or what was it that made you vote for Obama (I'm assuming you didn't just vote against Romney)?

Look, I agree with you the economy sucks and it sucked worse when Obama came into office. I don't think either man would have a real significant effect on the future of the economy, it has historically righted and wronged itself, with few exceptions (Bill Clinton era). O represents change and I am a strong believer that change is what makes this nation great. Stagnant conservative ideas do nothing to grow our nation. You can't alienate women, minorities, the poor and anyone who is not upper middle class and white and expect to represent this country. It ain't 1950. If republicans are able to open their tent and really include more than what they expound now I have no issue voting for an elephant. You can't try and outlaw a woman's right to choose are peoples right to marry people of the same gender and represent the majority in this nation. You can't decide that the bible is the "only" word of God or that there is a God and then dictate your politics on dogma and expect to represent a religiously diverse nation. That is why I voted for Obama.
greentriple is offline   Reply With Quote